Dally M Awards

BW try tonight thoigh when Reece just smoked ***** was a contender

[Threads Merged]

The NRL has released the nominees for the Dally M positional awards:

2023 Dally M Awards nominees

FULLBACK:
James Tedesco (Roosters), Dylan Edwards (Panthers), Kalyn Ponga (Knights)

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors), Jamayne Isaako (Dolphins), Brian To’o (Panthers), Dominic Young (Knights), Selwyn Cobbo (Broncos), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Sharks)

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Bradman Best (Knights), Kotoni Staggs (Broncos), Campbell Graham (Rabbitohs), Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Izack Tago (Panthers)

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam (Broncos), Cameron Munster (Storm), Cody Walker (Rabbitohs)

HALFBACK: Nathan Cleary (Panthers), Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles), Shaun Johnson (Warriors)

HOOKER: Wayde Egan (Warriors), Apisai Koroisau (Wests Tigers), Harry Grant (Storm)

PROPS: Lindsay Collins (Roosters), Payne Haas (Broncos), James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Storm), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)

BACK ROWERS: Liam Martin (Panthers), Briton Nikora (Sharks), Tyson Frizell (Knights), Haumole Olakau’atu (Sea Eagles), David Fifita (Titans), Hudson Young (Raiders)

LOCK: Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers), Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)

COACH: Kevin Walters (Broncos), Andrew Webster (Warriors), Ivan Cleary (Panthers)

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds (Broncos), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

ROOKIE: Jahream Bula (Wests Tigers), William Warbrick (Storm), Sunia Turuva (Panthers)

This thread is @Sproj's wet dream ... team lists galore 😁

Lol at Tedesco being nominated for fullback of the year ... he was shit for all but about half a dozen games this year.

I thought suspensions only ruled you ineligible for the Dally M medal. not positional awards. but Reece Walsh's omission suggests otherwise

Reynolds being snubbed from halfback of the year nomination is a bit of a shock

For the greatest hooker in the history of the game (BILLY WALTERS) to not be nominated is a farce. NRL are clowning the Broncos. He’ll win CC Medal. I said it 3-4 weeks ago.

Mate, I said it years ago.

FULLBACK: Dylan Edwards -- SHOULD BE WALSH

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak + anyones guess

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton, Herbie Farnworth

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam

HALFBACK: Nathan Cleary

HOOKER: Wayde Egan

PROPS: Payne Haas (Broncos) + anyones guess

BACK ROWERS: Liam Martin (Panthers), + anyones guess

LOCK: Patrick Carrigan

COACH: Kevin Walters, Andrew Webster split the award

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds

ROOKIE: William Warbrick

My choices out of the nominees

FULLBACK: Dylan Edwards (Panthers) - No Walsh, Drinkwater, etc. should mean it's not called the best fullback though, should be calling it best and fairest if they're taking suspensions into account for positional awards as well

WINGERS: Jamayne Isaako (Dolphins) and Brian To’o (Panthers)

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton (Panthers) and Herbie Farnworth (Broncos)

FIVE-EIGHTH: Cameron Munster (Storm) - Ezra gets reasonably close I reckon, but Munster being involved in origin probably gives him the edge ... pretty poor year for 5/8's this year. I thought Dearden was good this year though and could've been a shout for a nomination.

HALFBACK: Shaun Johnson (Warriors) - How did Reynolds not get a nomination... joke... Cleary missed 4-6 weeks or something through injury. I think SJ gets the Dally M, so that likely gets him the nod for halfback as well

HOOKER: Harry Grant (Storm) - Pretty poor year for hookers this year as well

PROPS: Payne Haas (Broncos) and Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)

BACK ROWERS: David Fifita (Titans) and Liam Martin (Panthers) or Briton Nikora (Sharks) -
I think Martin will get it, but he's been injured a lot this year and chopping and changing between starting and bench, so if they go consistency over the course of the year then Nikora should be in with a shout

LOCK: Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)

COACH: Kevin Walters (Broncos)

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds (Broncos)

ROOKIE: Jahream Bula (Wests Tigers)

FULLBACK: Dylan Edwards

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak + Jaymayne Isaako

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton, Herbie Farnworth

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam

HALFBACK: Shaun Johnson

HOOKER:
Wayde Egan

PROPS: Payne Haas + Addin Fonua-Blake

BACK ROWERS: Liam Martin + Haumole Olakau’atu

LOCK: Patrick Carrigan

COACH: Kevin Walters

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds

ROOKIE: William Warbrick

I just cannot fathom how Teddy got that nomination at fullback over Will Kennedy, Meaney or even Garrick.

Is it because Freddy and Mal would have egg on their face when the captain of the team is so bad he's not even in the top five fullbacks (Edwards, Ponga, Walsh, Drinkwater and one of the above) even with Fatrell and Tommy Turbo out injured most of the season?

He's too big "a star player" to fail by missing out on the Dally M nomination?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I just cannot fathom how Teddy got that nomination at fullback over Will Kennedy, Meaney or even Garrick.

Is it because Freddy and Mal would have egg on their face when the captain of the team is so bad he's not even in the top five fullbacks (Edwards, Ponga, Walsh, Drinkwater and one of the above) even with Fatrell and Tommy Turbo out injured most of the season?

He's too big "a star player" to fail by missing out on the Dally M nomination?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

you watch Teddy actually win it too.

2 suspensions making you ineligible is so over the top. Should be like 4 games or something.

Imagine any of those guys actually feeling like they deserve Fullback of the year.
Said for years that I don't think suspensions should disqualify you at all unless you bring the game into disrepute ofcourse (eg drugs or misdemeanour or something).
The punishment IS the suspension, you can't get points while your suspended. Tedeseco being nominated, along with a few others, is farcical...

Said for years that I don't think suspensions should disqualify you at all unless you bring the game into disrepute ofcourse (eg drugs or misdemeanour or something).
The punishment IS the suspension, you can't get points while your suspended. Tedeseco being nominated, along with a few others, is farcical...
I thought it was just negative points per week of suspensions ... if you cop a 3 week ban and have 6 points taken away because of it, then that's already impacting your chance of winning it... if you still come out on top after that then you're by far and away the best player for the season

Surely Haas has to be a legit shot at the Dally M, his consistency was already freakish and then in the back end of the year, he somehow went up a level or 2.

F*(& me, C<nt! Walsh should win Dally M. He has been the best player all season. Especially for getting people to spend money.
I’m happy he doesn’t, honestly. I’d be worried it would go to his head, and the plus is, he still has to strive for the achievement in coming years, whilst knowing that he’s capable.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Galco
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dazza 92
  • FaceOfMutiny
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.