Dally M Awards

Whoever wins the fullback nomination, I’d ask just one question:

So, you think you’ve had a better season than Walsh?

Shocking mate. Shocking.

I would imagine either Walters or Webster wins it but Cleary had an underrated case for coach of the year

Top 8 wins not including finals

Panthers - 10 with an average winning margin of 20.7

Broncos - 6 with an average winning margin of 8.33

Warriors - 5 with an average winning margin of 13

Winning another minor premiership coming off 2 premierships in a row. Losing koroisau and Kikau. Usually goes to a coach that overachieves relative to expectations but having the sustained success he has had has been underrated

I would imagine either Walters or Webster wins it but Cleary had an underrated case for coach of the year

Winning another minor premiership coming off 2 premierships in a row. Losing koroisau and Kikau. Usually goes to a coach that overachieves relative to expectations but having the sustained success he has had has been underrated

He is definitely in with a good shout and I don't think it would be a travesty at all if he won it but he was coming from a head start compared to the other two. He might have lost Kikau and Api but he still has his son and a lot of other absolute gun players in their positions. It will be interesting to see how he covers Crichton and Leota next year.

In terms of Webster, he overachieved massively. You look at that side, compared to other top four teams, it just does not have anything like the calibre of player the other three do and yet they were up to their eyeballs in it. That said, they also had an EXTREMELY favourable draw and no impact whatsoever from origin. Webster has been extremely impressive though and no one would complain if he wins it.

Walters wasn't coming from as far back but he has managed to get a side that imploded at the back end of last season through origin and into the GF with a team that legit can challenge Penrith and all season, it is become increasingly apparent that there were two absolute gun teams and then everyone else and Walters has managed to keep it going all the way through. This is a frightening attacking team that is firing on all cylinders and he has done it while, like Cleary, having massive origin representation, injuries and a tough draw. However their defense is not as good as Penrith's.

So basically, any of the three win it, I won't be complaining.

Holy shit, JayPee neglects the Broncos again, who would have thought that would happen?

You take shots at the Broncs any chance you get and play it off like you are being considerate.
Taking a team from the spoon to the GF in 2 seasons fucken owns Cleary you bozo.

Getting to the Finals with an elite team for the third year is expected from a group of players of that caliber.

Kev/Webster.

daylight

Rest of the coaches with Cleary somewhere in the middle because he for sure deserves credit for keeping an elite team together.

How can you compare a team of kids who make it to the GF to a team of veterans with an abundance of finals experience?

He is definitely in with a good shout and I don't think it would be a travesty at all if he won it but he was coming from a head start compared to the other two. He might have lost Kikau and Api but he still has his son and a lot of other absolute gun players in their positions. It will be interesting to see how he covers Crichton and Leota next year.

In terms of Webster, he overachieved massively. You look at that side, compared to other top four teams, it just does not have anything like the calibre of player the other three do and yet they were up to their eyeballs in it. That said, they also had an EXTREMELY favourable draw and no impact whatsoever from origin. Webster has been extremely impressive though and no one would complain if he wins it.

Walters wasn't coming from as far back but he has managed to get a side that imploded at the back end of last season through origin and into the GF with a team that legit can challenge Penrith and all season, it is become increasingly apparent that there were two absolute gun teams and then everyone else and Walters has managed to keep it going all the way through. This is a frightening attacking team that is firing on all cylinders and he has done it while, like Cleary, having massive origin representation, injuries and a tough draw. However their defense is not as good as Penrith's.

So basically, any of the three win it, I won't be complaining.
Yeah I think it will be close. I would guess how the award is given out historically that Webster is probably a clear favourite. I have no idea who makes the selection. I'm guessing some kind of media panel? They all have great cases.

Awarding points to the best players in each match is a little bit flawed. I think Dally M points should only be awarded to the three best players in each round. That will determine who the best player truly was throughout the entire season, not just who the best player was in a poor side.

For instance Player X, who plays in an average side and was good throughout the season, but not great when compared to the best players in the competition. He may end up winning the Dally M because he still polled high points in his matches, but because he plays in an average side he had no one else to take potential points off him.

Whereas Player Y and Player Z, who both played great each week in their respective top four sides, and would both be a much more deserving winner of the Dally M, but because they had to compete with other great players in their teams, they may not have always polled the maximum points each week.

So when compared to Player X, it is really no competition who the best player was, but because Player X he is ahead of Player Y and Player Z in the points, he wins the Dally M despite not being the best player in the game.

There needs to be a way to narrow it down further than what the current system does. I would perhaps suggest picking the best three players in each match, but then at the end of the round comparing these players against each other and then awarding a 3-2-1 of Dally M points to the best three players out of that list. So if Player X was the best player in his match, but was relatively average when compared to the rest of the players that were considered the best in their matches, he wouldn't be awarded any Dally M points that round. This would then ensure that only the best three players in each round are awarded points at the end of the round.

Holy shit, JayPee neglects the Broncos again, who would have thought that would happen?

You take shots at the Broncs any chance you get and play it off like you are being considerate.
Taking a team from the spoon to the GF in 2 seasons fucken owns Cleary you bozo.

Getting to the Finals with an elite team for the third year is expected from a group of players of that caliber.

Kev/Webster.

daylight

Rest of the coaches with Cleary somewhere in the middle because he for sure deserves credit for keeping an elite team together.

How can you compare a team of kids who make it to the GF to a team of veterans with an abundance of finals experience?
You are really emotional. Having a bad day? It's only Monday dude. Long way to go in the week.

The average age of Penrith is 25.82 and the Broncos is 25.31. You are right. So much veteran leadership. Broncos have absolutely no leadership, veterans or finals/origin experience...

You are really emotional. Having a bad day? It's only Monday dude. Long way to go in the week.

The average age of Penrith is 25.82 and the Broncos is 25.31. You are right. So much veteran leadership. Broncos have absolutely no leadership, veterans or finals/origin experience...
LOL **** off troll.

Why not compare Finals experience between the two?
Oh because that doesnt suit your passive aggressive anti-bronco narrative.

Clown.

Awarding points to the best players in each match is a little bit flawed. I think Dally M points should only be awarded to the three best players in each round. That will determine who the best player truly was throughout the entire season, not just who the best player was in a poor side.

For instance Player X, who plays in an average side and was good throughout the season, but not great when compared to the best players in the competition. He may end up winning the Dally M because he still polled high points in his matches, but because he plays in an average side he had no one else to take potential points off him.

Whereas Player Y and Player Z, who both played great each week in their respective top four sides, and would both be a much more deserving winner of the Dally M, but because they had to compete with other great players in their teams, they may not have always polled the maximum points each week.

So when compared to Player X, it is really no competition who the best player was, but because Player X he is ahead of Player Y and Player Z in the points, he wins the Dally M despite not being the best player in the game.

There needs to be a way to narrow it down further than what the current system does. I would perhaps suggest picking the best three players in each match, but then at the end of the round comparing these players against each other and then awarding a 3-2-1 of Dally M points to the best three players out of that list. So if Player X was the best player in his match, but was relatively average when compared to the rest of the players that were considered the best in their matches, he wouldn't be awarded any Dally M points that round. This would then ensure that only the best three players in each round are awarded points at the end of the round.
I think whoever votes on it needs to be more harsh on the team that loses. You should really have to stand out to get the 2 points in a losing side.

Too many times I have seen a scoreline eg like 32-12 and there is a guy that is a playmaker on a middle of the pack team that gets the 2 for just being better than the dross on his team that day. Then when they do get their wins they often automatically get their 3 points and it just accumulates.

I wouldn't even bother with the points system. Do it like the NBA. Eg 100 media members and put down 1st to 5th at the end of the year. Make the votes public so they are held accountable. If you watch enough games you know who the best players for the year have been. It would stop guys like Luke Brooks over the years polling an enormous amount of votes in a dogshit team. Would not even be considered if you are a serious voter. Winning needs to be more heavily favoured.

I think whoever votes on it needs to be more harsh on the team that loses. You should really have to stand out to get the 2 points in a losing side.

Too many times I have seen a scoreline eg like 32-12 and there is a guy that is a playmaker on a middle of the pack team that gets the 2 for just being better than the dross on his team that day. Then when they do get their wins they often automatically get their 3 points and it just accumulates.

I wouldn't even bother with the points system. Do it like the NBA. Eg 100 media members and put down 1st to 5th at the end of the year. Make the votes public so they are held accountable. If you watch enough games you know who the best players for the year have been. It would stop guys like Luke Brooks over the years polling an enormous amount of votes in a dogshit team. Would not even be considered if you are a serious voter. Winning needs to be more heavily favoured.
Now this i agree with.

You can be level headed when you remove your anit-broncos glasses.

LOL **** off troll.

Why not compare Finals experience between the two?
Oh because that doesnt suit your passive aggressive anti-bronco narrative.

Clown.
You are the one responding with a rant about being "anti Broncos" for pointing out a coach having an underrated case for an award.

You are jumping to a conclusion. I didn't start anything with you. I didn't bring up veterans, kids etc. You did. That's your argument to make.

You are the one responding with a rant about being "anti Broncos" for pointing out a coach having an underrated case for an award.

You are jumping to a conclusion. I didn't start anything with you. I didn't bring up veterans, kids etc. You did. That's your argument to make.
If you say so bud.

If you gave credit to the Broncos at all this wouldn't be an issue, but you take every opportunity to deny them that, and credit other teams.

Should Cleary be in the conversation? Obviously.
Should Webster and Kev be in front of Cleary? Obviously.

Let me guess, you think Tedesco should be in the running for the FB of the year over Walsh as well?

If you say so bud.

If you gave credit to the Broncos at all this wouldn't be an issue, but you take every opportunity to deny them that, and credit other teams.
I haven't denied them anything lol I have said how well they have played all year. I have congratulated you guys many times for how well they are going. I love the flare of some of the players. I have said Haas is going to be one of the greatest forwards ever. They are the best team by a mile to watch.

You are living in a fantasy world. Not having them to beat Penrith isn't "anti Broncos". It's not doubt on the Broncos part. They have an excellent mix of players. I think this team probably beats most of the premiers that have won the comp that I can remember. I just think this Penrith team is better at this stage. What they can do over a long period of time in a game is just brutal. The grand final last year was an example. I have never seen anything like it. If you guys can really get to that level it's going to be one hell of a grand final.

I haven't denied them anything lol I have said how well they have played all year. I have congratulated you guys many times for how well they are going. I love the flare of some of the players. I have said Haas is going to be one of the greatest forwards ever. They are the best team by a mile to watch.

You are living in a fantasy world. Not having them to beat Penrith isn't "anti Broncos". It's not doubt on the Broncos part. They have an excellent mix of players. I think this team probably beats most of the premiers that have won the comp that I can remember. I just think this Penrith team is better at this stage. What they can do over a long period of time in a game is just brutal. The grand final last year was an example. I have never seen anything like it. If you guys can really get to that level it's going to be one hell of a grand final.
I like my fantasy world, and all fair points.

Kevy should be coach of the year. Andrew Webster has done exceptionally well however I think the warriors last two seasons living in Australia has had more to do with their success than the coach. Its probably a culmination of a number of things coming together, including returning home, favourable draw, no origin fatigue that has Webster in the frame.

From 14th, to 9th to a Grand Final, Kevy is deserving of this. We have had to endure a tough draw, toughest in the comp and also deal with being ravaged of stars during origin.

Kev/Webster.

daylight

I agree ... IMO it takes better coaching to drag a team up to the elite level, then maintain the elite level with a team you've already developed.

Tedesco hahahaha.

Even the NRL awards system is amateur.
FMD this organization needs to have the entire hierarchy fired into the sun.

It's the same in every sport- you can't win the Brownlow if you're suspended and cricket too- Roy couldn't win the One Day player of the year in 2006- he won it on points but was ineligible and Hussey won on countback.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Tmac
  • theshed
  • john1420
  • Wolfie
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.