Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Bulldogs have the edge in any negotiations when it comes to other clubs chasing him.

He can get the captaincy quite easily there, Bulldogs can offer him a lot of money and he wouldn't have to leave Manly which benefits his missus..

Based on those 3 things, I would say they have a slightly better edge.

They will make a play for him when he is off contract.

They also just signed a guy for 800k a season. How do they have a better chance my man?

They also just signed a guy for 800k a season. How do they have a better chance my man?

Easy, they offload players they don't need. One of them being Hodkinson.

Bulldogs don't exactly have a team full of superstars, and with the cap going up they could afford him.

Besides, the captaincy is going to be the biggest card clubs can play..

We can offload players if needed to though.

Easy, they offload players they don't need. One of them being Hodkinson.

Bulldogs don't exactly have a team full of superstars, and with the cap going up they could afford him.

Besides, the captaincy is going to be the biggest card clubs can play..

You think we can't give him the captaincy?

You think we can't give him the captaincy?

I never said we couldn't. However, Canterbury is closer to Manly where his wife is settled and has family. If Dogs offer the same thing, they would have a slight edge based on that. Let us not forget who is coach of the Bulldogs also.

Again, I never said Broncos couldn't offer those things and he may still decide to join the Broncos. My point was the Bulldogs would have a slight edge over us and just about every other club chasing him apart from Manly.

Last edited:
I never said we couldn't. However, Canterbury is closer to Manly where his wife is settled and has family. If Dogs offer the same thing, they would have a slight edge based on that. Let us not forget who is coach of the Bulldogs also.

Again, I never said Broncos couldn't offer those things and he may still decide to join the Broncos. My point was the Bulldogs would have a slight edge over us.

But then we have things that could give us the edge too. Being the club he loves, his best mate plays here, and A LOT of his good mates do too. His family lives here. Captaining the Brisbane Broncos is huge, no matter how bad we're going. We would also be able to offer more money than the Dogs. Also I wonder if DCE has noticed the way Doggies fans have treated his best friend?

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. DCE
9. McCullough

Make it happen.

People need to realise that posting the same spine over and over again doesn't help things. Or progess conversation on this forum.

Manly will probably do everything they can to extend his contract before other clubs are allowed to negotiate with him.

People need to realise that posting the same spine over and over again doesn't help things. Or progess conversation on this forum.

Neither does bagging Griffin in every single thread when there's a 100+ page strong thread solely dedicated to it......difference is ones just going out of your way to continually degrade a discussion and other is just appreciation of what our spine could be.

Last edited:

I dunno, it could be like a pedestrian crossing button, the more you push it, the faster it goes green!

Its good to see the Manly players would mutiny if they lose Glenn Stewart ... what an ordinary player Stewart will be for his next contract

We simply have to throw everything at DCE but I fear it will be for nothing ... happy wife, happy life

Failing that, we have to cherry pick a halfback from the UK as a stop gap for a couple of years ... we can't continue with Hunt

When cherry Evans scored tonight off burher. They flashed to the injured Stewart bothers. Their reaction was priceless.

It's not mutiny. It's a team that wants to play together. Broncs used to be like that too...

It's not mutiny. It's a team that wants to play together. Broncs used to be like that too...

The Broncs may not be a top four side but they do want to play together. That's one thing you cant accuse them of this year (so far).

The Broncs may not be a top four side but they do want to play together. That's one thing you cant accuse them of this year (so far).
Never accused them of that but it seems like the fans don't want this team.

I like the optimism on this site it went from the worst season ever to maybe, just maybe. I like that

Only here cause I missed the football.

Never accused them of that but it seems like the fans don't want this team.

I like the optimism on this site it went from the worst season ever to maybe, just maybe. I like that

Only here cause I missed the football.

Let me remind you what you wrote:
It's a team that wants to play together. Broncs used to be like that too...

Seems to me like you accused them of not wanting to play together.

When cherry Evans scored tonight off burher. They flashed to the injured Stewart bothers. Their reaction was priceless.

What did they do mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Yem
  • Gray
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncs30
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • Mustafur
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Midean
  • Dazza 92
  • Morkel
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.