Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

It's not to get paid more money .....it's to get the tight arses at Manly HQ to cough up the doe from the third party deals they promised DCE when he signed.

At least that's my understanding.

It's not to get paid more money .....it's to get the tight arses at Manly HQ to cough up the doe from the third party deals they promised DCE when he signed.

At least that's my understanding.

This is how I've read it also. Manly were said to be in breach of his current contract for not upholding the 3rd party arrangements.

This is how I've read it also. Manly were said to be in breach of his current contract for not upholding the 3rd party arrangements.

Here's the thing that's getting me. It may just be semantics, but the exact word used was 'ask' for a release. If it's a contractual breach, then they don't need to 'ask' for a release, they issue a breach notice and get it done. If they need to 'ask' for a release, then there's no breach, so technically we're in a Gasnier situation, where the Dragons didn't breach but they let him go on compassionate grounds because he'd been screwed over financially by unsecured 3rd party deals.

Yeah, he doesn't want to leave, he just wants what is owed to him, what was agreed upon. That could be the case (in terms of using the word ask) but more than likely it's just the media using that term or the guy used ask, but mean they are going to tell them.

He's just trying to shame Manly into paying up

There's a difference between asking what he is owed (which would be the reason he would ask for a release) and trying to leech more from the club (at the time he signed the salary cap was at the old level). I'd love for the first to be true, but would baulk at the second...

In either case, I have no doubt that DCE's agent is using Brisbane again, to strengthen his negotiation position.

Offer him everything. Wallace is a loser. GET RID OF HIM

What would you have him do? The forwards got owned

Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Might have kicked a 40/20 like he did on Monday when Manly were struggling. Can anyone remember the last time Wal kicked one?

Was there a 'last time'?

I thought Wallace was decent tonight.

Does anyone think Griffin encourages a 40/20 attempt unless we are down by 4 with 1 min left.

LOL :loool:

Seen a tweet from Chris Garry today suggesting DCE's missus doesn't want to move to Brisbane.

The Mole is tweeting that Manly have come up with a 3rd party deal to make DCE happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Emanon
  • rnabokov
  • Broncorob
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.