Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

I am not sure how everyone else would feel but it is a business the same as any other. I would feel disappointed but if an employee wants to be somewhere else then it is best to let them go rather than hold them against their will and ruin morale

I agree with you entirely. My problem is that I grew up in a rugby league culture long gone where you played for the club which represented where you lived, which nurtured and developed your footie career.

If you moved house, well, that was different. Life is change.

So I'm both stuck in the past while wading through the present, with the idea of club loyalty still strong in me.

For mine, an NRL player contract should be from year to year, and, except for exceptional circumstances, unbreakable

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I agree with you entirely. My problem is that I grew up in a rugby league culture long gone where you played for the club which represented where you lived, which nurtured and developed your footie career.

If you moved house, well, that was different. Life is change.

So I'm both stuck in the past while wading through the present, with the idea of club loyalty still strong in me.

For mine, an NRL player contract should be from year to year, and, except for exceptional circumstances, unbreakable
I am from a generation long gone and feel the same loyalty now to the clubs i have played for and still attend functions.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

As for Manly's cap pressure. I am sure i read an article earlier in the season where Glenn Stewart was shopped to another club because his biggest back ended year of the contract is next year. He refused to go.
Unfortunately i cannot locate the article at present

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Actually, the argument above about if DCE is leaving in 2015, let him go next year for cap space is actually a really good idea for Manly. If he is going to come anyway, why let other players go to keep him for the extra year? I know this is wishful thinking but this excites me no end!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Actually, the argument above about if DCE is leaving in 2015, let him go next year for cap space is actually a really good idea for Manly. If he is going to come anyway, why let other players go to keep him for the extra year? I know this is wishful thinking but this excites me no end!!

That would be the Broncos best move and may force Manlys hand... from Nov 1 sign DCE for 2015 onwards and once we have his signiture i'm sure Manly would be open to releasing him early rather than risk losing massive player to keep him for one more year... although they may follow the Bulldogs lead and try to get some compensation out of us. and i'd be all for that.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

That would be the Broncos best move and may force Manlys hand... from Nov 1 sign DCE for 2015 onwards and once we have his signiture i'm sure Manly would be open to releasing him early rather than risk losing massive player to keep him for one more year... although they may follow the Bulldogs lead and try to get some compensation out of us. and i'd be all for that.

If they chose to release him, I doubt they have a leg to stand on with trying to get cash out of Brisbane.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

FMD, could you imagine the rumour mills and media speculation if every player was out of contract every year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

No but they could obviously make Brissy pay his full wage as opposed to what the Tigers did in paying other clubs to take players to accommodate their stupid signing of Blair.

We would be happy to pay DCE's full wage and so it is win win financially for both clubs but a bigger for us player wise obviously.

We would then probably see truth in the rumour of Hannant to the Titans. As great as he is and underrated, losing Hannant to gain DCE would be worth it given we have Kennedy coming and McGuire and a million other props already here.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Thought he had a clause that can be activated at any time , and it's a matter of money and captaincy

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

[tweet]381937650468257792[/tweet]

Oh boy, they've gone and done it, they've gone at got my hopes up!

This better be legit.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

This better be legit.

Haha I was coming on here to post this exact thing. Oh boy oh boy I know I am probably gonna be let down but jesus christ im excited

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

man oh man, i hope we do sign him because I think half of BHQ will be on suicide watch if he doesn't come, such is the build up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

This better be legit.

**** I might actually have to get a cherry tattoo on my arse.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

omg. **** this. this shit happens all the time, I got my hopes up last time and it's happening again just seeing that, even tho my head is saying don't listen to the mole, my chest is pumping lol.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

This better be legit.

Can someone please type up what it says? I'm on my phone and it just displays the twitter # code. I too want to have my hopes up...

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Not signed but watch this space.

Ie, I don't know anything and I am a fence sitter incase obvious information comes out, and then I can say I had inside info all the time.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Not signed but watch this space.

Ie, I don't know anything and I am a fence sitter incase obvious information comes out, and then I can say I had inside info all the time.

Thanks for that. Probably means nothing, just another thing that he can get credit for whether we get him or not. We don't, and he gets to say that he knew that he'd never signed. We do, and he'll claim he knew the signature was just a formality.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

Thanks for that. Probably means nothing, just another thing that he can get credit for whether we get him or not. We don't, and he gets to say that he knew that he'd never signed. We do, and he'll claim he knew the signature was just a formality.

Got to agree wiith this, the mole is just covering all bases as per usual. get ready for the things change cuz/bro in a couple weeks when nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • Galco
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.