Dane Gagai re-signs with Newcastle

Re: [Rumour] Dane Gagai to Brisbane in 2016

Edit: I was too harsh on Copley, but I think if it was a choice for mine, I'd have Gagai over him (if it was a 1v1 choice).

Last edited:

All of this talk about the broncos possibly missing out on gagai because we have "too many good backs" is ridiculous.

Reed, maranta and to an extent copley and kahu are all expendable if it means getting gagai. Obviously you dont need to lose 4 players to get him, so reed and maranta should do

or Reed and Kahu given Kahu can't work out how to stay on the field...

Problem would be finding another club to pick up Reed's salary. Its a joke we signed him on such a long deal

Problem would be finding another club to pick up Reed's salary. Its a joke we signed him on such a long deal

I remember hearing at the time of Reed's re-signing that his contract was only worth $150 000 a year, which is still three times what he earned in 2011, so it would have seemed like a big contract to him. I don't believe it was back-ended, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if the club had to pay out the last $300 000 to finish his contract early, especially if it's to enable Gagai to come back.

I can guarantee you Reed is on WAY more than $150k a season, it's closer to $350k from memory.

Him and Gillett both signed long term contracts at the same time back when we thought they were both the future of the club.

I can guarantee you Reed is on WAY more than $150k a season, it's closer to $350k from memory.

Him and Gillett both signed long term contracts at the same time back when we thought they were both the future of the club.

It was reportedly 250k for Reed

My money is still on Wayne giving Hodges the tap on the shoulder at the end of the year and telling him its time. The captaincy this year is his swansong.

Wayne has shown he has no problems making the hard decisions, Gagai is as a young and long term centre option for the club.

My money is still on Wayne giving Hodges the tap on the shoulder at the end of the year and telling him its time. The captaincy this year is his swansong.

Wayne has shown he has no problems making the hard decisions, Gagai is as a young and long term centre option for the club.

Although painful to admit, this is probably the best option for the Broncos going forward. Hodges will probably go overseas for a couple of years with a big ESL, and Thaiday (who I expect will also be shown the door by Wayne) will most likely sign a big money deal for a desperate club like the Titans or Raiders and wither away into non-relevance, which is a shame.

I'd pay Jack Reed $500k myself just to get him to leave at seasons end, hopefully some English team wants him or something.

Although painful to admit, this is probably the best option for the Broncos going forward. Hodges will probably go overseas for a couple of years with a big ESL, and Thaiday (who I expect will also be shown the door by Wayne) will most likely sign a big money deal for a desperate club like the Titans or Raiders and wither away into non-relevance, which is a shame.

Hodges said he'd like to play in the ESL before he retires.

Gagai would be a great replacement.

Last edited:

Hodges said he'd like to play in the ESL before he retires.

Gaga would be a great replacement.

She looks more like a hooker than a centre though

1394892143_lady-gaga-2009_1.jpg

Very clever :takdir:

Hahaha, that was laughably made up.

"We uhh.. have well informed sources that say he is maybe close to re-signing.."

"What will happen to Dane Copley and Jack Reed"

"Well uhh.. I heard the CEO from the Tigers wants centres.."

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.