Daniel Vidot discussion

Re: Should Daniel Vidot Be In The First Grade Side?

From what I am told, there has been a lot of short cuts, easy way outs and lack of mental toughness in his off field work.
Being shown the door is another example of Bennett not accepting anything but 100% at the club, Thaiday is in the same boat.
Bennett is rebuilding the culture of the club from the ground up and can't afford weak links in the chain as it is much bigger than this year or next. There is much more to the Broncos than metres gained each week and I have the utmost faith in what Bennett is doing, even if in the short term it seems crazy, he has a very clear plan.

Maranta may not be the best winger in the game, but you can't question his commitment and attitude.

Broncos trained really hard Thursday morning and it was then up to Vidot and another player if they went to their ISC training on Thursday night. Vidot said no, other player turned up and trained for another two hours.

Broncos trained really hard Thursday morning and it was then up to Vidot and another player if they went to their ISC training on Thursday night. Vidot said no, other player turned up and trained for another two hours.

Garbutt :P

Put it this way, if Vidot was the ultimate professional, instead of moaning about being in QLD cup he would go back and focus on the areas of his game that need improving then I'm sure Bennett would have found a place for him in the side. As for those saying his discipline issues were not a huge worry, it starts to be a hassle if they are consistent and the player shows no sign of trying to cut the shit out. And I'm sick to death of all these metre eater bullshit. Seriously a wingers job is to catch the high ball in defence and scores tries in attack. I couldn't give a **** if he runs for 500 metres a game. That's what we pay our props to do.

Didn't he cost his group Tim Tams by being lazy or lagging? If they were those sweet new Adriano Zumbo special edition ones I can imagine he'd be unpopular in the playing group.

I dunno, the guy's been at a few clubs now and never quite established himself as a must-have. Whether it's an issue with talent or training or fitness or attitude or something else I hope he gets his shit together and back into first grade, either here or somewhere else. Maybe just seeing that his NRL career could be on the slide caused him to panic and try to find any other club who could use him in first grade.

Either way I do feel sorry for him as he's at best the third choice for wing after Kahu and Oates and off contract this year, but to give up after 3 weeks and try to leave instead just looks like taking the easy option.

From what I got told, he was a bit of a quitter when things got a bit tough.

To be fair, I'm all for emotional and passionate responses. That said, for those bagging him, please try to get some perspective. He was one of our best last year and his 'useless' metre gains often got us on the front foot and put us in good attacking positions consistently that our spluttering spine would often screw up or centres would blow through hogging. At times Daniel would drop it with the try line open that is absolutely true.

However, he was our best signing by far. So he comes back fitter in response to direction given. Meanwhile he gets punted for an admittedly crucial defensive error in a glorified preseason game. The same game Whitchurch made multiple errors. He proceeds to get a game. Reed has been stinking it up for about three seasons but gets games. Thaiday makes crucial errors but continues to get games.

Apparently he he has some minor discipline problems but Wayne signed Gagai and was willing to sign Packer. Regardless of whether Dan's demotion is right or wrong, he has every right to feel confused and look at his options.

Apparently he he has some minor discipline problems but Wayne signed Gagai and was willing to sign Packer. Regardless of whether Dan's demotion is right or wrong, he has every right to feel confused and look at his options.
Not if he was told his attitude needed to change and it hasn't.

I know Bennett can be blunt to the media but his man management skills are what players talk about - I'm sure it hasn't gone like this:

Bennett drops Vidot,
Vidot asks Bennett 'hey what can I do to improve/get back in the side?'
Bennett says "Dunno, stuff" and walks away leaving Vidot scratching his head.

I try not to post in the broncos talk forum anymore as I find the blatant bias too frustrating. Again its all through this thread, people all of a sudden thinking vidot is lazy, unmotivated and we are better off without him. Last year he was our shining light, and many of you raved on about how much of a good buy he was, how important his metres were etc..

All it took was Wayne bennett to not like him and all of a sudden the guy may as well have killed someone the way the board is carrying on.

I find it ironic that in many of the articles about vidot being dropped, his error and his defensives lapses are used as the reason. Yet, how many tries have we seen spastic jack let in this year already? Jack reed is honestly one of the worst backs in the competition at this point and you all seem to agree we are better off with vidot leaving and having reed in our 13? Come off it.

From what we have all read, Vidot put in the effort in the off season, he has a MASSIVE passion for the broncos, he genuinely seems like the broncos are HIS club and he has always wanted to be here. But Bennett decided, before he even got here, that Vidot was unwanted. For such a great coach i find it strange there are players he seems unwilling to work with. A decent coach would at least try work with them first...

No big loss, his metres were handy last year, but if we're going to win a premiership we need people who can catch bombs and finish off tries, neither of which are his strong points.

He'll be a distant memory by next season once we've got Gagai, and hopefully a fully healthy Copley at left centre.

You crack me up. Still crapping on about how Copley will be centre and Gagai on the wing LOL. Mate, if you think gagai doesnt walk into this broncos team in centre you literally have no idea. Gagai would walk into most teams at centre, let alone ours. Copley cant even displace Reed, one of the worst centres in the game, and you think he will keep gagai on the wing? You're on your own there.

You crack me up. Still crapping on about how Copley will be centre and Gagai on the wing LOL. Mate, if you think gagai doesnt walk into this broncos team in centre you literally have no idea. Gagai would walk into most teams at centre, let alone ours. Copley cant even displace Reed, one of the worst centres in the game, and you think he will keep gagai on the wing? You're on your own there.

Copley plays on the left, Gagai plays on the right.

Gagai will play 1 season of wing outside of Hodges, Hodges then retires, Gagai takes his spot at Right Centre.

souths didnt want him when they have goodwin & reddy in their best XIII

Re: Is Lachlan Maranta Really That Bad?

Just quietly I think it's a joke that Vidot plays the role he does at the Jets.

How is he supposed to get better as a winger if he's playing as a prop? It's the most ass-backwards approach I've seen and while he may have fun I don't think he's getting the help he needs.

Doesn't seem to be hurting Anderson's career.

any chance that with gavet out for the season that bennett is on the hunt to make a depth signing sooner rather than later at prop? and hence the reason vidot is being shipped out asap?

few other problems with other props (dodds injury, garbutt ??? i honestly dont know where he stands atm), would make sense.

Such a disappointment. Our best winger from 2014 just let go.

What message does that send to the playing group?

Doesn't seem to be hurting Anderson's career.

Anderson hasnt been dropped from the NRL.

Anyway its all for naught if what you say about the decision having been made in Dec is true. For all we know it doesnt matter what position Vidot played In the ISC.

Such a disappointment. Our best winger from 2014 just let go.

What message does that send to the playing group?

That excellence is now being demanded at the broncos. To fix up your errors and develop a never say die attitude or look elsewhere

Anderson hasnt been dropped from the NRL.

Anyway its all for naught if what you say about the decision having been made in Dec is true. For all we know it doesnt matter what position Vidot played In the ISC.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

Active Now

• vertigo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • porouian
  • Emanon
  • Skathen
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.