Daniel Vidot discussion

Such a disappointment. Our best winger from 2014 just let go.

What message does that send to the playing group?

That our wingers from 2014 were shite? I mean if our best winger only got the gong because Hook played Oates elsewhere, Kahu buggered his knee for the nth time, and our best winger played 5/8 then that says something about the squad.
That now Oates and Kahu are available for wing spots anyone else who wants one better shape up and play the fucking house down? That anyone who does or doesn't do whatever Dan did or did not will be looking for another club?
Hell, maybe it tells Eden and Andersen and any young guns that they might get a chance through Origin and injury, so to bring their A games and it just might work.

Without knowing the full story, or knowing how much the playing group know it's impossible to say exactly. But one thing is sure and what the players take from this will depend on each player's perspective and character.

Anderson hasnt been dropped from the NRL.

Anyway its all for naught if what you say about the decision having been made in Dec is true. For all we know it doesnt matter what position Vidot played In the ISC.

That's the one part of this that doesn't sit well with me.

I've got nothing against the Walkers, they have their own agendas and support the way they play. However, if Wayne was looking for improvement in Vidot, sending him to a team as radical as the Jets was not a good opportunity for Dan.

I think that certainly lends itself to Vidot being shown the door.

And I'll say it again. I don't think his WCC was that bad. He came off his wing because Hodges had failed to get back in time. That was the only blemish as far as I'm concerned and the only problem I had with him was that he was quiet.

But then the ball never really went his way - it was all headed down the left.

Maybe he had a shocker of a Mackay trial? The most we saw of that was 90 seconds worth, which also happened to be a low-lights reel of Whitchurch's game despite reports suggesting he was one of the Broncos best on the night.

I think fans hold his 2014 in too high of a regard.

I was pleased with his performance and was happy he was apart of the team.

But I didn't get the sense that he was nothing more than another Brett Plowman. What I mean by that is he was a handy depth player who was very unconventional. In the big games, they'll get exposed.

Based on what I'd seen, I would have had him on the wing for Round 1 but wasn't overly concerned he'd been over-looked.

I also thought selecting him on the bench ala Whitchurch would have been pointless in the context of Wayne was looking to do.

Last edited:
Didn't have the guts to try and stick it out. I don't begrudge players taking up an opportunity to play elsewhere but to crack the shits after Souths withdrawal of an offer is mentally weak.

That's the one part of this that doesn't sit well with me.

I've got nothing against the Walkers, they have their own agendas and support the way they play. However, if Wayne was looking for improvement in Vidot, sending him to a team as radical as the Jets was not a good opportunity for Dan.

I think that certainly lends itself to Vidot being shown the door.

And I'll say it again. I don't think his WCC was that bad. He came off his wing because Hodges had failed to get back in time. That was the only blemish as far as I'm concerned and the only problem I had with him was that he was quiet.

But then the ball never really went his way - it was all headed down the left.

Maybe he had a shocker of a Mackay trial? The most we saw of that was 90 seconds worth, which also happened to be a low-lights reel of Whitchurch's game despite reports suggesting he was one of the Broncos best on the night.

I think fans hold his 2014 in too high of a regard.

I was pleased with his performance and was happy he was apart of the team.

But I didn't get the sense that he was nothing more than another Brett Plowman. What I mean by that is he was a handy depth player who was very unconventional. In the big games, they'll get exposed.

Based on what I'd seen, I would have had him on the wing for Round 1 but wasn't overly concerned he'd been over-looked.

I also thought selecting him on the bench ala Whitchurch would have been pointless in the context of Wayne was looking to do.
HAHA and Maranta is just another Brett Plowman gene

Re: Is Lachlan Maranta Really That Bad?

Anderson hasnt been dropped from the NRL.

Anyway its all for naught if what you say about the decision having been made in Dec is true. For all we know it doesnt matter what position Vidot played In the ISC.

No he just went from an 18 year old colt to a NRL contracted player in 18 games. Again the style of play didn't seem to harm him.

Or Barba scoring 22 tries last year being a winger under the style.

Every player that has come back Kennedy, Hannant and Barba has loved it and said how much it improved their game and how much they wanted to be there.

How can coming back and being able to show skills not be a good thing? Damn it I have to go play for that team that works really hard on skills and showing them in attack, off loading and chip kicking- what a terrible afternoon. Can't see how you can get back to NRL doing that.

Excellence is being demanded yet Reed is still is our starting centre? Nup, not buying that

So sorry for having an opinion, the same thing you have been complaining about all morning.

Reed may be displaying a better attitude than Vidot has, hence why he is getting a better run currently.

No he just went from an 18 year old colt to a NRL contracted player in 18 games. Again the style of play didn't seem to harm him.

Every player that has come back Kennedy, Hannant and Barba has loved it and said how much it improved their game and how much they wanted to be there.

How can coming back and being able to show skills not be a good thing? Damn it I have to go play for that team that works really hard on skills and showing them in attack, off loading and chip kicking- what a terrible afternoon. Can't see how you can get back to NRL doing that.

Sounds to me like something Sandow would kill for. And that's the problem - high risk, high reward stuff is awesome for part-timers who play the game for the love of it. Kudos to them. But in the professional world, you live or die on results, not how much fun you have on the field or while training. If dull, high-percentage plays give your team a better chance of winning, that's what you do.

You say Kennedy, Hannant & Barba? So... the players that really enjoy themselves playing fun footy, yet once returning to the NRL have shown an inability to look after the one-percenters, roll up their sleeves for the tough, gritty stuff, and have been moved on by Bennett. Yeah, sounds like a real shot in the arm for these players' careers!!!

Sounds to me like something Sandow would kill for. And that's the problem - high risk, high reward stuff is awesome for part-timers who play the game for the love of it. Kudos to them. But in the professional world, you live or die on results, not how much fun you have on the field or while training. If dull, high-percentage plays give your team a better chance of winning, that's what you do.

You say Kennedy, Hannant & Barba? So... the players that really enjoy themselves playing fun footy, yet once returning to the NRL have shown an inability to look after the one-percenters, roll up their sleeves for the tough, gritty stuff, and have been moved on by Bennett. Yeah, sounds like a real shot in the arm for these players' careers!!!

You clearly haven't watched them if you think that's all they do and don't understand what they do. Just say I've never watched them- don't guess.

They're not part-timers at all- Pretty sure Parcell is thriving and he's a full time footballer, Anderson- full time footballer.
Who did Bennett pick to do a session against for pre-season? Those part time guys that play touch and nothing else?

Are the Broncos not winning off all the players and the skills this style is giving them? Joe, Parcell, Anderson and Griffin. More Jets at the Broncos then ever before. Just lucky?

To blame the Jets for Vidot's drop is beyond ridculous, given so many other players are going the other way.

Last edited:
Didn't have the guts to try and stick it out. I don't begrudge players taking up an opportunity to play elsewhere but to crack the shits after Souths withdrawal of an offer is mentally weak.

More like,

Pre-season:

WB: "Competition for backline positions is so fierce right now, no one is safe.
Vidot: "Ok sweet, I'll try hard, though my incumbency and awesome efforts in 2014 must count for something"

Post trials:

WB:"We've had a good look at you Daniel, and we've gone with someone else. You're right in the mix though"
Vidot: "That's disappointing, but I wil work hard in ISC and try to get back in the top squad

Pre-round 1:

WB: "We've named Whitchurch on the bench for Round 1. You just played like shit in the trials mate. Although Whitchurch played worse and has a long history of droppsies in first grade and hasn't actually played first grade for 2 yeasr. Vidot, I want you playing prop for the Jets"
Vidot:"Wait. what? Ahh ok, but I've played wing or centre my entire life."
WB: "Shut up. I make the rules around here. Such a bad attitude son. This is the Broncos and I am God. Look, tell your agent to shop you around and if a better offer comes up, take it. But I want you to keep playing hard for the Jets".
Vidot:"WTF"

Post- Round 1:

WB: "Well that (de)escalated quickly. Looks like Whitchurch can't cut the mustard. BTW our first line winger (Copley) has gone down with a calf injury. I'm gonna go with...Oates... he's a big framed and strong winger, just what we need"
Vidot:"Ah.. I'm a big framed winger, topped the metres last year in the NRL wtf have I done wrong"
WB:" Stop questioning me. You've got ample opportunity to prove yourself in the QCUP"
Vidot:"But I'm playing prop FFS"
WB:" Don't let the music die in you Daniel - such a bad attitude, you'll make it back one day"

Round 3:
WB: "Well we won comfortably there and Maranta scored 2 tries. Looks like I've got my wingers sorted for the season. Oh look, I need a 18th man forward/winger. Todd Lowrie is a great utliity"
Vidot: "Coach?"

BHQ: SUCH A FUCKIN UNLOYAL DOG.

You clearly haven't watched them if you think that's all they do and don't understand what they do. Just say I've never watched them- don't guess.

They're not part-timers at all- Pretty sure Parcell is thriving and he's a full time footballer, Anderson- full time footballer.
Who did Bennett pick to do a session against for pre-season? Those part time guys that play touch and nothing else?

Are the Broncos not winning off all the players and the skills this style is giving them? Joe, Parcell, Anderson and Griffin. More Jets at the Broncos then ever before. Just lucky?

To blame the Jets for Vidot's drop is beyond ridculous, given so many other players are going the other way.

Jet setting to other clubs.

The jets is the departure lounge.

Comparing Vidot to Carlin is doesn't make sense. One is a NRL winger who has been dropped for reasons we don't understand (but perhaps some here know but won't/cannot tell) and the other is an up and coming player hoping to get a crack.
You said yourself he was dropped in Dec before the season and even the trial games. Carlin has no reason to be offended. Vidot does. Sure he should stick it out and enjoy some exciting football but perhaps he knows more than we do.

From that you've somehow drawn a link suggesting to an attack on the Jet's game style but I've got no issues with the Jets as its some of the most exciting football I've seen but please don't use Kennedy and Hannant to back up your argument.

Last edited:
Here is how I reckon it went down

WB - You need to learn how to catch the highball, drop some weight, gain more speed and work on your finishing skills
DV - Nah **** that. I was the leading metre runner last year, my game doesn't need improvement. I walked into this team last year and I expect the same this year. I reckon I'm NRL standard and that's enough
WB - enjoy playing in the ISC then if you don't want to listen. And because you show your lack of commitment in dropping weight you get to play in the front row where they are allowed to bulk up.

Daniel Vidot granted release

He dropped 5kg. How is failure to lose weight the issue here?

Also, iirc he dropped that weight in January? Well after the decision was made to play him at the Jets if 1910 is correct.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.