Daniel Vidot discussion

It's rare I disagree with you so don't make me sleep on the couch. But I think he's wasted in the forwards. Same reason I love Idris in the centres. In the forwards they're just another big body running at more big bodies. Nothing special. In the centres though they have the opportunity to outmuscle, or even simply skittle, their opposite. There are still small centres out there that if you can contain them defensively, yet overpower them in sheer strength, it can be a huge benefit. Moreso on the wing where you can get one-on-one (or one-on-three as Vidot proved). Sure there are opportunities to try to get a back-rower one-on-one with an opposition half, but they're rarer and require far more manipulation. In the backs, you just need a quick spread or fast PTB.

I should have clarified that it isn't actually a change I'd like to see happen. If he can get his hands right, finishing ability etc than definitely, keep him on the wing/centre. It's just what I can see happening if he can't. He will finish out his playing days (years from now) in the 2nd row IMO, regardless of what happens.

I should have clarified that it isn't actually a change I'd like to see happen. If he can get his hands right, finishing ability etc than definitely, keep him on the wing/centre. It's just what I can see happening if he can't. He will finish out his playing days (years from now) in the 2nd row IMO, regardless of what happens.

Centre you say? I don't think he's a centre? Has little to no foot work at the line.

The fact is that Vidot isn't a good finisher and isn't great under the high ball, both of which are things that your wingers need in this day and age.

Kahu, Oates, Maranta and probably even Reed are players I'd select in front of him on the wing, which is saying a lot. I wish him all the best at his next club though, if he loses some more weight and gets a hand transplant he could be a serviceable winger.

Centre you say? I don't think he's a centre? Has little to no foot work at the line.

My point was more about keeping him on the edges but I get your point.

I say we try to re-sign him as a depth option... he may not be good enough for our starting side (at full strength), but you still need to have some depth options there that aren't on as much coin.

if we don't have any depth options then, players like Shitcurch could be getting way too many games for us... (FTR, 1 game for Shitchurch is too many)

My point was more about keeping him on the edges but I get your point.

Better off making him a backrower then Harry .....not a centre. Agree with Austin, Vidot only has the Maori side step in his armory of evasive skills.

Better off making him a backrower then Harry .....not a centre. Agree with Austin, Vidot only has the Maori side step in his armory of evasive skills.

I'm not Dan's biggest fan but tbh his lack of footwork could do all right in the centres. Just a left field thought, his size means he would have to draw in either other players from inside or the winger to stop him, if he could pop a ball out then maybe a fast winger or Milf could score. Whereas now he's getting thd ball under pressure and having to catch it and palm off two or three people and avoid going into touch all at the same time he might get a bit more space playing one in.

I've been saying he could be an ok center all season. it would also minimise his weakness under the high ball

Can Vidot pass the ball, confidently, on both sides?

Last edited:
Centre could be ok, and he has played there before (iirc I think his best games were against us while playing there). Defensively it is a critical position, could be risky. But we have far better options at centre. Assuming they all stay fit ...

Good article in the Courier Mail.

Vidot re-affirms his desire to play for the Broncos and he's trying his best to eliminate the errors in his game.

He's saying all the right things, hopefully he does them.

Lol at him playing Centre

Realistically he's our 4th best winger and 4th best centre, it doesn't matter where he plays, he isn't going to crack the top 17 when we're fully healthy. He seems like a cool dude and stuff though, I genuinely hope he fixes his problems and has a decent career, somewhere else.

He lacks Footwork, Speed, Passing ability and Defensive prowess. He would be slaughtered in the centers.

Can someone tell me of one time they've seen vidot drop a high ball? I can't remember one but people keep saying he is bad under the high ball. Also this year I've seen him leap pretty high to catch a couple. something he wasn't capable of last year. what does concern me is his defence when it's been chipped over him or there is a fast winger last year he hasn't been able to turn quickly enough.

Can someone tell me of one time they've seen vidot drop a high ball?

I can specifically recall several last season, millions more at the Raiders & Dragons.

I like Vidots willingness to work on his weaknesses, I just don't know how you can cure butter fingers.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Manifesto
  • Behold
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jarro65
  • mystico
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.