Daniel Vidot discussion

Excuse my ignorance (and by that I mean I actually don't know but would like to) but what NRL players have they produced in the last 2 years?

I am assuming that you're wanting 'NRL' meaning playing NRL at the moment. My fault (sorry) but as far as NRL players are concerned for an ISC club- if they leave with a contract- your job is done. You can't control how many games they play or if they even play.

Ofahenguae, Parcell, McInnally, Tasi, Anderson.

Bennett now loves Nem and Griffin was given a off-season contract.

That's not too shabby out of one team in 12 months. They're doing something right out there.

Last edited:
I am assuming that you're wanting 'NRL' meaning playing NRL at the moment. My fault (sorry) but as far as NRL players are concerned for an ISC club- if they leave with a contract- your job is done. You can't control how many games they play or if they even play.

Ofahenguae, Parcell, McInnally, Tasi, Anderson.

Bennett now loves Nem and Griffin was given a off-season contract.

That's not too shabby out of one team in 12 months. They're doing something right out there.

Is Nem gonna get a run?

I think he's an outside back/winger for the Jets.

yeah, centre/wing for the jets. Has looked pretty good the few times i've watched him, powerful runner, has a fair bit of toe on him as well.

Re: Is Lachlan Maranta Really That Bad?

I thought they signed him to get Ben?

If I remember correctly, they signed him but then they had no use for him so they just let him go.

BRISBANE winger Daniel Vidot knows he is on the outer at the Broncos but is determined to fight his way back into the starting side of the club he considers his “pride and joy”.Vidot has endured a rocky 2015 under new coach Wayne Bennett, twice dropped because of his costly errors in games and now set to fall further down the outside backs pecking order with the imminent returns of Darius Boyd and Jordan Kahu.
It is a difficult situation for the 25-year-old but he harbours no ill-feelings towards Bennett or the club and has vowed to fight hard for a new contract at the Broncos.
“I have a lot of respect for Wayne and he is doing his job. I just have to get back on the training paddock and cop it on the chin,” Vidor said.
729671-09f2bb52-f22c-11e4-8640-5412dd2d4115.jpg

Vidot has struggled in the early part of 2015. Picture Renee McKay.

“I just think it’s a few errors I need to get out of my game and be a bit more consistent like last year.
“There was bit of pressure on me coming into the year, I’m not used to being one of the fill-up players, I didn’t expect that at the start of this year and it was a bit of a wake-up call.
“I just have to keep working hard and try to get that spot back.
“At the end of the day he is the coach and I just have to take his criticism and try my best to fix it up.
“He is a very straightforward kind of coach, you can see why he is well respected in rugby league.
“He is straight to the point and there is no mucking around so he is a good coach.
“There is no hate on the Broncos from me. Brisbane has always been my team ever since I was a kid. I’ve always wanted to play with them. I’m real happy at the moment where it is and I’m just going to let my footy take care of itself.”
729753-02b3a86a-f22c-11e4-8640-5412dd2d4115.jpg

Vidot was at his best for Samoa in their win over Tonga. Picture Matt Roberts.

Vidot showed just what he was capable of producing with a strong and consistent display for Samoa in their Pacific Nations victory over Tonga on Saturday night, scoring one try where he carried a defender at least 8m to the tryline.
It is the type of bulldozing runs Brisbane will need in the coming weeks when their Origin stars are missing and Brisbane need extra go-forward from big strong ballrunners.
Vidot said he will be ready for a return to the NRL whenever Bennett needs his services.
“I’m definitely putting my hand up to help the Broncos out, they are my pride and joy and I’ve always loved them and I play with my heart when I play for them,” he said.
“If I get that opportunity to chuck on the Broncos jersey again I will definitely put my best foot forward. I just have to try to make the best of the opportunity I’ve been given.”
Originally published as Vidot vows to fight his way back
At least the attitude is good.

Good to hear his heart is still in it.

Thought he was good for Samoa on the weekend. That try he scored was ridiculous given the amount of defenders hanging off him.

If he can improve his handling and aerial work he could be an absolute weapon.

Has this thread always been called "..granted a release"? After seeing the passion he played with on the weekend, then seeing that thread title, my heart just sank. Thought he was a goner. That article makes me feel a whole lot better. He's definitely one player that I'd like to see succeed with us, and I hope it's not just BS so another prospective coach sees it, likes his attitude, and snaps him up.

If you were coaching. Would you consider him on the bench? Can play any position except 1 6 7 9... or is there simply no room?

If you were coaching. Would you consider him on the bench? Can play any position except 1 6 7 9... or is there simply no room?

It'd be an interesting experiment using him as part of the prop/2nd rower rotation. At least if he drops balls they won't be over the line at either end of the field. Won't have to contest bombs etc. With Dodds out, I'd have him ahead of Molo, Stagg, Lowrie, Shitchurch etc.

Garbutt is still an unknown quantity so I don't know whether he should get a spot ahead of Vidot (in this scenario) as we know that Vidot is essentially a forward playing out wide and so far has made way better hit ups than Mitch. He'll only have one job as a forward in attack. Dunno how his defence is but at least he'll have other guys around him and any mistakes won't be SO obvious and/or costly. 'Forward fitness' could be a thing as well, but I'd imagine he'd get maybe 20mins or so? Perhaps 30 at the very very most

I wouldn't be against it tbh

Has this thread always been called "..granted a release"? After seeing the passion he played with on the weekend, then seeing that thread title, my heart just sank. Thought he was a goner. That article makes me feel a whole lot better. He's definitely one player that I'd like to see succeed with us, and I hope it's not just BS so another prospective coach sees it, likes his attitude, and snaps him up.

I like the guy and there's a good player in him, but the cynical part of me wonders how much of this is love of the club, and how much is being very short on guaranteed NRL options that he's now begging to stay. I sincerely hope it's 100% the first bit

Have thought for a while that his future lies in the 2nd row. Only problem is we have that position fairly well covered.

I believe we changed it around the time he nearly moved to Souths.

Have thought for a while that his future lies in the 2nd row. Only problem is we have that position fairly well covered.

It's rare I disagree with you so don't make me sleep on the couch. But I think he's wasted in the forwards. Same reason I love Idris in the centres. In the forwards they're just another big body running at more big bodies. Nothing special. In the centres though they have the opportunity to outmuscle, or even simply skittle, their opposite. There are still small centres out there that if you can contain them defensively, yet overpower them in sheer strength, it can be a huge benefit. Moreso on the wing where you can get one-on-one (or one-on-three as Vidot proved). Sure there are opportunities to try to get a back-rower one-on-one with an opposition half, but they're rarer and require far more manipulation. In the backs, you just need a quick spread or fast PTB.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.