Daniel Vidot discussion

Re: Should Daniel Vidot Be In The First Grade Side?

If I were to be a smartarse I'd say that Bennett is a genius and getting Vidot as many minutes trialling as prop so that he can come in to the NRL side and take the runs that Blair won't make. But I won't, because it's fanciful and we already heard that the prop thing was instigated by the Walker brothers.

He hasn't played that much in the front row- he's started from the bench both weeks, started at front row and then been moved to wing due to injuries.

He is not in the top two wingers in this squad and moving forward he is not good enough to be playing first grade for the Broncos if we wish to improve in the coming years. Let him play for someone else. I hope to see him released before June 30 and i think it may be a chance
I rate Boyd and Kahu as better in this squad

please but Maranta is, Hell I was even concerned that he would find a way to bomb the try he scored on the weekend ...

besides we all know Boyd will be fullback on his return. I think Kahu could be a good long term winger for us, once he gets some consistency in the position.

I'm not saying Vidot is a gun by any means, and i perfectly fine looking around for a replacement, but until we find one he is one of our best options.

so taking into account that Boyd will be fullback when he returns, at full strength our best backline IMO would be:

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt

if Gagai come next year he would take Vidot's spot (or play center with Copley wing)

I don't have a dog in this fight re Vidot. But there seemed to be a theory floating around that Bennett was giving players a crack in first grade to see if they could cut it (see Whitchurch). If so, unless his cards have been marked by Bennett already, shouldn't this also apply to Vidot, that he should be given an opportunity as well. We have seen what Maranta can do in the first two games, if Vidot comes in an justifies his place keep him. If he doesn't at least he has had his chance.

He hasn't played that much in the front row- he's started from the bench both weeks, started at front row and then been moved to wing due to injuries.

So deflated that my theory has been shot down. It was Ricky Stuart clever.

I don't have a dog in this fight re Vidot. But there seemed to be a theory floating around that Bennett was giving players a crack in first grade to see if they could cut it (see Whitchurch). If so, unless his cards have been marked by Bennett already, shouldn't this also apply to Vidot, that he should be given an opportunity as well. We have seen what Maranta can do in the first two games, if Vidot comes in an justifies his place keep him. If he doesn't at least he has had his chance.

I'll accept responsibility for that suggestion and all the ridicule it has and will bring. But if it's even close to the mark, I hope Vidot was already part of Bennett's plans (but made to work on some aspects), or was maybe earmarked for a Whitchurch role in round 2. With the suspension of Gavet, however, and the failed Parker to Hooker experiment, putting a utility back/forward in an experimental role on the bench with a bench hooker and rookie prop would not have been smart. I don't know, maybe it's false hope that Vidot won't get Kemped, maybe there are reasons that Bennett has blacklined Vidot that we'll never know, or maybe Bennett just doesn't rate him. But I hope he gets a shot, and have simply theorised a possible reason as to why it still could happen.

please but Maranta is, Hell I was even concerned that he would find a way to bomb the try he scored on the weekend ...

besides we all know Boyd will be fullback on his return. I think Kahu could be a good long term winger for us, once he gets some consistency in the position.

I'm not saying Vidot is a gun by any means, and i perfectly fine looking around for a replacement, but until we find one he is one of our best options.

so taking into account that Boyd will be fullback when he returns, at full strength our best backline IMO would be:

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt

if Gagai come next year he would take Vidot's spot (or play center with Copley wing)

I am really sick of you making shit up about everybodies posts. I at no stage said Maranta was in our top two wingers so forget your bloody crappy agendas and read what is put in front of you

Woah, chill pill everyone!

My question is: if Oates well... continues to carve up in the backs, and Kahu similarly (I thought he was excellent last week) what happens to Vidot (and Maranta) ... or worse still ... Oates, and Kahu when Boyd returns?

I'd take Kahu or Oates over Vidot (or Maranta) any day for a wing spot given current form continues.

When Vidot can outrun and outstep Kahu, or Oates, and show Oates's skills out wide, then he's a prop playing wing for mine and we have better wingers on offer than him.

Last edited:

Sorry but my post said nothing about Maranta and yet Foordy somehow read into it that it was about Maranta when i had written in the post who i thought the best two wingers were in the squad

My question is: if Oates well... continues to carve up in the backs, and Kahu similarly (I thought he was excellent last week) what happens to Vidot (and Maranta) ... or worse still ... Oates, and Kahu when Boyd returns?

I'd take Kahu or Oates over Vidot (or Maranta) any day for a wing spot given current form continues.

I agree
Vidot should be gone and Maranta playing ISC as a depth winger only IMO

I say we bite the bullet and make the most of these players for this year. But come off-season we fight till death to get Gagai and Sione Matauita. He's a player of the future.
Imagine that

1. Boyd
2. Copley
3. Hodges
4. Gagai
5. Matautia
6. Milf
7. Hunt

Might be more chance of getting Mamo than Sione

We can't get Sione at all (at least for the next 3 years) ... Since he has signed with the Bulldogs, he can either go to them or use the round 13 rule to backflip and stay with the Knights. no one else can sign him

Okay than Mamo will do just fine than :)

I'd take Maranta over Vidot. They both struggle with finishing off tries - to argue who is worse is ridiculous. A bombed try is a bombed try no matter how you look at it. To argue who bombed more tries is equally ridiculous, imo. They both have issues in that aspect of the game.

Maranta has a safer pair of hands and better positional play so I wasn't surprised he got the nod.

If Bennett hadn't bolstered our forward pack I would absolutely have Vidot in the team. The haven't really set the world on fire yet but I'm prepared to give them a few more weeks.

Is Oates considered a winger now? If so, he is absolutely first choice and I would be happy with a centre pairing of Oates and Gagai post Hodges.

Vidot being in reserve grade because he needs to work on stuff and playing Maranta in his place is like putting Hunt in QLD Cup to work on stuff and playing Zach Strasser or something in the meantime.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.