Daniel Vidot discussion

Re: Should Daniel Vidot Be In The First Grade Side?

Am I the only one who actually rates Maranta? There are signs there with him and h improves every game.

We can't get Sione at all (at least for the next 3 years) ... Since he has signed with the Bulldogs, he can either go to them or use the round 13 rule to backflip and stay with the Knights. no one else can sign him
Is this confirmed? I must've missed it.

Am I the only one who actually rates Maranta? There are signs there with him and h improves every game.

I like him (actually mostly feel sorry for him), like him more than Vidot actually. But I want what's best for our side, and Vidot just brings more.

One of these days, Maranta will get a hat trick and there will be no looking back.

Vidot is not named for Ipswich this round. Would have him any day over Maranta.

Maranta runs like a deer in headlights. As soon as they touch his legs he falls down. The only thing he has an advantage over vidot on is taking the high ball. But we haven't really been tested with that yet. The thing we really need work on is making more meters and our best meter eater last year was vidot. I think we'd be a lot better team with Dan in there. Maranta should be playing local league in ipswich

Maranta runs like a deer in headlights. As soon as they touch his legs he falls down. The only thing he has an advantage over vidot on is taking the high ball. But we haven't really been tested with that yet. The thing we really need work on is making more meters and our best meter eater last year was vidot. I think we'd be a lot better team with Dan in there. Maranta should be playing local league in ipswich

Again mate, you make a lot of sense - but my point has always been if the best thing about your first choice winger is that he hits it up pretty well - then you're team is in trouble.

Stopping tries is just as important as saving them and Maranta has shown he's a safety first player.

Vidot is not named for Ipswich this round. Would have him any day over Maranta.

Hasn't been named either of the past two weeks. Dare say he'll turn out for them.

Haven't seen a great deal of football lately, but people mention Vidot's errors, and yet Maranta holds down a wing spot? He is a featherweight and can't finish. At least Vidot brings some impact when he runs the ball.

Based on everything I've seen...Daniel Vidot should be lining up for the Broncos on Friday and it should be his third game of the year.

However if you asked me about the Knights backline, I would have told you that Sione Mata'utia should have started over Uate.

Point is, there is something I haven't seen and at this point I'm willing to give Wayne Bennett the benefit of the doubt.

Despite what fans say on social media, this is not the crime of the century. Daniel Vidot can be a very unreliable player and I'd question whether his future is really in the backs. Where as Lachlan Maranta...his only hope is to continue playing in the backs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sold on Lachlan Maranta either. However, I don't think Wayne is either but he sees more long term in him and by granting him this opportunity to perform Lachy has been faced with a proverbial bomb that will well and truly define his future at the club. Bennett has admitted as much, revealing his intentions at the Season Launch dinner and as a fan of the club I hope he succeeds even though I don't think he has it in him.

One player who I hope gets a look in is Jordan Drew from the Under 20s. Jordan is a quality young player who isn't afraid to put his body on the line and his foot-work is some of the best in the NYC. He was in the frame last year but for one reason or another hasn't been apart of Bennett's plans and I hope that changes.

Based on everything I've seen...Daniel Vidot should be lining up for the Broncos on Friday and it should be his third game of the year.

However if you asked me about the Knights backline, I would have told you that Sione Mata'utia should have started over Uate.

Point is, there is something I haven't seen and at this point I'm willing to give Wayne Bennett the benefit of the doubt.

Despite what fans say on social media, this is not the crime of the century. Daniel Vidot can be a very unreliable player and I'd question whether his future is really in the backs. Where as Lachlan Maranta...his only hope is to continue playing in the backs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sold on Lachlan Maranta either. However, I don't think Wayne is either but he sees more long term in him and by granting him this opportunity to perform Lachy has been faced with a proverbial bomb that will well and truly define his future at the club. Bennett has admitted as much, revealing his intentions at the Season Launch dinner and as a fan of the club I hope he succeeds even though I don't think he has it in him.

One player who I hope gets a look in is Jordan Drew from the Under 20s. Jordan is a quality young player who isn't afraid to put his body on the line and his foot-work is some of the best in the NYC. He was in the frame last year but for one reason or another hasn't been apart of Bennett's plans and I hope that changes.

For mine, the Vidot of last year ought to be trained in the art of prop play (along with Blair) and eventually start off the bench as an impact forward.

Alternatively, he could gain a bit more speed and he'd be good on the wing.

Bennett doesn't do things without thinking them through as far as focusing on individual players and their strengths and weakness, which incidentally, is why I think Blair will come good on Friday, and why Vidot is not in the starting 17. I wonder what Bennett's strategy is with Vidot?

You mention Jordan Drew. Sounds good. At the same time, the player who is really starting to impress me though is Kahu. He looks to have regained decent speed and I really think his footwork and swerve are first rate and we will see a lot more of him as he regains confidence and experience.

I'd rather see him on the wing over Vidot or Maranta anytime when Boyd returns. For mine, Kahu has class written all over him.

Last edited:

You're preaching to the choir here rna. I was thrown over the coals for suggesting that Kahu, Gagai & Copley were better long term prospects than 'Test Player' Jack Reed.

He's got faults JK, but the one thing I like about him is that he knows his way to the try line and can do some amazing things close to the line.

Browny to confirm.

Re: Is Lachlan Maranta Really That Bad?

Just quietly I think it's a joke that Vidot plays the role he does at the Jets.

How is he supposed to get better as a winger if he's playing as a prop? It's the most ass-backwards approach I've seen and while he may have fun I don't think he's getting the help he needs.

Just quietly I think it's a joke that Vidot plays the role he does at the Jets.

How is he supposed to get better as a winger if he's playing as a prop? It's the most ass-backwards approach I've seen and while he may have fun I don't think he's getting the help he needs.

Perhaps he's not there to become a better winger. Maybe he's playing with the goal to become a better prop?

Perhaps he's not there to become a better winger. Maybe he's playing with the goal to become a better prop?
Nothing I've read suggests that is the case, and even if it is it doesn't make much sense given the lack of depth out wide.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.