Daniel Vidot discussion

Re: Is Lachlan Maranta Really That Bad?

No. You're wrong, again.

I'm saying that you can't throw around baseless accusations, and make out that you know you are right.

What's this evidence you're talking about? Just that he lost weight in the off-season? That's hardly evidence mate. Come back to me when you've got something of substance that actually shows us that Bennett doesn't like the kid. Then you can make out that you no more than everyone else.

After years of observing you, I know how you argue your point, and this response here if your typical response of defeat. We've seen it all too many times.

So lets agree to disagree. Which is not really the correct term, because I don't disagree with what you're trying to say, I disagree with the way you are saying it as fact, and you are latching onto ONE reported fact. To me, all it looks like is you using this to inflate your Bennett hate.

Welcome back, BTW. Good to see you around again.
Defeat? Not at all.

Everything points to Bennett not liking him. No game time despite reed sucking the big one in all 3 games, maranta being maranta, and Copley being injured. Lost a huge amount of weight which shows he really put in in the offseason training. Ffs even whitchurch got a go! Everyone knew he was shit, said he was shit, he was shit, and he still got 1 more game than vidot has so far.

Bennett does this. Hes done it before, he'll do it again. Went to Newcastle and got rid of a bunch of super talented guys or just dropped them until they left without even giving them a chance, so he could bring in his old faithfuls. Did it again with barba undeniably. Flat out refused to even give him a chance. It's round 4 and vidot still hasn't seen a minute of game time while nuffy after nuffy have. Put 2 and 2 together.

Last edited:

Defeat? Not at all.

Everything points to Bennett not liking him. No game time despite reed sucking the big one in all 3 games, maranta being maranta, and Copley being injured. Lost a huge amount of weight which shows he really put in in the offseason training. Ffs even whitchurch got a go! Everyone knew he was shit, said he was shit, he was shit, and he still got 1 more game than vidot has so far.

Bennett does this. Hes done it before, he'll do it again. Went to Newcastle and got rid of a bunch of super talented guys or just dropped them until they left without even giving them a chance, so he could bring in his old faithfuls. Did it again with barba undeniably. Flat out refused to even give him a chance. It's round 4 and vidot still hasn't seen a minute of game time while nuffy after nuffy have. Put 2 and 2 together.

I've already covered this, with this quote:

I don't care if he was the most consistent player last year. You don't know what's happened in the off-season, maybe he and Bennett had a spat about his position in the team, maybe he's a lazy trainer, maybe he showed up drunk, etc.

So we've worked out that he isn't a lazy trainer. There are so many other things he could have done, IF Bennett doesn't like him. Maybe Maranta trained harder, and showed more determination?

That's the point. You don't know and I don't know.

The problem I have, AP, is that you are trying to use this to argue the point that Bennett is making another incorrect decision. Yet, you fail to take the point that you have absolutely no idea about why Bennett won't play him, and why he's done similar things at other clubs.

Stop trying to argue that you are correct about this, because you simply have no idea! It would be like me arguing that Bennett loves Daffodils, because I simply have no idea.

Re: Should Daniel Vidot Be In The First Grade Side?

Besides Boyd obviously, can you point me in the direction of any old faithfuls here?

We've won our last 2 games, why would he change that unless forced? I think it's highly possible that Bennett doesn't rate him as a winger, but you're implying it's personal. If Vidot was playing winger for the Jets than I'd be more inclined to accept what you're saying, but he's not.....he's playing prop. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bennett has said to the Walkers "Play him anywhere but wing, I want to see what else he has to offer".

Bennett does like a daffodil FYI.

I don't know about that Harry.

Vidot played in the forwards last year for the Walkers.

I just think it's him playing under a different rule book that isn't compatible with ours.

Here's a thought ...

If people are mainly worried about Vidot under the high ball. Why not drop Reed (who has been useless for us) and play Vidot in the centers, where ability under the high ball is less of an issue.

I remember him playing center for the Dragons a few times, in fact, he did against us once and played really well, scoring a couple of tries and giving us headaches all night.

I don't know about that Harry.

Vidot played in the forwards last year for the Walkers.

I just think it's him playing under a different rule book that isn't compatible with ours.

Fair cop, I'd forgotten about that. I literally thought it was only once though. Still disproves my theory however so....carry on.

Here's a thought ...

If people are mainly worried about Vidot under the high ball. Why not drop Reed (who has been useless for us) and play Vidot in the centers, where ability under the high ball is less of an issue.

I remember him playing center for the Dragons a few times, in fact, he did against us once and played really well, scoring a couple of tries and giving us headaches all night.

I'd like to know what happened to him actually. There was a period there where he was in competition for an Origin spot with Yow Yeh and it was a fairly tight race from memory.

I'd like to know what happened to him actually. There was a period there where he was in competition for an Origin spot with Yow Yeh and it was a fairly tight race from memory.

It was a tight race until Yow Yeh put on the after burners and left him in his dust ...

Now i'm sad

People need to stop talking about Yow Yeh.

It's making me very depressed.

1427256291.jpg

True, but then you go completely the other way with Maranta ....

The whole, but he's great under the high ball argument ... But is arguably the worst attacking winger on the NRL. When IMO, a wingers main job is still scoring tries)

FTR, i think the club needs better wingers that either Vidot or Maranta. Kahu will be a good start (when Boyd returns at least, that kid has talent ... And we are only just seeing him scratch the surface of thst talent. )
I don't love maranta either. I want him & reed gone gone gone. But this thread was about vidot, and I'm annoyed that people carry on like he's some kind of Sione Matautia future superstars type being left out of the side when he's not. He's rubbish. 1 down, 2 to go.
I want someone FAST, remember when we had fast wingers. Dell, Hancock, Tuqiri., carne....Our current crop aren't fit to wipe their boots.

Lol now vidot is rubbish. Everyone loved him last year, change of coach and now we all hate him.

Lol now vidot is rubbish. Everyone loved him last year, change of coach and now we all hate him.

No one has said he is rubbish. People have said he has things to work on, but at the same time your assertion that he is a superstar is ridiculous

Of course. How foolish of me.

Read the very last post before mine guys.....

Active Now

• Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.