Darius Anointed As New Leader

He was quite humorous and smiling, I thought it was a good interview

The take-away from that was in his own words "daunting" and he is relying on 4 other players to be there to help him Captain.
Those are not the words of a leader, they are the words of someone who is uncomfortable in the role that has been thrust upon him.

giphy.gif

The take-away from that was in his own words "daunting" and he is relying on 4 other players to be there to help him Captain.
Those are not the words of a leader, they are the words of someone who is uncomfortable in the role that has been thrust upon him.
How would you find the job of captaining the mighty Brisbane Broncos?
I doubt you could find any rugby league player not thinking it would be daunting, unless they had the highest self-esteem of an human ever. Which in turn probably makes them a cocky *******

If someone showed you the transcripts of that interview and the one post-origin a few years ago, there's no way in hell you would believe they were the same person.

I feel the same.

Do you think JT and Smith do it all on their own and don't have help from anyone?

I'll give you a hint, the answer is no.

Every captain has help and uses it. Each team has leadership groups.

Thought he did well, and he'll get used to it all.
Never be as rambunctious as Thaiday lol.

Humility my friend.
Its something you would do well to Google.

Do you think JT and Smith do it all on their own and don't have help from anyone?
They of course discuss things with the other senior players but JT and Smith could do it all on their own if the had to, or wanted to, they are not just both great players, they are both natural leaders, Darius is not a natural born leader.

Humility my friend.
Its something you would do well to Google.
I never said he wasn't humble or came across as arrogant, my inference was that he was not comfortable with the role being given to him and would prefer not to be doing the job.

Let's hope I am proved wrong and he stands up and does a cracking job as Captain, I will be the first to eat my words and accept all criticism and ridicule directed at me , but until I actually see that throughout the season, then my opinion stands.

I was at the Broncos launch last night and I have to say, Darius presented himself brilliantly. He was full of confidence on stage and handled the spotlight well. He was even funny at times. Good signs.

They of course discuss things with the other senior players but JT and Smith could do it all on their own if the had to, or wanted to, they are not just both great players, they are both natural leaders, Darius is not a natural born leader.

I never said he wasn't humble or came across as arrogant, my inference was that he was not comfortable with the role being given to him and would prefer not to be doing the job.

Let's hope I am proved wrong and he stands up and does a cracking job as Captain, I will be the first to eat my words and accept all criticism and ridicule directed at me , but until I actually see that throughout the season, then my opinion stands.
Neither of them have ever done anything on their own. Smith has had Cronk and Slater his whole career and Thurston did sweet **** all until the Cowboys actually had a good team around him.

Far be it for me to give your words any credibility because they have none but let me just direct you to Lockyer when he started captaincy and how he didn't handle it.

"I came back from that tour full of myself, thinking I was the Australian captain and I had just whitewashed an Ashes series," Lockyer said.
"I was going out too much and having fun with the boys a bit too much.
"I got handed the Australian captaincy before I was the Broncos captain and before I was the Queensland captain.
"Then I became captain of the Queensland Origin team in 2004, and in that period I certainly wasn't focused enough on my footy.
"I went from being a player in those rep teams to being the Australian captain and the Queensland captain in the one year.
"It crept up on me and there were a few years there where I didn't handle it at all well.
"It all went to my head."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/a24408ad2c92ce2bd994fcec67b465ca

"There was only one time after he left home that we felt the need to ring Wayne and speak to him about what Darren was getting himself caught up in," she said.
"That was when we felt his betting on the horses was getting a bit out of control."
Sharon said she also rang her son's player agent George Mimis, who then flew from Sydney to Brisbane to talk to him.
"We just felt a bit helpless being so far away," she says.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...m/news-story/6cee44d0daa6c938a99d3114c92166bd

Just highlighting that other players/captains have had issues and grown into the role and learnt to be captains. Wally hid mental problems for 30 years. Boyd's past problems don't exclude him from learning the role.

Neither of them have ever done anything on their own. Smith has had Cronk and Slater his whole career and Thurston did sweet **** all until the Cowboys actually had a good team around him.

Cronk made his debut two years after Smith and Smith was already the Queensland hooker, Cronk didn't take off till 2006. That's four years difference.

Thurston was outstanding in the '05 final series and should have got CC medal in a losing side in the GF.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.