Darius Anointed As New Leader

It is great to see that you personally value your opinion so highly that it transforms from a subjective, judgmental and misinformed assessment to immutable truth. I cannot wait for your further pontifications to enlighten and amaze us all.
I see you are trying to use group mentality by using the "enlighten and amaze us all" as though you speak for everyone. I post my thoughts, as myself and I would hope you only speak for yourself as well. Instead of trying to bait me into an argument how about just either agreeing or disagreeing with me and stating your reasons why. No need to try and make it person champ.

I cried at the birth of my children

Clearly not father material

No mental toughness :(
But if your kids had a crisis or were under pressure you would not cry, you would be there for them and be solid as a rock. Bad analogy.

Boyd's performances are all that matter, and given that he knew for sometime he would be captain, and was awesome last year, I think he'll improve as captain.

Which would you prefer to go on as an indication, jd123, on field form or press conferences (Boyd's specialty of course)?

So Broncos are undergoing a crisis @jd123

Boyd's performances are all that matter, and given that he knew for sometime he would be captain, and was awesome last year, I think he'll improve as captain.

Which would you prefer to go on as an indication, jd123, on field form or press conferences (Boyd's specialty of course)?

In fact, one of the reasons Boyd was brought back to the club was to be a leader.

A leader of the club, a leader to Hunt and Milford.. He has been a leader since he came back to the club and has been rewarded by given the captaincy. He has been in some high pressure situations since he came back, situations that would have tested his mental toughness, and he came out the other end an even better player and person.

All this talk that Boyd will not handle it is just rubbish.

Because Roberts was our best player in 2016 and is in a better mental state than Boyd.

I wasn't sure if he was serious...

and that was before the latest incident as well.

My pick for captain would've been Aaron Rockley

He said earlier in the thread that he would go with James Roberts.

Ah yes I remember this. He reckons it would calm him down. Sort of a reward for bad behaviour. Pull some ones hair in a pub, get the C on your arm band for next year.

He is mentally not stable enough for the job. He broke down at the press conference, how is he going to handle big games as the leader?
He won't be Captain by the end of the year, if things don't go his way he will have a meltdown again.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...eaks-down-as-hes-named-broncos-captain/#page1

I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind actually.

Boyd will never be 100% comfortable in the media spotlight, you can just see it in his eyes and mannerisms. And I'm not having a dig at the guy. I run a business and I will never be 100% comfortable even just talking with my customers lol.

One wouldn't normally think it would be the big games that Boyd will struggle with as they are his bread and butter usually. But all the attention from the media may put him off. Then as you say it could affect his on field performances, then the pressure from the media escalates over his performances, and then the whole thing starts to snowball and Darius may have a real tough time of it.

I am a big fan of Darius Boyd for sure, and I like the way he is obliviously chuffed to have the captaincy.

Fingers crossed for him.

Boyd will never be 100% comfortable in the media spotlight, you can just see it in his eyes and mannerisms. And I'm not having a dig at the guy. I run a business and I will never be 100% comfortable even just talking with my customers lol.

One wouldn't normally think it would be the big games that Boyd will struggle with as they are his bread and butter usually. But all the attention from the media may put him off. Then as you say it could affect his on field performances, then the pressure from the media escalates over his performances, and then the whole thing starts to snowball and Darius may have a real tough time of it.

I am a big fan of Darius Boyd for sure, and I like the way he is obliviously chuffed to have the captaincy.

Fingers crossed for him.

We should have 2 captains. Darius Boyd: on field captain. Sam Thiaday: media captain. Just jokes fellas. :notevensayingit:

Fingers crossed for him.

He has handled media responsibilities and media pressure very well since he has come back to the club.

I don't think it's an issue for him.

He has handled media responsibilities and media pressure very well since he has come back to the club.

I don't think it's an issue for him.

Yeah, he is doing very well and his on field performances cant be faulted. Last year he reminded me of a Darren Lockier/ Alan Langer trying to pull the whole team over the line. That is leadership in itself - inspiring others with the effort he puts in.

Fingers crossed for him.
Wow, you're the first person on this site to publicly agree with me.

Probably the last as well. :ninja:

But either way, lets hope the scenario does not take place and he handles the pressure well, but I can't see it happening.

He said earlier in the thread that he would go with James Roberts.
Correct.

Because Roberts was our best player in 2016 and is in a better mental state than Boyd.
A better mental state to be Captain, yes.

I wasn't sure if he was serious...
I was.
and that was before the latest incident as well.
Yes.

Ah yes I remember this. He reckons it would calm him down. Sort of a reward for bad behaviour. Pull some ones hair in a pub, get the C on your arm band for next year.
No I suggested it prior to that incident.
However had he been named as Captain prior, that incident probably wouldn't have happened.....

A better mental state to be Captain, yes.

However had he been named as Captain prior, that incident probably wouldn't have happened.....

Have you lost the plot? You're claiming that James Roberts is in a better mental state to deal with the pressures of being the captain of the Broncos over Darius Boyd, because why, Darius has a history of depression? Alcohol abuse is primarily a method of suppressing depression, you know that right? It's highly probable that Roberts is in a far worse mental state right now than Boyd was in at his worst point.

And to claim that Roberts would've suddenly been touched by god and rid of his alcoholism if we gave him the extra responsibility of being captain is pure rubbish.

Darius is the right man for the job, he's completely turned his life around since returning to the club, it's almost unbelievable how different he is compared to his last 12 months at the Knights where he would abuse the media or refuse to speak to them completely, now he's going on radio shows and doing interviews at will & openly discussing his past. Could you visualise Roberts going on Sterlo and doing a 15 minute interview candidly discussing his alcohol problems? I don't think so.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.