Darius Anointed As New Leader

Correct.

A better mental state to be Captain, yes.

I was.
Yes.

No I suggested it prior to that incident.
However had he been named as Captain prior, that incident probably wouldn't have happened.....

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but really.

Wow, you're the first person on this site to publicly agree with me.

Probably the last as well. :ninja:

But either way, lets hope the scenario does not take place and he handles the pressure well, but I can't see it happening.

I don't mean this to come across as offensive or anything, but you have made your point now so can you leave it please?

I happening to find what you are saying about mental health incredibly offensive and I think you have made your point now.

I cant believe everyone on here, old and new, are letting this poster just completely troll them.
Not worth the time guys.

Well if he is actually trolling I would assume the mods would do something about that. Until that time I can only assume the ignorant and offensive comments are his actually opinion and will treat it as such.

I cant believe everyone on here, old and new, are letting this poster just completely troll them.
Not worth the time guys.
His spelling, punctuation and general knowledge are much too proficient to be a troll. Just because he has differing opinions to the mainstream doesn't make him a troll. This page would be boring if not for posters offering out different angles on certain subjects.

Personally, the Jet has enough on his plate without the burden of captaincy. He doesn't come across as the leader type. But that's just my opinion which doesn't mean it's the correct one.

Wow, you're the first person on this site to publicly agree with me.

Probably the last as well. :ninja:

But either way, lets hope the scenario does not take place and he handles the pressure well, but I can't see it happening.
I'm curious, what does the JD in your username mean?

I see you are trying to use group mentality by using the "enlighten and amaze us all" as though you speak for everyone. I post my thoughts, as myself and I would hope you only speak for yourself as well. Instead of trying to bait me into an argument how about just either agreeing or disagreeing with me and stating your reasons why. No need to try and make it person champ.

But if your kids had a crisis or were under pressure you would not cry, you would be there for them and be solid as a rock. Bad analogy.

No, it's not a bad analogy at all, in fact it's spot on

Boyd was not under under pressure or in a crisis when he cried at the presser, he was overcome with emotion at the announcement of a wonderful event

When he is under pressure on the field or the team is in a crisis, we will see if he has what it takes then

Crying at the presser is no indication of a problem

It's an indication of passion, and that's exactly what I want in my captain

And to claim that Roberts would've suddenly been touched by god and rid of his alcoholism if we gave him the extra responsibility of being captain is pure rubbish.

Never said he would be touched by God but I did say that his latest incident probably would not have happened had he been made Captain.

Well if he is actually trolling I would assume the mods would do something about that. Until that time I can only assume the ignorant and offensive comments are his actually opinion and will treat it as such.
My comments are neither ignorant or offensive. I do not personally attack other posters, just post my opinion, if you disagree that's fine, I disagree with a lot of the other posters here but I don't think they are bad people just because they have differing opinions.

Just because he has differing opinions to the mainstream doesn't make him a troll. This page would be boring if not for posters offering out different angles on certain subjects.
Thanks for letting others know that it is okay to have a different opinion. :superhappythumbsup: Many here don't seem to like it if you do.

When he is under pressure on the field or the team is in a crisis, we will see if he has what it takes then
Yes, we will.

I don't mean this to come across as offensive or anything, but you have made your point now so can you leave it please?

I happening to find what you are saying about mental health incredibly offensive and I think you have made your point now.
Not sure why you would think speaking about Mental Health is offensive, it is a fact of life. No one wishes anyone they know or love to have it but a large percentage of the community has at some stage had to deal with it. The fact that the Darius suffered from it and came out of it the other side a better man is a good thing and a positive for others who may suffer.

But that being said, I won't put my head in the sand and pretend it never happened and that the potential for a re-lapse is now much greater that he has just had an enormous weight put on his shoulders, along with having to face the media, he and Wayne are both introverts and I think it is not going to go so welll as I have previously mentioned.

Some would say it will make no difference, introvert, extrovert doesn't matter......

I'm curious, what does the JD in your username mean?
It has no meaning, only my initials with 123.

that the potential for a re-lapse is now much greater that he has just had an enormous weight put on his shoulders

but you seem to think that the enormous pressure wouldn't affect a person with alcohol issues.

but you seem to think that the enormous pressure wouldn't affect a person with alcohol issues.
I see your point, but getting on the drink and doing something stupid and having difficulties coping with everyday life and everyday situations (depression) are two different things.

If you go back to the days before every players movement or public outing was captured by a phone and or posted on Facebook, you would find a lot of the former players "misbehaved" on the drink including Captains and Rep players, probably Rep players more so.

They are two different things.

But the point is moot now anyway as the decision has been made, let's see how he goes as Captain and if Jimmy can clean himself up and make headlines for the right reasons instead of the wrong ones.

Roberts is constantly having problems with alcohol because he has an addiction.

During the 2016 season, he had a very hard time coping with the issues in his everyday life off the field and as a result it affected his performances on the field and his answer was to get on the alcohol and get in trouble.. Again.

But somehow getting the captaincy would make him better despite his troubles off the field, but not Boyd.

It doesn't make much sense.

Besides, if you've kept up to date with Boyd's progress, you would see he has had to face some very tough situations since getting help. Situations that could have easily resulted in him relapsing, but it didn't.

Why is this same discussion in two different threads?

If James Roberts should be Captain I should be a staff member

Boyd owes us and the media nothing. We will do fine as long as the players are behind him.

Active Now

• Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.