RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

I'd be giving Milf a chance at the captaincy but only at 5/8th. He has played ~170 NRL games now and he is our main man for better or worse, he is also on the field for the full 80 which call me old school but i believe helps as captain.

Its a bit of a sink or swim moment for him as well, show that he wants to be here and is willing to earn his wage with the responsibility of guiding the team around without the choice of being able to step back and let someone else.
No way would I put captaincy near milf. He's too inconsistent. The obvious choice is Glenn. He's done it before and is an outstanding club man. Gillet looks like he has the job and if fit and in form is fine, but for mine Glenn is consistent on and off the field. We need a leader in the backs and maybe milf can fill that role.

From Brent Read's twitter:

"Brisbane Broncos board have called for surgical review of club’s season and outline of plans to turn things around ahead of board meeting on Friday. Coach Anthony Seibold will be given carte blanche to do what he has to do. Full story in @aus_sport tomorrow"

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to read everyone's comments on the captaincy issue.

This is a real dilemma for this club that there is not an obvious choice.
Leadership has actually been an issue for us even before the return of Bennett.
Then the retirements of Hodges, Parker, Thaiday made that hole even greater.

Yes, there are some great up and coming leaders in the next generation with the likes of Carrigan and Fifita, but right now IMO out of the current squad I can't see strong experienced leaders who can do that job.

Lodge as captain.
Just can't accept a guy who goes to America gets blind drunk. Beats the shit out of someone. Gets sued. Has anger issues which you c a an see on field. And people w as by him as captain..... Get fucked

Move on.

Lodge as captain.
Just can't accept a guy who goes to America gets blind drunk. Beats the shit out of someone. Gets sued. Has anger issues which you c a an see on field. And people w as by him as captain..... Get fucked
He didn't beat the shit out of anyone, he swung a few drunken punches that did nothing. Exaggerate much? At least he gives a ****, which is more then you can say for most.

From Brent Read's twitter:

"Brisbane Broncos board have called for surgical review of club’s season and outline of plans to turn things around ahead of board meeting on Friday. Coach Anthony Seibold will be given carte blanche to do what he has to do. Full story in @aus_sport tomorrow"

So Shibasaki run on centre and captain first choice made and moving Boyd back to fullback.

No one strikes me as captain material yet, so maybe going with a leadership group is not a bad idea. Have a core group of players, challenge them to be consistently good and maybe pick the best of the lot for 2021. Might get some of our players to improve on the little things - Lodge and Ofa to stop being so loose with errors and penalties, Carrigan to push for being a quality starter rather than a solid bench player, Fifita to develop his allround game more, Haas to...keep being Haas?

Last edited:
Bird, Lodge, or Carrigan are the only choices imo. You need a bloke who’s starting (Carrigan should be after an off season, he’s better than Offa), has a strong character, and isn’t dumb as lamp post.

Lodge then.

Lockyer you absolute cretin for suggesting Gillett should be the next captain. He is a shadow of his former self and big questions should be raised about his place in the team. Why the **** make him captain! Locky, seriously dude, you should be looking in the mirror yourself son and the part you've played in this whole mess!

Club great. Bmbit of resect please

Lodge - the bloke who terrorised a family in a drunken rampage, you’d like to be named the captain of the most prestigious club in the game?????

You guys can’t be fucking serious, The bloke is deadset lucky that he’s been allowed back onto a football field.

Lodge - the bloke who terrorised a family in a drunken rampage, you’d like to be named the captain of the most prestigious club in the game?????

You guys can’t be fucking serious, The bloke is deadset lucky that he’s been allowed back onto a football field.
So how long does a bloke have to pay for his sins?
I don't condone what he has done, but he obviously is trying to improve himself and be a better person.
I dont know a single person who hasnt fucked up in the past to some extent. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Seeing how many people have turned on Gillo, despite many of the things he’s being criticised for lately not being in his control, I’m gonna love when he’s named captain

So how long does a bloke have to pay for his sins?
I don't condone what he has done, but he obviously is trying to improve himself and be a better person.
I dont know a single person who hasnt fucked up in the past to some extent. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Lodge has his second chance in that he’s playing. Would be fucking diabolical from a PR standpoint to name him captain. We’d just be opening ourselves up to an enormous smear campaign.

Lodge as captain.

How long should it hang over his head? The **** literally has given everything he's got to our club since that, including the admission that what he did was fucked up.

Hope they make him captain, will piss everyone off, but he will still be the best option.

Lodge has his second chance in that he’s playing. Would be fucking diabolical from a PR standpoint to name him captain. We’d just be opening ourselves up to an enormous smear campaign.

Good. Let them fucking hate us again.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Porthoz
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.