Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

A760921E FF6A 4133 94FC A548AB9A6358

Can someone send this to Paul White and ask for a please explain?

This 1000%. Get these plodders out of the team and worry about the cap space later. Just put Turpin into 9, Milford into the halves and if we can't get Holmes just someone not named Darius Boyd into fullback. I will cop another bad year if these salary cap draining ***** are gone.

If playing reserve grade meets youe definition of gone then I think you will be right.

But who in their right mind would give up 800k a year because some ex players say its the right thing to do? I wouldnt.

He will be there sraining the cap for next year at least.
[automerge]1568849616[/automerge]
Yes, but even if he walks we don't necessarily get him off our salary cap do we?
[automerge]1568777027[/automerge]

It's still their current method.

We wrote the book on that method and now Politis owns us when it comes to it. Sad days indeed.

Last edited:
Yes, but even if he walks we don't necessarily get him off our salary cap do we?
[automerge]1568777027[/automerge]

It's still their current method.

We wrote the book on that method and now Politis owns us when it comes to it. Sad days indeed.

If we signed Chad Townsend, I'd be incredibly happy about that.

I rate him highly. Great kicking game, has high game management skills, has a great footy mind and will provide some leadership.

Townsend just cleaned up at Sharks EOY awards....sighting "leadership" during difficult times as injuries started to bite...interesting..

What have people on here said we are lacking..??

This guy could represent a quiet achiever type who lets his actions speak for him...

Plus last time i looked we actually had a kicking coach here too...

People seem to be missing the fact that the Sharks just lost Flanagan Jnr to the Roosters, so their potential Townsend replacement is now gone. Townsend's game is also critical to making their investment in Johnson work, just to throw another spanner in the works.

I'd think it was extremely unlikely that they'd be prepared to release him without having a proper replacement lined up.

So you don't want to win anything or for the club to move forward?

No, i just like seeing whiners whining 🤣
[automerge]1568853032[/automerge]
Cool, in the process we'll lose Fifita.

Doubt it.
[automerge]1568853185[/automerge]
Didn’t the signing of jack go along the lines of Wayne Bennett bumping into him somewhere and casually mentioning “come to the broncos”. I could be wrong

Could have been that what happened was @Foordy said. Thing is though, i still cant get my head around why people still think we didnt get a halfback because we signed Bird, when we were still chasing and making offers to Ash Taylor months after we signed Bird.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought Smokin Joe was adamant there would be "significant changes" and these would "happen quickly". Also, didn't he claim earlier this year Boyd and Macca had been spoken to and their futures were 'sorted'?

Looks like the same old shit next year and the same propaganda being fed to fans, such as to us here on BHQ, by 'those in the know'. Come on Joe, cut the crap, otherwise your legacy here will be looking more and more like DarryB at the broncos.
Hasn't even been a week mate .

No, i just like seeing whiners whining 🤣
[automerge]1568853032[/automerge]

Doubt it.
[automerge]1568853185[/automerge]

Could have been that what happened was @Foordy said. Thing is though, i still cant get my head around why people still think we didnt get a halfback because we signed Bird, when we were still chasing and making offers to Ash Taylor months after we signed Bird.

quite right, Neil Henry got the arse and then i think they threw silly money at Taylor...

The rest is history...but yeh we had Hunt off the bench playing hooker after Macca was injured and the club was absolutely lookign for a NRL standard half around that time...

Can someone explain this to me? How much we've lost? I assume it's bad.
It means the confidence in the Broncos has markedly dropped since they booted Wayne. Without going into analysis specific to the stock: as an investment, it's diverged from the underlying market trend, and returned negative gains. You would've been roughly better off by 35% investing in a market index (mix of blue chip shares). That's massive.

Last edited:
I don't get the current obsession with wanting Townsend.

What is it we want out of our halfback moving forward. The general consensus would appear to be:
- a kicking game to ease pressure on Milford
- game manager/game awareness to lead the team around and get them in the right positions... so Milford doesn't have to
- solid defence, but not the highest priority
- offer some sort of attacking pressure to ease the load on Milford

In terms of Chad's kicking game and game awareness I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

I had a look through the last 4 years of Chad's stats to see how many 40/20's he's kicked.

Why 40/20's??
To me a 40/20 represents the player's long kicking ability (execution and accuracy) and game awareness (identifying when the fullback is out of position or looking to change momentum for their own team).

Going back to 2015 (4 seasons and 100+ games) Chad has kicked 1 40/20 and that was rd 1 in 2015 when he was still with the warriors. That is garbage output from a guy who supposedly has an "excellent" long kicking game.

His long kicking game consists entirely of exactly the same as what we get from our current halves ie. Kicks to the corner.

In terms of easing attacking pressure I would say he does bugger all in that department as well. In recent times he's basically been the link man between Graham, Maloney, Johnson, Barba and Moylan. He rarely creates anything on his own.

At best he is an average middle of the ground halfback that doesn't really contribute anything more to the team that Dearden and O'Sullivan won't already provide. Except we'd be paying him about $600k a year for the pleasure to do so in Broncos colors for the next 3 years.

I think signing Townsend would be a massive massive mistake for us and won't solve any of our current issues.

no argument that he sucked this year in all facets of the game ... but that is completely different from not trying or not giving a shit

It's maybe not so much that he wasn't trying in the moments that I am talking about, more so that he was just mentally switching off. Which is pretty similar to not giving 100%. An argument could also be made that his confidence was affected. I suppose it's neither hear not there now, and hopefully the coach/club make an appropriate decision on our Captains future.

It means the confidence in the Broncos has markedly dropped since they booted Wayne. Without going into analysis specific to the stock: as an investment, it's diverged from the underlying market trend, and returned negative gains. You would've been roughly better off by 35% investing in a market index (mix of blue chip shares). That's massive.

That is all true.
Also means the broncos would have been a great short play.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.