NEWS Darius Boyd: Why I won’t be surrendering Broncos captaincy or No.1 jersey

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
We did not screw over Karmichael Hunt.

We made him a very good offer. We let go of players to keep him. He was taking his time deciding so we gave him a deadline because we had other players we needed to worry about.

He chose to go to the Suns.
It was Petero Civoniceva that Bruno screwed over causing a massive chain reaction of discontent with the fans.

Biggest mistake the Broncos made.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
It was Petero Civoniceva that Bruno screwed over causing a massive chain reaction of discontent with the fans.

I think the Izzy signing really fucked thing up for the future didn't they?

The Petero thing was fucking bullshit. Should have never happened to him.

Alec

International Rep

Yeah, I've posted about this a few times before too. I think letting him go cost us another premiership, we were crying for a good front rower after he left, and it got really desperate during the Henjak years where we were fucking over the moon about signing Shane friggin Tronc, who was rushed to play right after getting off the plane. And what was worse was that Petero actually got even better after he left, surpassing Webcke IMO.

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Great article Porthoz Porthoz

I found this discussion fascinating.

Kudos to @Cult3 for first considering the possibility that his form isn't too bad and kudos to Big Pete Big Pete for doing the leg work with some stats to back it up.

What if Boyd's form is pretty good? What if Seibold agrees?

It's fascinating because it shows what the fans see and what the players and the coach see.

It's sometimes markedly different.

In fact, I'm convinced if you got the fans to list the issues with the team and then get those internal in the club to do the same and then compared them (kinda like a Venn diagram) there'd be almost no overlap.

Wouldn't that be hilarious?

On another note, it's one thing to want players like Boyd and McCullough sacked/dropped etc but it's not going to happen.

I said Tallis bled for the jersey. Macca and Boyd are in that group as well. There's no way a coach with 4 games under his belt is dropping players who have racked up hundreds of games for us.

How do you drop players who have given it their all? What kind of culture and team spirit is that?

It's not happening, fellas and perhaps it shouldn't.

Rally Towel

NRL Player
Darius, you are fucking high. Don't be surprised by lack of commitment from your troops if that's the standard you set.

Wild Horse

QCup Player
Let's see how he plays tonight then aye?.. We'll all be watching the elephant in the room.

How about this for a scenario boys?: Boyd has an 'ABSOLUTE SHOCKER' tonight but the Broncos manage to somehow win. Seems like the only way Mr Undroppable would get demoted.

Anyway, am looking forward to the game tonight boys. I can''t help but be hopeful.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
He has now put the pressure on himself. Obviously he's seen the criticisms this week. This thread will fucking explode if he turns in another gutless performance. Likewise if he performs well it will be full of his defenders.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
PlayerTriesRunsMetresKick ReturnPost-ContactLBLBATATBPTB SpeedOffloadsPassesReceiptsKicksErrorsPenalties
Clinton Gutherson220205524215583.965116341131
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck2191955942422233.7761229322
Jahrome Hughes1171677838111173.417511230410
Charnze-Nicoll Klokstad2181656345100223.9355424010
James Tedesco3141544333511253.27753723150
Darius Boyd016138502611193.4402035611
Alex Johnston1151346728211113.72531025020
Michael Gordon0131327226200133.3801426040
Dylan Edwards1181264629100143.685010280113
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Eh close enough.

If an admin can show me how to get rid of those maroon fills it would be appreciated.

I've included every fullback that has played the opening four rounds in the position and ordered it by running metres. I'm not sure how well you can see it, but Boyd is the most involved fullback in the game with 35 receipts (just edging out Gutho).

Where he falls in comparison is tackle-breaks, line-breaks and tries. Other fullbacks have him covered, so he'll have to back himself like he did against Melbourne last year if he wishes to be more effective.

There's a couple of other graphs I want to post. Hopefully we can sort out the technical difficulties and I can get them to you.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
He has now put the pressure on himself. Obviously he's seen the criticisms this week. This thread will fucking explode if he turns in another gutless performance. Likewise if he performs well it will be full of his defenders.
If he puts in a good game, I think you'll see people say exactly that.

Edit: Porthoz Porthoz - Can you fix those tables? Do we know how? Stupid bloody things.

Last edited:

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Just saw a pre-match interview conducted by Andy Raymond on Fox with Darius. Highly emotional yet extremely defiant stance displayed by Boyd. He looks like he is on for a big game tonite. Again, very emotional yet with a look of determination in his eyes. Have gone into my SportBet account and put a large sum of money on him to win man of the match tonight based on the interview I just watched.

Edit: by large I mean $30.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Same old shit. If that's his best shot after a week of being slagged off he ought to give it away now. He will dead set be the laughing stock in years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising