NEWS Darius Boyd: Why I won’t be surrendering Broncos captaincy or No.1 jersey

Let's see how he plays tonight then aye?.. We'll all be watching the elephant in the room.

How about this for a scenario boys?: Boyd has an 'ABSOLUTE SHOCKER' tonight but the Broncos manage to somehow win. Seems like the only way Mr Undroppable would get demoted.

Anyway, am looking forward to the game tonight boys. I can''t help but be hopeful.

He has now put the pressure on himself. Obviously he's seen the criticisms this week. This thread will fucking explode if he turns in another gutless performance. Likewise if he performs well it will be full of his defenders.

PlayerTriesRunsMetresKick ReturnPost-ContactLBLBATATBPTB SpeedOffloadsPassesReceiptsKicksErrorsPenalties
Clinton Gutherson220205524215583.965116341131
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck2191955942422233.7761229322
Jahrome Hughes1171677838111173.417511230410
Charnze-Nicoll Klokstad2181656345100223.9355424010
James Tedesco3141544333511253.27753723150
Darius Boyd016138502611193.4402035611
Alex Johnston1151346728211113.72531025020
Michael Gordon0131327226200133.3801426040
Dylan Edwards1181264629100143.685010280113
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Eh close enough.

If an admin can show me how to get rid of those maroon fills it would be appreciated.

I've included every fullback that has played the opening four rounds in the position and ordered it by running metres. I'm not sure how well you can see it, but Boyd is the most involved fullback in the game with 35 receipts (just edging out Gutho).

Where he falls in comparison is tackle-breaks, line-breaks and tries. Other fullbacks have him covered, so he'll have to back himself like he did against Melbourne last year if he wishes to be more effective.

There's a couple of other graphs I want to post. Hopefully we can sort out the technical difficulties and I can get them to you.

He has now put the pressure on himself. Obviously he's seen the criticisms this week. This thread will fucking explode if he turns in another gutless performance. Likewise if he performs well it will be full of his defenders.

If he puts in a good game, I think you'll see people say exactly that.

Edit: @Porthoz - Can you fix those tables? Do we know how? Stupid bloody things.

Last edited:
If he puts in a good game, I think you'll see people say exactly that.

Edit: @Porthoz - Can you fix those tables? Do we know how? Stupid bloody things.

Sorry exactly what?

Just saw a pre-match interview conducted by Andy Raymond on Fox with Darius. Highly emotional yet extremely defiant stance displayed by Boyd. He looks like he is on for a big game tonite. Again, very emotional yet with a look of determination in his eyes. Have gone into my SportBet account and put a large sum of money on him to win man of the match tonight based on the interview I just watched.

Edit: by large I mean $30.

Last edited:
Yet another good defensive play by our captain...

Same old shit. If that's his best shot after a week of being slagged off he ought to give it away now. He will dead set be the laughing stock in years to come.

@Big Pete - hopefully this works a bit better visually.... great stats btw :)

HuxCXQY

Attachments

• DariusTheScaredCat.JPG
    DariusTheScaredCat.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 169
Gotta say it is a bit disheartening watching RTS have some massive try saving tackles on a fairly regular basis, and then watching Boyd slip over and fall for dummies.

@Big Pete - hopefully this works a bit better visually.... great stats btw :)

HuxCXQY

Statistics for a fullback are misleading even at the best of times. You are purely relying on data relevant to opposition teams strategy. Meters gained, passes etc can all be bumped up in one game because he was peppered all night.

Statistics unfortunately do not measure effort or positional play.

Statistics for a fullback are misleading even at the best of times. You are purely relying on data relevant to opposition teams strategy. Meters gained, passes etc can all be bumped up in one game because he was peppered all night.

Statistics unfortunately do not measure effort or positional play.

Beats conjecture though and does compare certain areas, especially the last field I added which I feel somewhat addresses your point.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.