Darren Lockyer's knee

It seems like you are just happy with how things are going?

I don't know why you wouldn't be happy. 3/4 wins, and two of them dominant performances. Loss to the Storm was expected IMO.

Coxy said:
I don't know why you wouldn't be happy. 3/4 wins, and two of them dominant performances. Loss to the Storm was expected IMO.

Didn't say I wasn't happy with it. I'm not happy that we have a good chance to blood some young players for furture roles within the club, and it's not being utilized

On Moon

How do people expect him to shine or improve at NRL level when he been shoved around in different positions, never getting a chance to settle into a position and most of the time gets very limited game time. Not many players can go into any position and do a Berrigan, I can't think of many, yet Moon is expected to do it and shine by far too many fans.

People can bring this up on me in the future, but I'm fairly confident in saying if we lose Moon he will shine at another club simply because he'll get the chance he deserves.

I look at how much Bennett has given guys like Perry and Seymour chances to shine. These guys get/got massive ammounts of game time and have done squat, Moon gets bugger all compared, if fact compared you might as well say Moon hasn't been given a shot at all. Perfect example if also Kemp, kills it in the QLD cup, hasn't put a foot wrong when given his chances, made a few mistakes, but then so do most first grade rookies, looks dangerous, yet we sign an out of form Frawley and shunt him straight into the side ahead of him last year, absolute bollucks.

As much as I admire Bennett as a coach, and respect what he has done for this club, I'm glad he is going, because now we might see the back of Perry, more of Moon, Kemp ect if they actually stick around. Unfortunately the damage with regards to some of our younger guys might already be done and we stand no chance of keeping them.

The jury is still out for me as far as Moon's concerned, but I will say this. If someone is good enough, surely they should at least show glimpses of how good they can be, regardless of the position they are played in, how many games they get, and how much game time they get??

Emma said:
The jury is still out for me as far as Moon's concerned, but I will say this. If someone is good enough, surely they should at least show glimpses of how good they can be, regardless of the position they are played in, how many games they get, and how much game time they get??

Not every player can play any position though, on that theory we should be able to put anyone at hooker and they should go alright, oh wait we tried that and it didn't work did it. How many quality utilities do we see in the comp? It's not like they are a dime a dozen, Berrigan was the best at it, sure you see guys like Marsh these days, but they are good for 2 or 3 positions at best, but they clearly have a favoured position.

Not saying that he has to be best on field whenever he gets the chance, but really, if he is a 5/8 and gets thrown in at centre or lock, surely he should be able to show something, just a glimpse even??

Emma said:
Not saying that he has to be best on field whenever he gets the chance, but really, if he is a 5/8 and gets thrown in at centre or lock, surely he should be able to show something, just a glimpse even??

He scored tries when at centre, bagged a double in one game, not easy run to the line tries either, a few of them he had to work for as well. Then got dropped. He looked decent in the trials as well this year, looked far better than Perry did, yet who keeps getting chances ahread of him? When Perry is on the bench we generally see him early, after 20 minutes or so most times, Moon we are lucky if we see him in the last 20 when he is selected. It takes an exceptional player to over come limited game time, getting shuffled from position to position and not knowing if your in the side week to week. It's very rare for a player to just burst on to the scene under those circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, not in any way, shape or form saying that Perry deserves a chance ahead of Moon, I just keep waiting for him to show signs that he is the player many believe he is and can be. Those moments have been too few and far between for mine. Just an opinion.

Emma said:
Don't get me wrong, not in any way, shape or form saying that Perry deserves a chance ahead of Moon, I just keep waiting for him to show signs that he is the player many believe he is and can be. Those moments have been too few and far between for mine. Just an opinion.

Few and far between. You just confirmed exactly what his chances have been.

Moon has never made me shine either.Been waiting for something to happen for so long [icon_shru Nothing.
So that is why we got 6Grand Finals and made the 8 so many times cos we have a coach who doesn't know which players are up to it and uses them wrongly. eusa_think
Maybe that is the reason the he is going ey!

Nashy said:
Emma said:

I am away of all of this. I just would have liked Moon to show a little bit more when given those chances for me to believe he is or can be the player that many people think. You may notice that I said the jury is still out for me - I haven't written him off as a never was, never will be. I'm just simply not sure.

Nashy said:
Emma said:

Bingo. The guy has been give such a little chance, for someone who we made sure to keep when the storm were chasing him, the chances he has been given are a joke. And it's not like he hasn't been playing well in the QLD cup, just like Kemp, what has he done wrong? Hopefully he becomes a regular now and not replaced in a week or two again for someone less talented like Frawley again.

Agree with most here, Moon hasn't been given the chance to play a match or most of a match where he belongs in the 6 jersey. I have said it before and will say it again, Bellamy is not stupid and obviously saw a lot of talent in him as a 6 or he wouldn't have tabled what Moon rejected for peanuts and a bench.

Kee said:
Moon has never made me shine either.Been waiting for something to happen for so long [icon_shru Nothing.
So that is why we got 6Grand Finals and made the 8 so many times cos we have a coach who doesn't know which players are up to it and uses them wrongly. eusa_think
Maybe that is the reason the he is going ey!

No one is saying Bennett doesn't know what he is doing, but it's obvious he has his favourites that seem to get chance after chance while more talented and superior players don't get much of a chance. How many mistakes did Frawley make last year and didn't get dropped? How long did we have to put up with Stuart Kelly? Brett Seymour? How long did it take Bennett to give Berrigan a shot at hooker, and look what happened in 06 when he finally did.

Bennett is not perfect and beyond critism just like anyone else.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Agree with most here, Moon hasn't been given the chance to play a match or most of a match where he belongs in the 6 jersey. I have said it before and will say it again, Bellamy is not stupid and obviously saw a lot of talent in him as a 6 or he wouldn't have tabled what Moon rejected for peanuts and a bench.
he barely gets that ahead of Perry

Darren Lockyer has ruled out playing against the Titans this week end to give his knee more time to heal to be ready for the May9th Test and the Origin series.
Foxsport News has just confirmed.

Good. He's not needed now, but he will be come finals time. I'd rather his knee get right.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.