Darren Lockyer's knee

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Listening to Wayne Bennett on ABC Grandstand today he seemed fairly concerned about Lockyer's knee. He said he's been in a fair amount of pain, apparently he had a cartilage cleanup aswell as the knee reconstruction.

I honestly don't know how they could consider him for Origin, he might be lucky to play another game before Origin starts

I know what your saying but your talking about Darren Lockyer. I would love for him not to play Origin but IMO if he wants to play they won't say no.

He should never have even considered a comeback before round 6. I have said that all along even before the season started.

Wally Lewis did say the other night that watching him train during the week that he was surprised that he was playing.
Then we listen to others talking and they are saying that it is more a mental thing. [icon_shru Would be not unusual.

Personally think he came back too soon if he pulled up sore after Penrith.He was okay there but shouldnt have played since for awhile.
I don't see if he has little game time how he could be chosen for Origin and he should put the Broncs first anyhow and say "NO".

He should never had played on Friday night IMO. We were always likely to lose with or without him out there so I didn't see the sense in risking him.

Yes I heard that "its just a mental thing" the other night but I seriously doubt a confidence issue with a knee makes you limp that much.
Hopefully it is the cartlidge that is sore and nothing to do with the ACL.

He needs to be rested for a few weeks, and shouldn't be putting an Origin jersey on this year.

If Bennett is so worried, he will re-enforce to Lockyer, that he's the coach, and when he says sit out, he wants to hear no complaining.

I also agree that Darren Lockyer has returned prematurely. My belief is that knee re-constructions are slow healing. A hurried return is fraught with danger . I thought last year that he would not be sighted until round 10 at best and admit to being stunned when he started the season !!

Having had left knee operations (torn lateral meniscus) I know that the knee is never 'better' than before and overwhelmingly less than 'good'.
I know DL has great recuperative powers but sprinting,stepping and jumping before the injury could have healed completely seems to be madness. True he convinced medical staff but how ???Perhaps the decision was his alone but I doubt I could be convinced of his readiness to return.

I for one hope he has a long rest, missing Origin completely( well served with Inglis and others) before returning, ready AND able to send the great man off with yet another premiership.

I'm feeling the same thing. There is no doubt we need Locky, but better to have him during the latter stages of the comp then losing him because he came back too early. If he misses Origin then so be it. I wouldn't want to see that, but if he continues to play before hes ready then he will miss more of the year then just Origin.

He definitely needs to take the next few weeks off, I would think its a week to week thing, the knee is bound to come good at some stage

Fox is reporting on their site today that he may be out for the next 2 weeks... [icon_non

The Rock said:
Like I said before the season started, he should have had the first month off. Every week counts for these sort of injuries and he's simply come back too early.

Now he's going to rush back so he can play origin, then screw his knee again and be out for most of the season for Brisbane.

I'd like to see Lockyer take the next 4 weeks off, not play origin and concentrate on getting us to the Grand Final. I know he's tough, I know he loves origin but seriously, he has nothing to prove whatsoever.

Totally agree.

And I'd like to see Boyd at FB with Hunt moving to 6 while Locky is out.

And anything not to see Perry in 1st grade EVER again.

Lockyer goes for scans on injured knee

Brisbane skipper Darren Lockyer has been sent for scans and is facing at least a fortnight on the sideline.

Lockyer's knee continues to cause Brisbane concerns after he failed to get through last Friday night's loss to Melbourne.

However, the club's performance director Jeremy Hickmans says while Lockyer's knee injury is a concern, it is not career-treating and he is unlikely to need further surgery.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/ ... x?id=50427

Kaz said:
Lockyer goes for scans on injured knee

Brisbane skipper Darren Lockyer has been sent for scans and is facing at least a fortnight on the sideline.

Lockyer's knee continues to cause Brisbane concerns after he failed to get through last Friday night's loss to Melbourne.

However, the club's performance director Jeremy Hickmans says while Lockyer's knee injury is a concern, it is not career-treating and he is unlikely to need further surgery.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/ ... x?id=50427

Whatever the outcome - and I hope it is positive, I still reckon at least 4 weeks off and no Origin this year. We need him for the Grand Final and we will win Origin without him anyway.

I can see it from his position that he knows he needs a good year so he can play in the world cup. But i think he would make it in anyway. Plus being at the end of his career so he wants to get as much out of it as he can.

I still think without Locky we can make the top 8. our draw this year isnt as hard as others. We need him at the back end of the year.

But saying we all dont think he should play SOO does that mean we would have him in the Broncos squad throughout this time?

Good decision.

Get it all cleared up now so he's fit and ready for when we'll really need him. The boys are doing extremely well in his near absence anyway.

Who will we move to five-eighth now? I dunno if I want Stagg there tbh. Would it be too early for Beale to be given a crack there ?

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.