Darren Lockyer's knee

Agree Coxy. I think if they can keep winning without Lockyer, Hodges, Marsh etc and get themselves into a great position on the table, that will put them in a fantastic position for when all troops are on deck and then they can launch a serious assault on the premiership icon_thumbs_u .

They certainly need to fix up their defence on the edges though, Prince will see that we are vulnerable once they spread the ball wide....if the guys get that right we should be good. Lots of high balls to Petersen's wing!!! icon_thumbs_u

Hopefully we chuck someone other than Stagg at 5/8th to help Wallace. I love Stagg, but he is no playmaker. He'd more useful in the backrow making tackles, and covering up in defense. Hopeful Karmichael and Hodges feel better and start getting involved more as well.

Hodges mustn't be any Corey Parker as the fall on the top of his head yesterday was the reason he was in pain throughout the game.
Therefore not playing to his best yesterday and looks like being out this week again with a sore neck. [icon_frown

Alec said:
Hopefully we chuck someone other than Stagg at 5/8th to help Wallace. I love Stagg, but he is no playmaker. He'd more useful in the backrow making tackles, and covering up in defense. Hopeful Karmichael and Hodges feel better and start getting involved more as well.
I agree. But Staggs little short pass to put Taylor into the gap that led to Ennis's first try was pretty classy icon_thumbs_u

The longer he takes to recoup the better as long as he is right for the business end.
I'm loving watching this side develop without Locky ATM.

Dexter said:
The longer he takes to recoup the better as long as he is right for the business end.
I'm loving watching this side develop without Locky ATM.

it's a very important time for the side with no Locky. they need to learn to win consistently without him there. he wont be around much longer.

Agreed. If this Friday's game is as high quality as we hope, and comes down to the wire, the Broncos winning without Lockyer would be a MASSIVE boost of confidence to the whole club. So far the only games they've won without him were the Cowboys and Knights, and both those teams really handed victory to the Broncos.

Did'nt we also win a few games in the latter stages of last season without Locky ?? The Broncs are seeing themselves on the field more and more often without Locky and seem to be moving on. I said last season that Locky should not return before round ten at the earliest, any earlier and he would be premature and so it has been. He was not ready, could not have been. Knee injuries simply are never better after surgery and are famous for taking at least a year to heal to the extent that confidence is regained and the procedure forgotten by the patient.

20 years after the first surgery to my meniscus it still reminds me when a direction change is required. Unless Stargate has intervened Darrens knee needs another 6 months to get back to around 80% of the injury free state.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
Did'nt we also win a few games in the latter stages of last season without Locky ??

I don't recall many wins after Lockyer's injury. Might've beaten the Sharks or Canberra or some nuffy like that, but every other team even fractionally good gave us a beating. That was not just because we were lacking Lockyer, but also Tate, Berrigan, Ennis etc etc. So many injuries.

Coxy said:
COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
Did'nt we also win a few games in the latter stages of last season without Locky ??

I don't recall many wins after Lockyer's injury. Might've beaten the Sharks or Canberra or some nuffy like that, but every other team even fractionally good gave us a beating. That was not just because we were lacking Lockyer, but also Tate, Berrigan, Ennis etc etc. So many injuries.

... and a decent, scheming, go-forward, kicking and organizing half back.

rnabokov said:
Coxy said:
COMPOUND FRACTURE said:

... and a decent, scheming, go-forward, kicking and organizing half back.

But but but... Perry was there!

[icon_shady

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Lostboy
  • Thelmus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Swordfish
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.