THE BOSS Dave Donaghy - Broncos CEO

so according to the 7 news report, Donaghy was head hunted by us, he didn't actually apply for the job. the report doesn't say if he had an interview or not, just that we will give him a formal offer.

he is asked about this during his press conference on the Welch situation ... but side steps it and goes on to talk about Welch etc

I know im probably wrong but wasn't it a couple years back gus gould came up and had a look around the Club..maybe the new academy?
Maybe he did a review..u know like the one he did last year at the dragons and see how that turned out...had a hand in sacking a coach at the riff who had the team bound for a top 4 spot!!! For a bloke who had so much success as a coach and GM his for and against is looking like our f/a this year 🙄

I know im probably wrong but wasn't it a couple years back gus gould came up and had a look around the Club..maybe the new academy?
Maybe he did a review..u know like the one he did last year at the dragons and see how that turned out...had a hand in sacking a coach at the riff who had the team bound for a top 4 spot!!! For a bloke who had so much success as a coach and GM his for and against is looking like our f/a this year [emoji849]

I remember Gus advised the cowboys for a bit around 2010. The cowboys sucked for a few years after but then won the premiership in 2015. He then had a similar role with the panthers and they also sucked while he was there. Now a few seasons later, the panthers are minor premiers. Just an observation though.

Last edited:
Seems to me with all the fapping over poaching the Storm's CEO, Coach and Captain you blokes are all closet Sunshine Coast Storm fans.

Why shouldn't we be? They are what the Broncos used to be AND are the best Queensland team by far.

Why shouldn't we be? They are what the Broncos used to be AND are the best Queensland team by far.

They are always competitive and competent too. Their strength and conditioning system must be one of the best on the world stage given how few injuries they usually deal with. Scouting is miles ahead of where we are too.

Seems to me with all the fapping over poaching the Storm's CEO, Coach and Captain you blokes are all closet Sunshine Coast Storm fans.
I’ve decided to go for the storm this year ewwwwwww but hear me out, if they win, smith will retire and I reckon bellyache might too then players will start to leave and the storm era as we know it will end. It’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.

I’ve decided to go for the storm this year ewwwwwww but hear me out, if they win, smith will retire and I reckon bellyache might too then players will start to leave and the storm era as we know it will end. It’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.

Logoff for a bit mate. I think the stress is getting to you.

Last edited:
I know everyone is blowing their load over anyone associated with the storm but have they even turned a profit yet? Have had a pretty successful 20 years
The broncos could turn a profit without a ceo. Business runs itself

You know how we know the Broncos can turn a profit even without a CEO? because we have been doing exactly that for much of this year.

Article in the courier mail with the Storm chair Tripp calling Broncos targeting many Storm staff (Bellamy, Donaghy, Smith) embarrassing before saying he expects Dave Donaghy to repay the faith they put in him and stay. To me that says he doesn't believe he will currently and is nervous.

Article in the courier mail with the Storm chair Tripp calling Broncos targeting many Storm staff (Bellamy, Donaghy, Smith) embarrassing before saying he expects Dave Donaghy to repay the faith they put in him and stay. To me that says he doesn't believe he will currently and is nervous.
Hmmm, live in plague central with the lockdowns and a shitty winter or live and work in Brisbane, it would be a tough one to decide.

Active Now

• Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrslong
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • PETERN
  • Yellowfella
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • Bronco bob
  • heartly87
  • Brocko
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.