OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

So how come they can restrict Donaghy’s future but can announce his replacement? They’re a shady club at the best of times, but this is suspicious.
Mark my words.... storm will be where we are in 5-10 years. Their actions and attitude since Tripp has got involved have been more arrogant then usual, and this is a club that rorted NRL and other club fans for years and expected an apology. Arrogance and thinking things will just keep going the way they went when we had immortals and legends littering our team is how we got exactly where we are...

you might know ... was he at Essendon at the time of their doping scandals?

He’s been there 10 years but all his involvement has been commercial and marketing. If anything the drugs saga would have made his life much harder. I’m sure he cursed it every day.

He’s been there 10 years but all his involvement has been commercial and marketing. If anything the drugs saga would have made his life much harder. I’m sure he cursed it every day.

He'll fit right in at the Storm then.

"Boats, what boats?"

Oh I forgot about this. Sorry guys, I let you down with my countdown.

When it is official, I’ll be over the moon, he is an EXCELLENT get.

'Ding Dong, the Witch is dead...'

The Broncos have had a run of fairly dire CEO's in recent years, but surely none more so than Old Gill. Thank God his reign of abject incompetence is about to be closed.

Much like Kevin Walters, the hopes are high for Donaghy and just like Walters too, he has a hell of a mess to clean up from his predecessor. Both men should take great comfort though in knowing that short of literally burning the actual club building to the ground there is just about no way they could actually do a worse job than the men they are replacing.

Good Luck to Dave Donaghy (you'll need it) and hey, since the door will already be held open for Old Gill to do his walk of shame out of, lets not waste that opportunity to shove a few of his grossly incompetent cronies and underlings out the door at the same time too.

I think it's honestly no understatement to say this news is both as exciting and incredibly overdue as the day we gave Anthony Seibold his marching orders.

Last edited:
200.gif

I think white did some good things with the club but the Bennet fiasco should have followed with his resignation. It was a monumental balls up where no one came away smelling like roses.
To compound it with a unknown, green and subsequently incompetent coach that led us to a wooden spoon should have him gone on that final siren last year, along with a few, if not all of the board.
Instead we have a new coach and CEO going into this season together with little opportunity to chart their own course before the season start.
At least Walters had the pre season, but seriously, when compared to other clubs we look pedestrian in our structural changes.
I hope the club has learned through this because that's would be the only bright thing to come out of it.

Last edited:
“We have put a lot of work into Dave. We gave him his first chance as a chief executive. I expect Dave to stay at the Melbourne Storm, renew his contract and repay the faith.”

Sorry Tripp but we finally got one over your lot.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.