OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Couple of interesting comments from Brent Read in the Australian story about the Storm's impending legal action against the Broncos (over the non compete clause).

He says:

"Smith won’t be back at Melbourne this season" and "Broncos are growing increasingly pessimistic about their chances of luring Bellamy back to the club"

Couple of interesting comments from Brent Read in the Australian story about the Storm's impending legal action against the Broncos (over the non compete clause).

He says:

"Smith won’t be back at Melbourne this season" and "Broncos are growing increasingly pessimistic about their chances of luring Bellamy back to the club"
Good. I don't want either of those two anywhere near the club.

At least in the last 15 years, the Storm have had a better football team than us. A better coaching team. A better recruitment team. A better medical team.

We should be worried, there’s a strong chance they also have a better legal team and ours have ballsed this up somehow.

At least in the last 15 years, the Storm have had a better football team than us. A better coaching team. A better recruitment team. A better medical team.

We should be worried, there’s a strong chance they also have a better legal team and ours have ballsed this up somehow.
And half of that came from the broncos , including coaches and recruiting

bring it ... they have no cause of action against us
If Donaghy is in breach of his contract - and they can make out an allegation that we have caused him to do so, there is a cause of action for inducing a breach of contract.

If Donaghy is in breach of his contract - and they can make out an allegation that we have caused him to do so, there is a cause of action for inducing a breach of contract.
I think that would be difficult to argue considering he was off contract & would have every right to sound out other employment options.

They made me do it is not a defence 😅

I think that would be difficult to argue considering he was off contract & would have every right to sound out other employment options.
Not so much signing with us though, but the timing of when he starts. If he is in breach of a non-compete clause by signing with us, they would still have a cause of action.

Last edited:
And half of that came from the broncos , including coaches and recruiting
Which is even more frustrating, as it says to me that, as an organisation we’ve obviously been far too arrogant to recognise / appreciate the contributions those assets have made, thinking we would just continue the success and domination we’d enjoyed for so long.

What the last 15 years shows is that it seems the Storm are better at being the Broncos than the Broncos are.

Not so much signing with us though, but the timing of when he starts. If he is in breach of a non-compete clause by signing with us, they would still have a cause of action.
Probably why they haven't provided a start date. Whether he starts in march or may, its not that big of deal for Brisbane. If melbourne want to go down this path they are only lining lawyers pockets. It's ego, pure and simple.

Probably why they haven't provided a start date. Whether he starts in march or may, its not that big of deal for Brisbane. If melbourne want to go down this path they are only lining lawyers pockets. It's ego, pure and simple.
Yep, I agree. It is a fairly obscure cause of action in any event.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.