Dave Taylor

Coxy said:
Dave Taylor 2008 = Dane Carlaw. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Only cause they both are/were being played wrong. Carlaw was a fringe ball runner, never a prop.

Taylor is still punching through the line but only when he runs onto the ball.

Prince Langer said:
Coxy said:
Dave Taylor 2008 = Dane Carlaw. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Only cause they both are/were being played wrong. Carlaw was a fringe ball runner, never a prop.

Taylor is still punching through the line but only when he runs onto the ball.

But that's no excuse for them to be soft though. Of course running at the backs is easier, but both Carlaw and Taylor are more than big enough to run up the middle. They have both been soft for us.

Carlaw was a big fat wuss plain and simple, he is just about the biggest waste of talent and build I can remember in the game.

And Bennett is the greatest coach of prop forwards in the game.

Bryce Gibbs chased him down. Not good. Was a good intercept though. I saw him playing for the comets earlier this year and he looked fat and unfit even for the Q Cup....

mrslong said:
Bryce Gibbs chased him down. Not good. Was a good intercept though. I saw him playing for the comets earlier this year and he looked fat and unfit even for the Q Cup....

... unlike last year [icon_frown

we look extremely light on in the front row for 2009 ... will be a make or break season for Taylor

despite the bagging above, I tend to agree with Nashy in that he hasn't really been given much of a chance ... he should have been on the bench permanently in 2008 and playing backrow when on the field

should Taylor start the season poorly to average in 2009 and he attracts a big offer on potential from elsewhere causing us to lose him ... I'd say we in big trouble in the prop department

Oink !

give the kid some time, he has the potential to be a unique prop once developed. he should be afforded the time due to his age. as long as he has the desire he could be one of the most feared props the game has ever seen.

Good to see DT notch up another good game back to back!

ive noticed Dave is 1 of the best at getting the guy with the ball on his back. he just out muscles any1 and turns em over with ease.

i think enough of the nursing and get him in there from now on..let him learn from his mistakes and soldier it for better the next week..

Jargernaut said:
give the kid some time, he has the potential to be a unique prop once developed. he should be afforded the time due to his age. as long as he has the desire he could be one of the most feared props the game has ever seen.

So true. So come on Bennett - you're supposed to be the best coach of props in the game.

Now that's Origin is done and dusted I think Taylor will get a decent crack.

I have this feeling Bennett was hiding him so he wasnt selected for Origin.

Lets see what unfolds..

BroncoMatt said:
Now that's Origin is done and dusted I think Taylor will get decent crack.

I have this feeling Bennett was hiding him so he wasnt selected for Origin.

Lets see what unfolds..

Interesting theory Matt and one that the more I think about might have some merit.

The next few games will be interesting then

with Sims,Clinton,Sammy and kenny all fit it will be interesting to see if he gets a spot

Active Now

• Big Del
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.