Dave Taylor

Nah that tackle on the rookie wasn't why I rated Sims & Taylor, I just thought they were the only one's attacking the line, I actually thought Carroll was our best up until he started dropping the ball all over the place. Thaiday was OK, but lacked intensity....except for about 5 mins before the end. No-one but sims turned up in the first hafl.

Karmichael was my motm though for the Bronx.

I disagree about Thaiday, I think he ran harder than I've seen him all year.

Agree about Karmichael though. No other fullback in the game would've cleaned up that chip he did. Others would've tried, but they wouldn't have got there AND held onto it.

Definitely unfit and lacking some spark. One thing I've noticed is that he seems to get down on himself when things aren't going right. Suck it up son and get back in there - we need you.

Personally I think you're being harsh on Taylor Coxy. I do think he seems a bit unfit however he did show glimpses of his damaging potential yesterday and was quite solid. He was one of few forwards who actually seemed to put effort in.

Put effort in and spend the next 5 minutes sucking in oxygen.

I'm harsh on him because I know how good he can be and he's not showing 10% of his potential at the moment. I don't want him turning into another Dane Carlaw!

Taylor did break a few tackles, but our best forward was....Ennis.

Coxy said:
Put effort in and spend the next 5 minutes sucking in oxygen.

I'm harsh on him because I know how good he can be and he's not showing 10% of his potential at the moment. I don't want him turning into another Dane Carlaw!
No fear about that, Taylor can catch...see he nearly dropped that ball but he regathered it....Clinton is the new Carlaw, always good for one or two cough ups agame

I don't like Stats as the only way to judge players, but they make a bit of interesting reading:

Player (Runs, Metres, Avg, Tackle Breaks, Tackles, Missed Tackles, Errors)
Clinton 9, 90, 10, 0, 10, 2, 1 (I'm sure he made 2 errors)
Hannant 13, 101, 7.8, 2, 22, 0, 0
Thaiday 9, 85, 9.4, 3, 23, 1, 0
Eastwood 9, 53, 5.9, 1, 17, 5, 0
Parker 8, 65, 8.1, 0, 37, 1, 0
Carroll 6, 46, 7.7, 0, 12, 0, 2
Sims 8, 50, 6.25, 0, 17, 16, 0
Taylor 10, 86, 8.6, 1, 13, 0, 1

Now, I'm sorry, but a bloke as big as Sims should be making more than 6.25m per hit up, should be running more than 8 times, and should NOT miss 50% of his attempted tackles!

Eastwood, similar story but slightly more respectable missed tackle rate, but still unacceptable! 5 is too many for a forward!

The stats show the Broncos pack were pretty bloody pitiful all round. They do back up my feeling that Sam did OK. 3 tackle breaks, 9+ metres per hit up, 23 tackles and only 1 missed. Given he was out there for 80 minutes though, he could've done more.

Coxy said:
Clinton 9, 90, 10, 0, 10, 2, 1 (I'm sure he made 2 errors)

If Clinton could cut the dropped ball out of his game he'd be alright. I thought he started the game strongly yesterday but then got shafted to the bench for about a third of the match (probably because of the errors).

We need Kenny back in the team, he may not be flashy but he does have a high workrate.

Agree on that. Clinton's never going to win you a game, but if he can average 10m+ per hit up, and play more minutes so he can do 18-20 hit ups, he's done his job. But to do that he has to stop the errors, absolutely.

Sam did a top job yesterday IMO, probably our best forward.

Eastwood and Taylor again showed great glimpses, they've just got to increase their involvement. Clinton has been absolutely terrible, and it's quite obvious that TC was hurt pretty bad during the game - the amount of errors he made were out of character - also doubly frustrating because two knock-ons came when he was running straight into a hole.

Coxy said:
I don't like Stats as the only way to judge players, but they make a bit of interesting reading:

Sims 8, 50, 6.25, 0, 17, 16, 0
Would 16 missed tackles be a record?? [eusa_doh

mick! said:
Clinton has been absolutely terrible.

You really think so?

Over the last few games, i reckon he's played alright, nothing special, just solid performances.

Fair play to him but, the two balls i saw him drop were from hospital passes. Probably should have taken them but there was a shitload of pressure on him, props shouldn't be forced to take balls like that too often.

Clinton just isn't impressing me at all to be honest. I have seen him play 1 really good game in a Broncos jersey, other than that he has been average at best. I think some time in Queensland cup may help him.

Our pack is either WAY over-rated or WAY under-performing, not sure which is worse.

Clinton hasn't been at his best this year , he can definitely improve IMO. He isn't as bad as people are making out either sure he drops the ball to often but alot of the time it is due to poor passes. The problem Clinton has is that he is compared to Webcke and Petro and he really isn't a freckle on their ar$e$.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.