International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies is expecting an answer with 48 hours:

Untitled 1

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Thorn was a far better union player than SBW. SBW was the better RL player though.
I also remember SBerrigan defending Williams in the centres in 2006 (I think) and did not give him an inch. Totally shut him down, like he wasn’t even on the field.

Williams is an athletic specimen, no doubt. But he should have had more impact against a bloke at least 20kg lighter than him (he was not only heavier, he was just so much bigger).

Tangent: gees I miss Berrigan. The bloke was just a tough footballer with speed, skill and determination.

Back on track; yes Williams was good, but I don’t think he was anywhere near as dominant as Tallis was.

I also think Fifita has the potential to be better than both, by a stretch.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
What are you saying? the Leagues club should create a community liaison officer paying 500k a year and hire Mrs Fifi to help connect to minority communities??? :rofl

im saying the leagues club should buy a house in the beautiful neighbourhood of *Fifita’s area* and hold a raffle. Of course Ms Fifita is allowed to enter a raffle right

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Don't think it would make a difference and I'm certain the Broncos know where both parties stand. Until the management thing is sorted things will remain as they are I feel.

This is a constant theme which has annoyed me throughout this whole saga.
If Fifita doesn’t want/like his manager anymore why can’t he just sack the ****.
I know there is a contract but why is it set up so managers are unsackable?
Why should bloody managers be a protected species?
Why should players be tied to them if they don’t want them to represent them anymore?
If I didn’t like the lawyer who was representing me I can just piss him off.
The whole manager situation generally is bloody ridiculous.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
If Fifita doesn’t want/like his manager anymore why can’t he just sack the ****.
I know there is a contract but why is it set up so managers are unsackable?

So a manager can't do all the hard work getting a player a great multi year contract with a club and then the day before signing it the player dumps his manager so he doesn't have to pay a commission on it.

That's an extreme example but the contract is designed to protect both parties and at the time Fifita would have committed to his current manager to a set period of time which he has to honor.

Last edited:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
im saying the leagues club should buy a house in the beautiful neighbourhood of *Fifita’s area* and hold a raffle. Of course Ms Fifita is allowed to enter a raffle right
I've heard she's a fantastic golfer that loves a cheeky wager. The system, she wins she collects, she loses she collects*

*may have been slightly bastardized from goodfellas

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I've heard she's a fantastic golfer that loves a cheeky wager. The system, she wins she collects, she loses she collects*

*may have been slightly bastardized from goodfellas
And allegedly certain Sydney league identities. 30K a hole, 18 holes, $540K, thank you for coming.

Last edited:
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
So a manager can't do all the hard work getting a player a great multi year contract with a club and then the day before signing it the player dumps his manager so he doesn't have to pay a commission on it.

That's an extreme example but the contract is designed to protect both parties and at the time Fifita would have committed to his current manager to a set period of time which he has to honor.

You are right that is an extreme example and naturally would be unfair.
Where I am coming from is his current manager should naturally get everything he is owed for this CURRENT contract but Fifita should be free to say now that he doesn’t want this guy negotiating his NEXT contract and that should be able to happen now.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
If I had a dream team for CEO and GM of football it would be ribot and bellamy,think those two would go a long way to righting the ship.

Oh and hello to all the titans fans lurking 🙂
Well ribot got the storm going, and they won in their first year. He started here as football manager and he got us long term success and I believe only 1 year that we missed the finals, averaging between 6 to origin reps, and the first club in 20 years to go back to back. You could do worse.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well ribot got the storm going, and they won in their first year. He started here as football manager and he got us long term success and I believe only 1 year that we missed the finals, averaging between 6 to origin reps, and the first club in 20 years to go back to back. You could do worse.
I think they played finals in their first year, we knocked them out of that but the following year 1999 they beat our old punching bag, St George. ****, that was delicious. It meant that Mundine didn't get a gf that year and his selfishness actually cost them the win. He had only to pass to his unmarked winger for a try which would have all but guaranteed them the gf but instead dummied, burrowed and failed. Gorgeous.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Williams is an athletic specimen, no doubt. But he should have had more impact against a bloke at least 20kg lighter than him (he was not only heavier, he was just so much bigger).

Berrigan did the same thing to Inglis, and who is going to not call Inglis one of the best runners in the game?

Berrigan was just on fire that season, and in the finals his whole job in defence was to rush SBW/Inglis and give them absolutely no room. Storm and the Bulldogs predictably went to their most dangerous player each time, and didn't try as many variations to exploit Berrigan rushing out. I think a similar sort of thing happened in Origin too, only they used Josh Morris on Inglis instead.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Where I am coming from is his current manager should naturally get everything he is owed for this CURRENT contract but Fifita should be free to say now that he doesn’t want this guy negotiating his NEXT contract and that should be able to happen now.

The extreme example was in response to your extreme question as to why “he can’t just sack the ****”.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that. Who knows how much work Fifita’s manager has done for him prior to Fifita deciding he wants out, he has to see out the contract, as he should.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

everything he is owed ... is commission for ANY contract Fifita signed during the duration of his contract with the agent.

take Haas for example, he signed what could well be a bargain basement contract with us ... should he now be able to effectively sack us and go elsewhere?

Last edited:
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I also remember SBerrigan defending Williams in the centres in 2006 (I think) and did not give him an inch. Totally shut him down, like he wasn’t even on the field.

Tangent: gees I miss Berrigan. The bloke was just a tough footballer with speed, skill and determination.

Back on track; yes Williams was good, but I don’t think he was anywhere near as dominant as Tallis was.

I also think Fifita has the potential to be better than both, by a stretch.
Berrigan is one of my favourite ever players.

Lockyer, Karmichael Hunt, Berrigan, Hodges. Gosh they were good. Parker, Carrol, YowYeh, Petro and Webcke honorable mentions

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Berrigan is one of my favourite ever players.

Lockyer, Karmichael Hunt, Berrigan, Hodges. Gosh they were good. Parker, Carrol, YowYeh, Petro and Webcke honorable mentions
No Langer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• the_next
  • Old Mate
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Spooky1013
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Redfern_1980
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • westy316
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.