OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Nope ... because I don't think he can train without a contract
What if we offer him a train and trial contract then make an offer to him at the start of 2021?
[automerge]1594943506[/automerge]
I love Thorn but he wasn't quite as athletic as SBW. Thorn was a champ through and through though.
They were different types of players. I feel like if thorn played today he'd be a prop.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I love Thorn but he wasn't quite as athletic as SBW. Thorn was a champ through and through though.
Can't disagree about athleticism although I'd probably narrow it a little more and describe it as agility. Thorny proved he was the supreme athlete. Funny thing though Cam Smith is probably our greatest ever, certainly hooker and he just doesn't look like a supreme athlete in

any way.

Sorry about the derail folks, back to Fifita, carry on.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fifita has got a long way to go to match Tallis, who is easily the best back rower we have had at Brisbane. I think people forget how awesome Gordy actually was because he has turned into a total fool.
Exactly Tallis was a gamechanger on both sides of the ball and had the leadership to know when his team needed a lift.

I would say Fifita is a gamechanger on the attacking side of the ball, but isn't yet demanding the ball in game winning situations. In defence he's just looking to play his role without looking to dominate the opposition.

Against Parra to setup the field goal are the kind of runs that make you a leader, but at times he can fade in and out of games a little... Souths and cowboys games this year he was sitting back waiting rather than getting amongst it.

I have no doubt that he can become that kind of player, but I think when he says that he wants comfortable football... he's basically indicating that he wants to learn his game and how it adapts to the NRL so he can become a consistent dominant force.

I would say TPJ is a bit closer in terms of being a gamechanger in our team... he takes big carries that skittle the opposition, gets critical offloads, targets the opposition's big men in defence and also looks for 1v1 steals to change momentum.

That's the kind of stuff Gordie did... momentum changing plays

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Fifita has got a long way to go to match Tallis, who is easily the best back rower we have had at Brisbane. I think people forget how awesome Gordy actually was because he has turned into a total fool.
I agree. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

Fifita has enormous potential, but at this stage it is largely still potential. Talls as you said was one of the best Backrowers of the modern era and almost certainly the best one to have come through the Broncos, regardless of what he's become since hanging up the boots.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Probably, and the piece of shit only has himself to blame.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Fifita has got a long way to go to match Tallis, who is easily the best back rower we have had at Brisbane.
And paid pretty well for it too - depending who you believe. Bear in mind this is 17 years ago.

Screenshot 2020 07 17 Tallis is richest NRL player RLW

Screenshot 2020 07 17 Tallis wage talk wrong Broncos boss

Last edited:
Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Think we need to keep in mind that Fifi is still a big kid.... got a long way to go to see what his true colours are yet.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
If he stays on less money with us it will be an enormous lift to the whole club. If he goes to the Tits on $1.25mil can you imagine the amount of resentment other players will be feeling when they are getting flogged and Dave is not 'saving' them.

The whole shitshow where other players know what the high earners are getting is not good for player harmony. There has to be some skulduggery going on to try and destablilise what looks to be an absolute redhot pack if allowed to stay together for another year or two.

You need only look to see how there is barely a whisper when the Rorters are due to re-sign a player (Keary a prime example). Not even a counter offer from a single club to raise his potential earning capacity from his manager? So suss!

If Dave stays it will be a huge "**** You" to the rest of the comp and it will herald the beginning of a new era at the Broncos.

C

cento

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
I think the broncos need put a date on it to hurry this crap up

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Look, I’m not saying we should cheat the cap but I’m just saying someone buy his mum a fucking house and be done with it.
Press conference Monday morning, I am hearing McDonald Jones will be announced as the clubs newest sponsor..

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Look, I’m not saying we should cheat the cap but I’m just saying someone buy his mum a fucking house and be done with it.
What are you saying? the Leagues club should create a community liaison officer paying 500k a year and hire Mrs Fifi to help connect to minority communities??? :rofl

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If he stays on less money with us it will be an enormous lift to the whole club. If he goes to the Tits on $1.25mil can you imagine the amount of resentment other players will be feeling when they are getting flogged and Dave is not 'saving' them.

The whole shitshow where other players know what the high earners are getting is not good for player harmony. There has to be some skulduggery going on to try and destablilise what looks to be an absolute redhot pack if allowed to stay together for another year or two.

You need only look to see how there is barely a whisper when the Rorters are due to re-sign a player (Keary a prime example). Not even a counter offer from a single club to raise his potential earning capacity from his manager? So suss!

If Dave stays it will be a huge "**** You" to the rest of the comp and it will herald the beginning of a new era at the Broncos.
I sat next to Jumbo Keary (Luke's dad) in school. He was a good footballer too. Picked in the schools top side. He was a pretty small fellow. They sure look alike.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think the broncos need put a date on it to hurry this crap up
Don't think it would make a difference and I'm certain the Broncos know where both parties stand. Until the management thing is sorted things will remain as they are I feel.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Brad Thorn? Probably accomplished more? He wasn't just a bash and barge forward either, he had skills. SBW had the model looks so we all know the pretty ones get all the praise.

Thorn was a far better union player than SBW. SBW was the better RL player though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don’t see the point of a deadline.

It’s been made clear that Fifita will make a decision before he returns to the field so there’s no chance of it being a distraction for him. And it’s not going to be a distraction for the playing group.

We’re not really in a position where we will miss out on signing a replacement should he decide to go.

There’s not really any point of a deadline. And I’ve always hated deadlines. That’s how you lose players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• jd87
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Clintos
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • mystico
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.