OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I think they played finals in their first year, we knocked them out of that but the following year 1999 they beat our old punching bag, St George. ****, that was delicious. It meant that Mundine didn't get a gf that year and his selfishness actually cost them the win. He had only to pass to his unmarked winger for a try which would have all but guaranteed them the gf but instead dummied, burrowed and failed. Gorgeous.
You're probably right. My non-broncos Nrl history is particularly patchy, but I do remember thinking we lost someone who could done a lot more for the club when he left. I'm not begrudging him taking his opportunities, only lamenting our loss.
The club never felt as strong after he left.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Berrigan is one of my favourite ever players.

Lockyer, Karmichael Hunt, Berrigan, Hodges. Gosh they were good. Parker, Carrol, YowYeh, Petro and Webcke honorable mentions
No Scott Minto, insulting!

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I’m not one for deadlines but I say we do this.
Give Fifita a deadline of end July. If he doesn't re-sign or chooses the Titans we bring Cam $mith home.
1.5m for 2021 & guaranteed assistant role under Walters.
Do all we can to release Milford, Offa, Bird, Croft and Isaako. Kahu and Boyd off the books.
Dearden in the halves with Smith or Dearden/Staggs halves with Smith at 9.
Let Smith run the show, Dearden to learn off him and Staggs to play a running 6 role much like Munster.
Ahh, damn.. forgot the board aren’t that smart.

S

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
Jun 8, 2017
Give Fifita a deadline of end July. If he doesn't re-sign or chooses the Titans we bring Cam $mith home.
Do all we can to release Milford, Offa, Bird, Croft and Isaako. Kahu and Boyd off the books.
Let Smith run the show, Dearden to learn off him and Staggs to play a running 6 role much like Munster.
It's so simple, just sign the most influential player of the last 15 years! I'm stunned no one has tried to lure Cam from Melbourne before!

Behold

Behold

BRL Player
Jun 13, 2012
Smith quit origin because Walters is a shit coach.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Smith quit origin, at the last minute, because he didn't want to tarnish his record in a side without Cronk and Thurston.
Yep, he wouldn't sign with us as a player for 3 million a year.

We should definitely try to get him as assistant coach though.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
I honestly think Smith's plan is Storm head coach. Can see him being assistant coach in Bellamy's final year, then head coach the next year.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Presume if Oates is being forced into early retirement, that might free up some cash too.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Presume if Oates is being forced into early retirement, that might free up some cash too.
maybe pies can sign up a few more of his ex players with that spare dosh. lets get the band back together and play while the ship sinks.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Stay = huge shot in the arm.

Go = circle the wagons, no overpaid primadonnas, line in the sand we become a better team.

Would also break the meat head forwards player power base that has been forming at the club. Over paid show ponies.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Maybe they’ll announce before the agm tomorrow ??

Last edited:
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Broncos agm tomorrow. Would be good for some positive news before it?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
he is staying....signed for 2021..

W ecan close this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • johnny plath
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Swordfish
  • Brotherdu
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncoFan94
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.