OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke this has turned into, dragging this out for so long.
I tend to agree this has gone on long enough now, he either wants to be here for less money out of loyalty or he wants the cash. I think he has had enough time to decide so wouldn’t be opposed to us setting a deadline and forcing his hand.

Strong clubs like Roosters and Raiders put deadlines and move on either way, we should start learning the strong clubs behaviours.

What a joke this has turned into, dragging this out for so long. I cannot believe Broncos fans on here have no issue with this and support him. Has the hatred for Seibold and the administration made you death ride your club this much? How ridiculous. I hate Seibold and I hate the administration but the club should always come first. Celebrating a player that has been developed by the club and the club has stood by when he gets himself into a fucking Bali jail cell only for him to turn around and turn the club into a circus for months when they needed stability more than ever blows my fucking mind. It's not like we offered him chump change either.

I hope he goes to the Titans and is crushed under the weight of expectation that the money brings and has a very short career. I am disgusted the club hasn't pulled the offer from the money grubbing ****.

We've offered him a pay of around $15,000 a week. Just let that figure sink in.

Jesus fucking Christ, quit pissing your pants. Right now, he's one of ours. He's been offered the biggest payout of any player in the history of rugby league, and he still hasn't taken it. That in itself is enough loyalty. What he does next is anyone's guess but a sane human being would take it, given the mess the Broncos are in, and the Titans being just down the road.

What if he does take a million dollar hit to stay: is he going to feel good about that? And more to the question, are you going to feel like a complete **** for badmouthing him?

And what if the Broncos match the Titans' offer, and piss off every other player who's on half that? Like whats happened with Milford and Bird. Think about this. Think about what his mate Payne Haas is being paid, and how he must be feeling given the effort he puts in week in, week out.

Did you read my post or my other posts? Clearly not. All your hypotheticals are rubbish because I have said I don’t want us to raise the offer so wondering what Payne my think is ridiculous. He should show some loyalty and accept our very generous offer.

as to asking if I will feel like a **** if he stays, that is fanciful because he isn’t staying. He is gone, why can’t you see that. Yes in the mythical scenario that he stays I would feel like a right **** for what I have said but there is zero chance of that so what’s your point?

He isn’t one of ours, he has accepted their offer and is just dragging the announcement out for one last ego boost.

Last edited:
Andrew Johns:

“A million dollars for me for a back-rower is quite high. I think the Broncos said they’d only go to seven or eight hundred (thousand), something like that. I think the Broncos are right, I think about $800,000. He’s an amazing prospect. He could be one of the best back-rowers in the game but he’s only 20 and I don’t think I’d be paying anywhere near that million dollars … for a back-rower.”

Pat Carrigan:

“I will respect whatever Dave wants to do moving forward,” Carrigan said. “I would love to keep him at the Broncs but we have all got a family and our own aspirations and have to look at what is best for them. It is not a distraction at all. I can’t wait to get him back on the field and hopefully that is here for a couple more years.

“Tonight’s performances and other performances have nothing to do with what is going on with Dave and his contract situation. I am good mates with Dave and I know what he is about as a person. He is about getting his rehab done. He is hurting at the moment with the results we are dishing up but he is a part of our club.”

McHunt

[automerge]1595638341[/automerge]
He should show some loyalty and accept our very generous offer.

He isn’t one of ours, he has accepted their offer and is just dragging the announcement out for one last ego boost.
You seem to be able to read his mind. I can't do that

As for loyalty, next time someone suggests poaching another player, object on the basis you don't want a player who hasn't shown loyalty to his club.

Last edited:
Andrew Johns:

“A million dollars for me for a back-rower is quite high. I think the Broncos said they’d only go to seven or eight hundred (thousand), something like that. I think the Broncos are right, I think about $800,000. He’s an amazing prospect. He could be one of the best back-rowers in the game but he’s only 20 and I don’t think I’d be paying anywhere near that million dollars … for a back-rower.”

Pat Carrigan:

“I will respect whatever Dave wants to do moving forward,” Carrigan said. “I would love to keep him at the Broncs but we have all got a family and our own aspirations and have to look at what is best for them. It is not a distraction at all. I can’t wait to get him back on the field and hopefully that is here for a couple more years.

“Tonight’s performances and other performances have nothing to do with what is going on with Dave and his contract situation. I am good mates with Dave and I know what he is about as a person. He is about getting his rehab done. He is hurting at the moment with the results we are dishing up but he is a part of our club.”

McHunt

[automerge]1595638341[/automerge]

You seem to be able to read his mind. I can't do that

You don’t need to read his mind, he has leaked what he needs to to the media. In fact I would say he has already told the Broncos which is how Chris Garry knows.

You don’t need to read his mind, he has leaked what he needs to to the media. In fact I would say he has already told the Broncos which is how Chris Garry knows.
Hard to criticize him when everything he's done to this point has led to the Titans continually raising the bid. If only our coach was this good at gamesmanship on the field.

Hard to criticize him when everything he's done to this point has led to the Titans continually raising the bid. If only our coach was this good at gamesmanship on the field.

Yeah good for him, I’m sure the club and players have loved the constant distractions too. Nothing like looking after yourself at all costs in a team game.

Last edited:
I just hope the club makes a stand by not picking him in first grade again. The year is done so **** developing him any further. Release him to the Titans now effective immediately.

As a Titan's fan, I feel as though a couple of you are overreacting. The fact it has taken so long shows loyalty for starters and honestly I will be happy whether we get him or not. With what your forwards showed for the first half last night losing him shouldn't be the biggest concern. On the contract value theorised... I can't even be mad as, to be fair, I feel as though Fifita will be putting in stronger performances than Ash and Hayne have more consistently even if he goes through a rough patch. Cartwright, Boyd and possibly even Wallace of late have made me less inclined to care about contract details and more about us just getting him as either way he's easily worth twice those players. If you were to keep him, I'd be surprised if clubs didn't go in heavily on Dearden and that would truely screw you. Food for thought.

Yeah good for him, I’m sure the club and players have loved the constant distractions too. Nothing like looking after yourself at all costs in a team game.
I'm sure they're all worried about their own contracts, the same way normal human beings think about their pay packets. He is doing nothing wrong by anyone. Every player is fielding offers from other clubs. If they didn't, their club would screw them onto lower pay.

Last edited:
Honestly, some of the grandstanding in this thread is a bit much...

Be mad at the Broncos for not tying him up sooner. Be mad at the Titans for being dumbfucks with their cap. Be mad at the NRL for allowing this kind of bullshit to happen. Fine. But I struggle to be mad at a teenager who is struggling with what has to be the biggest decision so far in his life.

And hoping that he goes and fails is just so ridiculously petty.

Last edited:
As a Titan's fan, I feel as though a couple of you are overreacting. The fact it has taken so long shows loyalty for starters and honestly I will be happy whether we get him or not. With what your forwards showed for the first half last night losing him shouldn't be the biggest concern. On the contract value theorised... I can't even be mad as, to be fair, I feel as though Fifita will be putting in stronger performances than Ash and Hayne have more consistently even if he goes through a rough patch. Cartwright, Boyd and possibly even Wallace of late have made me less inclined to care about contract details and more about us just getting him as either way he's easily worth twice those players. If you were to keep him, I'd be surprised if clubs didn't go in heavily on Dearden and that would truely screw you. Food for thought.

I truly believe it is in the clubs best interest to lose him. We are way to heavy in the forwards re contract sizes and need to lose him to balance out the roster.
Lose Fifita, Bird and Milford end of 2021 and I think we need to aim for a big 2022 with a balanced roster and a few more miles in these young fellas legs.
Fifita will then resign in 3 years back at Brisbane to spend his prime and all will be good!

I truly believe it is in the clubs best interest to lose him. We are way to heavy in the forwards re contract sizes and need to lose him to balance out the roster.
Lose Fifita, Bird and Milford end of 2021 and I think we need to aim for a big 2022 with a balanced roster and a few more miles in these young fellas legs.
Fifita will then resign in 3 years back at Brisbane to spend his prime and all will be good!
I agree with all of this except the resign in three years... *Fist*

I agree with all of this except the resign in three years... *Fist*
I played with a couple of ex Broncos that are current Titans as teens and they’ve both stated that you don’t realise how good the Broncos system actually is until you leave it. I’m hopeful he will see the light in time!

We are down, next year will probably hurt too, but it will turn around...... I hope ha

I'm sure they're all worried about their own contracts, the same way normal human beings think about their pay packets. He is doing nothing wrong by anyone. Every player is fielding offers from other clubs. If they didn't, their club would screw them onto lower pay.

Haas isn’t, TPJ isn’t, Lodge isn’t. They all stayed for less.

Agree with the poster above in that I hope he has played his last first grade game for us. I am not interested he seeing him run out in our jersey again getting cheered. **** him off before the weekend is over.

Honestly, some of the grandstanding in this thread is a bit much...

Be mad at the Broncos for not tying him up sooner. Be mad at the Titans for being dumbfucks with their cap. Be mad at the NRL for allowing this kind of bullshit to happen. Fine. But I struggle to be mad at a teenager who is struggling with what has to be the biggest decision so far in his life.

And hoping that he goes and fails is just so ridiculously petty.

If this was about struggling with the decision through ‘loyalty’ then fine I agree and I would be sorry for my ‘grandstanding’, but it’s not. This has all been about squeezing the last drop out of the Titans. He was never staying, clearly after the first verbal agreement with the Titans someone got in his ear that he could get more out of them so then he was ‘undecided’. He hasn’t hid this, he publicly stated after Bali that he owed the Broncos nothing and he has held true.

It seems with each offer there is more outrage over the fact that he hasn’t signed with us yet.

Which is stupid.

I can’t think of a single person his age that would not consider such big money. If people say they wouldn’t give that kind of money the same amount of thought, especially at that age, they’re lying.

He doesn’t owe the club shit. It’s the job of the welfare department to look after the players. If they had left him there in Bali to fend for himself, then they wouldn’t be doing their job.

It’s ridiculous to be outraged over him being torn. He came from nothing. He wants to provide for his family and buy his mother a house and he is being offered that chance now. But yet he is still torn, that says a lot right there.
He could easily buy his mum a house and live out the rest of his life trouble free with the broncos contract, and that’s not even including contracts after it. He’s not getting pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.