DCE backflips to stay at Manly

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'll give you a moment to figure it out.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've got to say, the Titans have handled themselves well in all this. They have been royally screwed over by this guy AND lost their captain to join the same despised team AND lost a quality half themselves in Sezer but still wouldn't bag the guy out. Doesn't matter how well DCE thinks he has handled it, he comes out looking like an absolute douche.

I'm just glad we didn't try to bring him on board as it could be us in an Inglis situation all over again.

M

Mortician

NYC Player
Jul 23, 2011
I'll give you a moment to figure it out.

This thread is about DCE maybe go and start a thread about papalii if you wish to discuss him.

But on topic if i go and **** your wife it's not illegal but i would be a fucking **** for doing it.

I'll give you a moment to think about that.....

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Papalii, Tedesco and anyone else you wanna bring up are VERY different Big Pete.

The problem everyone has with DCE is how long he dragged this out and more importantly, how he repeatedly lied to everyone. When asked if he would honour his titans deal he repeatedly said yes. Over and over. Publicly. He could have said "I dont know". He could have said "we will see". But he continually said he would honour it. Now, he waits til the very last minute to bail on them, only to sign a LIFETIME deal? So he went from definitely leaving a club, to wanting to play for them for the rest of his life? Sounds more like he never planned on leaving and just used the titans to broker himself a massive payday at the eagles.

Thats the big difference between DCE and papalii

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This thread is also about the Round 13 rule, a rule a Queenslander that you seem to be quite enamored with exploited for his own gain yet you don't hold any grudges there.

But given your faulty comparison I doubt you've thought much about this situation and you're only upset because Manly benefited from it.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Papalii, Tedesco and anyone else you wanna bring up are VERY different Big Pete.

The problem everyone has with DCE is how long he dragged this out and more importantly, how he repeatedly lied to everyone. When asked if he would honour his titans deal he repeatedly said yes. Over and over. Publicly. He could have said "I dont know". He could have said "we will see". But he continually said he would honour it. Now, he waits til the very last minute to bail on them, only to sign a LIFETIME deal? So he went from definitely leaving a club, to wanting to play for them for the rest of his life? Sounds more like he never planned on leaving and just used the titans to broker himself a massive payday at the eagles.

A backflip is a backflip, both signed with another club as a bargaining chip and no amount of 'cherry-picking' to justify the hypocrisy is going to change that fact.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

In the interviews I saw he was always qualifying his statements with "right now I'm happy" or "right now I have a contract with the Titans and I'm going to honour that". Frankly I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of the Titan's management office who believed DCE would be a Titan based on his interview answers.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This thread is also about the Round 13 rule, a rule a Queenslander that you seem to be quite enamored with exploited for his own gain yet you don't hold any grudges there.

But given your faulty comparison I doubt you've thought much about this situation and you're only upset because Manly benefited from it.

How the hell do u interpret anything ive said to think i like the Round 13 rule? I think its an absolutely ridiculous rule! I think Papalii and Tedesco are dicks for what they did, but nowhere near to the same degree. Neither of those guys were in the same public spotlight as DCE, and neither of them to'ed and fro'ed over and over. They signed with another club, then changed their mind. Yes, thats a dick move, but it wasnt dragged out like this.

My comparison is fine. Just because you dont think theres a difference doesnt mean there isnt a difference to other people.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
How the hell do u interpret anything ive said to think i like the Round 13 rule? I think its an absolutely ridiculous rule! I think Papalii and Tedesco are dicks for what they did, but nowhere near to the same degree. Neither of those guys were in the same public spotlight as DCE, and neither of them to'ed and fro'ed over and over. They signed with another club, then changed their mind. Yes, thats a dick move, but it wasnt dragged out like this.

My comparison is fine. Just because you dont think theres a difference doesnt mean there isnt a difference to other people.

Wrong Queenslander.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
A backflip is a backflip, both signed with another club as a bargaining chip and no amount of 'cherry-picking' to justify the hypocrisy is going to change that fact.

There can be different kinds of backflips or different levels. It doesnt have to be just black and white like you want to make out.

If a man kills another man, a stranger, on the street, thats murder.
If a woman kills someone that has kidnapped her and held her captive, its also murder.

I am sure you would not consider them to be the same, but i guess im just 'cherry picking' arent i?

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wrong Queenslander.

lol, oh ok. sorry, BIG PETE HAS SPOKEN EVERYONE. you are not entitled to your own opinion. Big Pete will decide how you should feel about DCE. In fact, Big pete's inbox will now be open to all enquiries about how you should feel about any moral or ethical issue you have in your life.

Get over yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I explained to you why some people see the papalii incident differently. Its not open to your interpretation, its an opinion.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The only difference with Papa and DCE is that one has had FAR more media coverage.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
There can be different kinds of backflips or different levels. It doesnt have to be just black and white like you want to make out.

If a man kills another man, a stranger, on the street, thats murder.
If a woman kills someone that has kidnapped her and held her captive, its also murder.

I am sure you would not consider them to be the same, but i guess im just 'cherry picking' arent i?

Because they're not, the other is self-defence.

And yeah there are different backflips.

There are backflips on Ricky Stuart which is perfectly fine.
Then there are backflips to Manly which are not fine.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
lol, oh ok. sorry, BIG PETE HAS SPOKEN EVERYONE. you are not entitled to your own opinion. Big Pete will decide how you should feel about DCE. In fact, Big pete's inbox will now be open to all enquiries about how you should feel about any moral or ethical issue you have in your life.

Get over yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I explained to you why some people see the papalii incident differently. Its not open to your interpretation, its an opinion.

No you're literally the wrong Queenslander.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Why can't players just come out and say the money is what made them stay?

He had plenty of job security at Titans.

I would just once like to hear them say "the money is what made me stay"

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Why can't players just come out and say the money is what made them stay?

He had plenty of job security at Titans.

I would just once like to hear them say "the money is what made me stay"

He has plenty of job security wherever he goes. What a massive cop out

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.