DCE backflips to stay at Manly

His press conference is on now on Channel 9

He has a smug look on his face.

He doesn't want people to know how much the contract is worth. His words it's private.

He said he went by the rules & hasn't broken any rule.

The media aren't giving him an easy time.

Just lost TV signal, probably blew up because of the BS he is spruiking (only channel 9 offline)

Last edited:
Good for Cherry-Evans.

The NRL have had 8 years to react to the stupidity of this rule and have let clubs like Souths, Canberra, Parramatta etc. fall on their face without so much of a reaction. DCE has exploited it, shown how stupid it looks and now he's set for life.

Blaming DCE for sinking the Titans is stupid. The Gold Coast brought themselves down with bad management, bad coaching and bad recruitment. Sure, his signing meant a lot but they had to be aware that under this current bush league system they were always a fair chance of losing him and needed to come up with a plan B.

And if they don't have a Plan B that's on them.

I just can't believe it's LITERALLY a lifetime contract.. they weren't just using that term loosly.. they mean he will be there no matter what.

Wonder how the money will scale, he could very well be looking at somewhere in the vicinity of $15m over the rest of his career at Manly

It looks bad for all parties involved, especially DCE as it's either weak resolve or manipulating the system to get the most $$ out of it.

That being said, he is well within his rights to do what he is doing. I don't particularly like either club so I don't really feel upset for them to be completely honest, but obviously if it was the Broncos I would be filthy. As long as he does his job for QLD in the future I won't hold anything against the bloke.

Changing the rule to 10 days is not going to solve these problems in the future either, it just means the drama will squeezed into a tighter time frame. The contract should be executed and final as it is signed. You should know when you are putting pen to paper that it is what you want.

It looks bad for all parties involved, especially DCE as it's either weak resolve or manipulating the system to get the most $$ out of it.

That being said, he is well within his rights to do what he is doing. I don't particularly like either club so I don't really feel upset for them to be completely honest, but obviously if it was the Broncos I would be filthy. As long as he does his job for QLD in the future I won't hold anything against the bloke.

Changing the rule to 10 days is not going to solve these problems in the future either, it just means the drama will squeezed into a tighter time frame. The contract should be executed and final as it is signed. You should know when you are putting pen to paper that it is what you want.

One of the rule changes is that the signing cannot be announced until after the 10 day cooling off. So it will solve the issue where fans get screwed over like this (unless of course the signing is leaked, but thats not the clubs fault.

No sympathy whatsoever for the Titans. All they ever seem to want to do is sign other teams players rather than develop their own. Taylor, Douglas, Myles, Idris etc.

All they have really developed in their existence is Sezer, James, Elgey and a couple of fast wingers and so so hookers. Pitiful return for how long they've been in the comp.

nothing makes me happier than to see this shit strategy backfire. All the more ironic that they lose their one decent product in Sezer because of it.

Blaming DCE for sinking the Titans is stupid. The Gold Coast brought themselves down with bad management, bad coaching and bad recruitment.

The Titans are on their knees & IMO he used that fact to get what he wanted.

DCE may have been the player to get the Titans out of the shit that they are in. But that now wont happen.

I understand the sport is a business now and its fine if he wanted more money out of Manly but to sign a deal and give your word to another club and then backflip after using the new deal to extort more dollars from your old club is just a all round grubby thing to do.

But......well I guess who needs self-respect when you have millions of dollars.

DCE was never going to save the club. Ever. He doesn't set the world on fire around some of the best players, so he's certainly going to be sod ordinary around some of the worst players.

No sympathy whatsoever for the Titans. All they ever seem to want to do is sign other teams players rather than develop their own. Taylor, Douglas, Myles, Idris etc.

All they have really developed in their existence is Sezer, James, Elgey and a couple of fast wingers and so so hookers. Pitiful return for how long they've been in the comp.

nothing makes me happier than to see this shit strategy backfire. All the more ironic that they lose their one decent product in Sezer because of it.

Does Sezer even count as a Gold Coast product? He came through the Bulldogs system, was one of the best halves coming through the NYC before the Titans threw money at him to sign.

It's be like saying Jayden Nikorima is a Titans product given that's who they're likely to sign now.

You guys have to get over your hate for the Titans and just remember your hatred of the Manly scum.

I'm a bigger fan of clubs developing their own talent and being able to utilise said talent as long as they want to.

Hopefully Foran backflips now. Foran/DCE is the best halves combination in the game and it hurts the code to see them broken up. Especially now that Foran is charged with trying to turn that shambles of an Eels club around.

By normal standards Sezer doesn't count, but for the Titans it's about as good as it gets in terms of developing a good player.

Hahaha this is so fucking delicious.

10 mill over six years? What a fucking joke.

If we were ever in negotiations with this **** I'm glad bennett had the sense to tell the prick to get on his bike nice and early.

Does Sezer even count as a Gold Coast product? He came through the Bulldogs system, was one of the best halves coming through the NYC before the Titans threw money at him to sign.

It's be like saying Jayden Nikorima is a Titans product given that's who they're likely to sign now.

I'm a bigger fan of clubs developing their own talent and being able to utilise said talent as long as they want to.

Hopefully Foran backflips now. Foran/DCE is the best halves combination in the game and it hurts the code to see them broken up. Especially now that Foran is charged with trying to turn that shambles of an Eels club around.
Can't see them affording Foran on top of DCE contract

Titans to go fucking hard for Carney.

Titans to go fucking hard for Carney.

Id bet that Sandow will be their half next year. It's perfectly set up for him to get a huge payday again. No other halves available really and Titans with all that cap space and desperation.

Active Now

• K-Style
  • Brocko
  • mrslong
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • heartly87
  • broncos4life
  • Yellowfella
  • ostin86
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Manlyman
  • Tim K
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.