DCE backflips to stay at Manly

Money, plus Manly could be getting rid of Toovey.

Has that ring to it doesn't it? Toovey's coaching career in jeopardy and suddenly DCE could be backflipping.

There's been no word as of yet from DCE apparently so take with a grain of salt imo. I missed the interview on Sterlo with DCE when this all happened, didn't he highlight a bunch of reasons why a move the the GC was a good thing for him????

attachment.php

Remember how it was always DCE would never leave Sydney? Yeah as if that would have changed.

Here's how I reckon this played out.

1. DCE wants a million from manly
2. Manly say we can't do it
3. DCE very publicly shops around and signs for a mil at the Titans (no intention of actually going there)
4. Foran goes to the eels (legit) suddenly manly have the money and realise how fucked they are, beg DCE to stay and he says give me a mil and get rid of Toovey
5. This thread is created

No sympathy for the Titans whatsoever. They are a shit stain of a club and worse than Manly IMO. They are supposedly a Queensland club yet most of their players are Blues. They also have a shit record of junior development and prefer to recruit shitty players then develop their own. **** them IMO.

Can not agree more. I really hope we get confirmation of this soon because I am laughing my arse off

I've got plenty of sympathy for Graham Annersley and the board members.

They are trying their best to save this club, in an important area for Rugby League and the one break that could have made life a whole lot easier is threatening to walk away.

Without DCE the NRL can kiss the Titans goodbye within 3 years. They cannot afford these results and without anyone else on the market of that calibre, they'll struggle to even make the 8, let alone look like premiership contenders which is absolutely vital.

Sadly, I think this news story may have already hurt DCE's brand up here. People are going to have their doubts about him and he's going to be fighting an uphill battle from the get go.

STATEMENT FROM GOLD COAST TITANS CEO GRAHAM ANNESLEY
Regarding Daly Cherry-Evans...
“Following media speculation over the last few hours I have spoken directly with Gavin Orr and Chris Orr of Pacific Sports Management,” said Titans CEO Graham Annesley this evening.
“I have been assured that any suggestion Daly Cherry Evans will not be honouring his contract with the Titans is untrue.”

From the Big League facebook page.

Where there's smoke there's fire. It's the same old thing. Rumours start. CEO denies it. Then it happens.

“Following media speculation over the last few hours I have spoken directly with Gavin Orr and Chris Orr of Pacific Sports Management,” said Titans CEO Graham Annesley this evening.
“I have been assured that any suggestion Daly Cherry Evans will not be honouring his contract with the Titans is untrue.”

Is that like the CEO saying a coach has the full support of the board the week before he gets fired...

I wouldn't trust Gavin Orr.

He's not going to 'admit' that they used the Titans to get a better deal for DCE.

Remember how it was always DCE would never leave Sydney? Yeah as if that would have changed.

Here's how I reckon this played out.

1. DCE wants a million from manly
2. Manly say we can't do it
3. DCE very publicly shops around and signs for a mil at the Titans (no intention of actually going there)
4. Foran goes to the eels (legit) suddenly manly have the money and realise how fucked they are, beg DCE to stay and he says give me a mil and get rid of Toovey
5. This thread is created

Exactly this. It concerns me that DCE wants not only the halfback role, but a controlling stake in how the team is run. All the talk of him being Captain material, I question now whether it was people going "he should be their captain", or closer to DCE himself simply declaring that he wants to be captain.

Exactly this. It concerns me that DCE wants not only the halfback role, but a controlling stake in how the team is run. All the talk of him being Captain material, I question now whether it was people going "he should be their captain", or closer to DCE himself simply declaring that he wants to be captain.

I don't know what it is but there's always been something that made me unable to like him and it's not the team he plays for.

Maybe it's that he seems to have an arrogance that I don't think he's earned.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.