Dear NRL HQ & the media...

They have made the concussion issue political, the real issue is low tackles not head highs.

These clowns who haven't played a game of football, thinking V'landys is the messiah because he saved the game when every single sport in this country has survived Covid even the A-league which was on it's last legs even before covid happened. it makes me sick how obviously bias these clowns are, the paper bags are in clear sight.

The only real solutions that have come through i have seen have been the limitations on contact training like the NFL, I fully agree with this as would most people, they think they can guilt trip people into thinking the insignificant part of what creates concussions being heavily scrutinised is the only way to stop it but its all false.

Look at Jake friend the most recent and notable player in the last 10 years to retire purely from head knocks, his last few head knocks all came from him tackling not being clobbered with the ball high, it's fucking crickets when you try bring this up to these frauds.
The players are more angry about the lack of consultation before rule changes last year and the impact on the game than they are the concussion stuff. Fox Sports TV shows may as well be on Sky News after dark. Unwatchable.

If it was that easy why didn't the NFL use it?

Because Americans love litigation for basically anything, and the NFL weren't prepared to get into a long and costly legal battle with every tom, dick and harry that came forward claiming CTE.

Australia is not America, despite what the idiot journos think.

It must come down to grass roots footy.
Less and less parents are letting their kids get involved in contact sports due to risk of injury

I understand this year is a record for Junior registrations for the BRL at least. Funny thing is, in my opinion, you see a lot more foul play in juniors than the NRL ever had - and a lot of it goes without punishment.

The bottom line viewpoint of the likes of Kent and Hooper (judging by tonight's 360) is pretty much the players should just sit down, shut up and bow down to Dear Leader V'landys and the RLPA are a "toothless tiger" anyway so who gives a shit what they think clearly. Also I love how Hooper immediately tried to shut down discussion about data because he can't wrap his little brain around any of it without his eyes glazing over. **** me they're a pair of pig headed flogs.

The bottom line viewpoint of the likes of Kent and Hooper (judging by tonight's 360) is pretty much the players should just sit down, shut up and bow down to Dear Leader V'landys and the RLPA are a "toothless tiger" anyway so who gives a shit what they think clearly. Also I love how Hooper immediately tried to shut down discussion about data because he can't wrap his little brain around any of it without his eyes glazing over. **** me they're a pair of pig headed flogs.

you know what ... I actually hope they stay on the same path.

because eventually, every player will refuse to come on the show ... the show will be canned ... and we can celebrate

The way the shout over Lara is absolutely disgusting, I legitimately find it hard to watch. She is easily the smartest on that panel and each week she makes solid, well thought out points and last night especially Hooper was literally screaming over her to shut her up. I am amazed no-one at Fox has addressed this, not because I think they have integrity but in this day and age it is an awful look.

People shouldn't watch that garbage. James Hooper has proven himself constantly that he is a gutter journalist at best. A real piece of trash. Kent is a true fuckwit, we've known that for a long time.

We've been yelling at Phil Gould all these years, but he's just a passionate guy that loves the game, even though some of his ideas are silly. But at least he cares.

Hooper is in it for the sensationalism and a pay cheque.

People shouldn't watch that garbage. James Hooper has proven himself constantly that he is a gutter journalist at best. A real piece of trash. Kent is a true fuckwit, we've known that for a long time.

We've been yelling at Phil Gould all these years, but he's just a passionate guy that loves the game, even though some of his ideas are silly. But at least he cares.

Hooper is in it for the sensationalism and a pay cheque.

Yep. It's all about the next big story in their gossip columns to people like them. The newspapers can't die fast enough in my eyes.

Yep. It's all about the next big story in their gossip columns to people like them. The newspapers can't die fast enough in my eyes.

There are some good discussions on that show at times, I just fast forward past segments with Punchable Face. When it is only Kent, at least he can be drowned out by better contributors (which anyone else not named Hooper is). I like the segments with Graham / Benji, Toovs / Billy or whoever. It is just a shame baldy is on with Lara Pitt because she is decent to listen to.

There are some good discussions on that show at times, I just fast forward past segments with Punchable Face. When it is only Kent, at least he can be drowned out by better contributors (which anyone else not named Hooper is). I like the segments with Graham / Benji, Toovs / Billy or whoever. It is just a shame baldy is on with Lara Pitt because she is decent to listen to.
When i watch it, which is getting rarer and rarer, I pause it once it starts and go have a shower or get dinner or something. Then I can just fast forward whenever I want.

It shits me the way Hooper and Kent talk over the top of everyone and anyone, but in particularly Lara. She has more brains and sensible observations than the two of them put together and their treatment of her is appalling.

It shits me the way Hooper and Kent talk over the top of everyone and anyone, but in particularly Lara. She has more brains and sensible observations than the two of them put together and their treatment of her is appalling.
💯 mate, I was particularly digusted at the both of them doing it last night.

Seriously, how the **** does Hooper have a job.

in an article on the Fox Sports website, he is continuing his crusade against George Williams.

implying he is lying about being home sick because he is holidaying on the Gold Coast while he sorts out his contract situation with the Raiders and because a "beachside" club has apparently enquired about his availability for next season.

Seriously, how the **** does Hooper have a job.

in an article on the Fox Sports website, he is continuing his crusade against George Williams.

implying he is lying about being home sick because he is holidaying on the Gold Coast while he sorts out his contract situation with the Raiders and because a "beachside" club has apparently enquired about his availability for next season.
I used to think Badel was as bad as it gets. And along comes Hooper making Badel look like a Pulitzer Prize winner.

Kinda the same topic, but 12 of the 16 NRL clubs spent money on a consultant to look into the viability of what a 17th club would even add to the game and they found that financially it makes no sense, It will hurt existing clubs in Queensland and that is also with little assurance that the venture can even be profitable for itself: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...17th-team-doesn-t-add-up-20210623-p583o0.html

Active Now

• Browny
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.