Dearden: I'm not going anywhere

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
From the Courier Mail, Dearden says he has no interest in leaving the club and hasn't talked to anyone else despite the interest in him. here is what he has to say:

“There’s been talk about interest in me but I want to stay at the Broncos,” Dearden said.

“I have been with the club since I was 13 years old and I haven’t spoken to any other clubs about leaving.

“It’s not even in the picture for me.

“I am contracted to the Broncos until the end of next year and I have no plans to go anywhere. I have learnt a lot from the staff and the players, it’s somewhere where I want to continue my journey and learning my football.

“I know results haven’t been great this year but the Broncos are a massive club. The club has every resource here to succeed and the group, staff and players work together well.

“The club has a genuine interest in developing players as good men first and I like that aspect of the Broncos.

“It’s been a disappointing year on the field but I want to be a part of turning things around at the club and that’s why I want to stay.”

“Last year, I was a bit nervous and a bit tentative in games, but this year I feel more confident about doing my job and having an impact on the game,” he said.

“I definitely feel ready to make my mark on this team.

“I worked pretty hard physically in the off-season and I’m now 19, so I have developed a bit more maturity wise as well.

“I know I’ve got a long way to go, I haven’t done anything yet in the game, but I’m confident I can make it in the NRL and that’s my ambition.

“I am more confident speaking to the group and delivering orders. I have a really good opportunity now to take ownership of the No.7 jumper.

“At first I was a bit starstruck playing against a guy like Cooper Cronk, but then I realised there is where I want to be, the NRL is where I want to belong and I want to make my mark.”

How refreshing!
Sign more Dearden’s and we will be right.

Didnt Fifita say something similar?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'm guessing the Titans will go hard for him and Haas and then at the Gold Coast you will have:

1. Niu / Brimson
6. Boyd
7. Dearden
8. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Tino

There are the building blocks of the Gold Coast's first premiership.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'm guessing the Titans will go hard for him and Haas and then at the Gold Coast you will have:

1. Niu / Brimson
6. Boyd
7. Dearden
8. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Tino

There are the building blocks of the Gold Coast's first premiership.

I honestly dont think Dearden will leave tbh, but i dont believe anything these players say to the press.

I honestly dont think Dearden will leave tbh, but i dont believe anything these players say to the press.

I'm curious why he was interviewed in the first place?

Media looking at BHQ and trying to make headlines, it is pretty much the media's MO.

Agreed, yet I also wonder if the club also is trying damage control and initiating interviews like this. Either way, it's great that Dearden declared his loyalty. That's what it's all about. Isn't it.

“It’s been a disappointing year on the field but I want to be a part of turning things around at the club and that’s why I want to stay.”

This is my favourite part of the article, just like it was my favourite part of the "Farnworth re-signs" article. Let's get it done lads!

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.