Demetriou gone

You guys don't remember how great our attack was in 2015..?? That's when Walters was in charge of the halves and attack.
Next year we were shit.
So Wayne got him back only to not give him the same feedoms he had in 15 (cause he was threatened by an assistant over shinning him)
So kevvie left, stating r re the "wanted to just focus on origin"
Truth is Walters was getting constantly undermined and had his hands tied

The most successful coach in rugby league history threatened by an assistant?

You might be selling it but I'm not buying it

Wayne refusing to listen to his assistant, refusing to embrace new ideas, and saying my way or the highway....this I can believe, but it would be because Wayne is stubborn and genuinely believes his old way is better than the new way, not because he is threatened

Every league coach knows only success can guarantee your job, and the idea that Wayne would think Kevvie's ways might bring success but he won't do it in case Kevvie gets too much credit is really silly

If he thought Kev's way would get the job done he would do it, he just didn't think it would

I don’t even buy in to this theory that our 2015 was mostly Walters. When did that become accepted truth?

Broken record here, but we performed off our defence. Even when we were ripping teams apart, it was because we were frustrating the **** out of them with our dominant defence. Blair was fucking owning the ruck and teams had little answers for it. Frustration and errors crept in, fatigue, and with that came space and time for Milford and Hunt to run riot.

I don’t even buy in to this theory that our 2015 was mostly Walters. When did that become accepted truth?

Broken record here, but we performed off our defence. Even when we were ripping teams apart, it was because we were frustrating the **** out of them with our dominant defence. Blair was fucking owning the ruck and teams had little answers for it. Frustration and errors crept in, fatigue, and with that came space and time for Milford and Hunt to run riot.

Agree with this, pretty fair summary.

That run into the 2015 semis, Blair was an absolute beast.

The most successful coach in rugby league history threatened by an assistant?

You might be selling it but I'm not buying it

Wayne refusing to listen to his assistant, refusing to embrace new ideas, and saying my way or the highway....this I can believe, but it would be because Wayne is stubborn and genuinely believes his old way is better than the new way, not because he is threatened

Every league coach knows only success can guarantee your job, and the idea that Wayne would think Kevvie's ways might bring success but he won't do it in case Kevvie gets too much credit is really silly

If he thought Kev's way would get the job done he would do it, he just didn't think it would
He's also got a massive ego. So the second the papers and fans start correlating the halves successful form to Walters and not Bennett that couldn't be. So he started over calling him. Walters eventually being shut out of the role he was bought there to do stepped out

Yeah that's all fair.

But people have been saying 2015 was Milford's best year. And that's when.Hunt was at the peak of his powers. Running.

That has all but disappeared. We were the entertainers that year. Their attack was at least more exciting? Scoring tries from either end of the field, Milford and Niko in open space.

I dunno.. I thought we've not seemed that confident with ball in hand since then

Its was all Kearny and Dodds mate you know that.

He's also got a massive ego. So the second the papers and fans start correlating the halves successful form to Walters and not Bennett that couldn't be. So he started over calling him. Walters eventually being shut out of the role he was bought there to do stepped out

For this to be definitely true would require two things,

1 - Wayne's stupidity to be bigger than his ego (because he would rather fail on his own than succeed as a team)

2 - you to have inside knowledge (because you are claiming to know what Wayne did and why he did it)

I do not believe either of these to be true

Bennett cheats Broncos one last time, puppies almost certainly killed.
I absolutely love it. WB very very cleverly predicted what the snotty futurists at the Bronco's were planning and arranged things in such a way that JD retained his dignity, got paid and had a job to go to. Total win for WB, truly still looking out for those he holds dear. I love the Bronco's but that doesn't mean I like the board. They were as dirty as anyone in the whole sordid affair. Roll on 2019 and AS's Bronco's.

Another urban myth, WB has a massive ego. More likely he has little interest in dick measuring and he absolutely hated big noting in his players and I have little doubt he would never rate himself like you claim. In short I think your claim is pure and unadulterated shit.

I really think Walters or not, after the gf the confidence was shot. No doubt Kev contributed to our success in ‘15, and by the same token, Wayne deserves most of the credit for that season, as the figure head, however large Walters role was. But Wayne must also take his share of the blame for how it ended. Kev less so. The players mostly of course. But without a shred of doubt, Walters was an asset that season, and we probably would not have had such a great season without him.

Another urban myth, WB has a massive ego. More likely he has little interest in dick measuring and he absolutely hated big noting in his players and I have little doubt he would never rate himself like you claim. In short I think your claim is pure and unadulterated shit.
Nothing wrong with the head coach having a huge ego as long as he deserves it and really it’s expected, isn’t it? Sort of means he’s heading in the right direction.
However the ‘man in the mirror’ clearly states who is most important. Basically **** the rest.
You should read it sometime.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the head coach having a huge ego as long as he deserves it and really it’s expected, isn’t it? Sort of means he’s heading in the right direction.
However the ‘man in the mirror’ clearly states who is most important. Basically **** the rest.
Mmm, okay. I'll check it out. My observation about the majority of people is that they are unable to differentiate between a person with a huge ego and a person who truly knows who and what they are. An example. The world's fastest man over 100 metres states that 'of the people who run professionally I am the fastest'. A simple statement of fact. He may simply be stating it for any one of a variety of reasons.

At the same time many people would call him an egotist, a braggard or he's up himself etc. If Steven Hawking had said in his robotic voice that he had advanced science he would be stating a fact as valid as any of the hundreds of facts he had used or established. It seems that many people cannot handle the person concerned stating such facts but have absolutely no problem with that same statement if it's made by any other human being, just as long as it's not one particular person! It's not always ego.

Ha ha, I found two such books with the that title. A famous one and WBs book too. I'm guessing you were referring to WBs.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.