Demetriou gone

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Renegade, Dec 6, 2018.

1. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

Off to the Rabbits after all

2. Foordy

Foordy

So much for the Rabbits story that they were happy with what they had even after losing several key support staff to us

3. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

Happy for JD. Got a bit of time for him. He’ll be the pea at Rabbits soon enough.

Locky's Left Boot and Thelmus like this.
  4. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

No shock really. I still think brisbane should have kept him on “gardening leave” to screw with bennett after him blasting the club and bs’ing about not planning on bringing demetriou to souths. Demetriou would have still been getting paid but it would have screwed bennetts pre-season..

5. You can't really halt a family and their life for a year just at some stupid attempt to get back at an ex employee.

Locky's Left Boot, KickHaas and Rico like this.
  6. Lockysillegitimatechild

Halt a family and their life? If my employees said to me I would be on “gardening leave” for a year I hardly doubt I’d be going home in tears, I’d be jumping for the moon! And how is it getting back at an ex employee if bennett blasted the club and proclaimed he wasnt going to bring him to souths? Are you implying bennett was lying the whole time?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. I didn't imply anything about Bennett, what is it with you and making stupidly wild assumptions like that, and then posting as if members said something that their post didn't even reference?

You might be jumping for the moon, and well that's awesome. But from all accounts, it would seem that JD wants to be a head coach. A year of no development, and no experience in the role doesn't sound like a decision that would benefit his future career.

KickHaas likes this.
  8. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

yeah but imagine his garden after 1 year? epic.

9. Lockysillegitimatechild

How is that a wild jump? If the broncos were punishing bennett by keeping jason demetriou from going to souths it would mean bennett was lying in his initial press conference. You said they would be doing it to get back at him, how if he wasnt planning on bringing him? Are you implying bennett was therefore lying? Note the question mark, I didnt jump to any conclusions otherwise why would I ask it as a question?
    Also, I doubt that would hold his career back in anyway whatsoever. If he was doing no self decelopment over a year long break do you really think he would be a candidate for a head coach role?

10. I didn't imply a thing about Bennett. I responded to you.

11. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

You can’t be happy with what you have when there is nothing to be happy about.

12. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    JD finally finished the gardens and has been excused

13. Saw an article earlier.

"New South Sydney coach gets his man"

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Souths don't want any of Wayne's staff from the Broncos because they're happy with what's there now. Wayne says he is happy with the South Sydney staff so won't be bringing anyone with him. The Broncos fire Demetriou. Souths sign Demetriou and the media makes it out to be some kind of coup for Wayne and the club. FMD these muppets are killing me.

Morkel, Nashy, Kimlo and 3 others like this.
  14. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    I hope Bennett is more than happy with his staff and players. That way, he can keep his filthy old hands off ours

15. Sensible move by Demetriou, he can try for the St George job if it comes up during next year and if not hold the fort and try and replace Bennett at Souths.

16. It's common to take your assistants with you, and I have no doubt Wayne always wanted to bring JD along, but he got told by the club he couldn't

Of course he is going to say he is happy with the assistants Souths are giving him.....what else can he say?

With JD's sacking, Wayne will have gone to old Rusty and said sign up this up and coming star right now, so he did :)

Simples :)

Locky's Left Boot and Thelmus like this.
  17. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

Sounds like a good news story all round. I'm not sure why anyone would think it a good idea to be vindictive to either Bennet, Demetriou or South's.
    We need to be focussed on our own future and developing what we have.
    That means establishing a long term plan to develop pathways for local juniors, build up the skills, resilliance and athleticism of younger players, whilst giving a platform for senior players deemed worthy to be leaders.
    None of that involves former coaches or opposition clubs.

Locky's Left Boot, john1420 and Kimlo like this.
  18. To clarify, by Muppets I meant the media. Got no issue with what Wayne said or Souths signing JD etc. It's just funny that the article I read made it sound like this was their intention all along and they'd been going hard for JD.

john1420 likes this.
    Don't think we will truly see Jason's value until he steps out of WBs shadow