Demetriou gone

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Renegade, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Alec

Alec International Rep

He'll get a job somewhere else. Being Wayne's number 2 is probably a good thing to have on your resume.

2. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

JD played it pretty bad at the Broncos. Probably moved there to get the gig after Bennett. Has gone a bit belly up for him. A miscalculation after a rapid rise in recent years.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    Didn’t Wayne come out saying he was sad and disappointed his henchmen have no jobs now? Why can’t he take JD with him to Souths?

I think it's because the Souths hierarchy just don't want him. They are happy with who they have there.

4. I think Bennett has screwed over his staff.

Yeah they got paid, but if he just swallowed his pride and kept his ego out of it and just finished his contract then his staff would have had a lot more time to try and secure jobs. Now they are unemployed.

soup and jarro65 like this.
  5. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

But it was untenable. Everyone said he should leave now. He seriously can't win.

6. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Yep , some people just love pointing the finger. Must make em feel better about themselves.

7. There is a reason it became untenable. It has something to do with what I said in my previous comment.

The Broncos were more than happy to let him see out his contract.

8. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Do you honestly believe that ?

Accept likes this.
  9. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

We have no choice but to believe that. Bennett and the club have made sure of that.

10. Yeah, that's pretty well known now..

The board's plan to begin with was for Bennett to see out his contract but he wanted it his way.

11. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Yes. Why wouldn't they? If Bennett could have acted like a grown up it would have been the best case scenario. They wouldn't have had to worry about putting certain players offside, and having him here for his last season as a Bronco would have been a licence to print money. "Be there to see the last time Bennett faces Bellemy as a Broncos coach" etc. etc.

Sproj likes this.
  12. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

So how does the "see out his final year" offer align with the "untenable" meme?
    I can't see how people believe Bennett is the devil, the club has acted honorably in all things. All us plebs don't know the full facts but I can't believe both sides aren't responsible in part.

Huge, john1420, broncospwn and 2 others like this.
  13. Morkel

Morkel

But was it though...?

14. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Sorry but I don't believe that they did, it was just a games played between all parties to get what they wanted. Which I believe was souths wanted Bennett, Broncos wanted seibold , I think Bennett wanted to stay but push came to shove and in the end he wanted money and to be sacked so he didn't have to walk and seibold obviously wanted to be a Bronco all for 2019.

15. Sproj

Sproj

It is certainly possible.

It also wouldn't be silly to think the Broncs did want Bennett as coach for 19 to maximise on what they could from a Bennett swansong year. They could then have had the most promising young coach in the business come in for 20 which was when his original contract expired and have Bennett in a mentoring role for Siebs and the players. If I was in the management position at the Broncs, this is CERTAINLY the outcome I would have been looking for.

16. pagey

pagey NRL Player

I'm not saying I'm right but it was just never going to work, media and outside pressure would of killed us.
    I also remember Rodger Wilco post that Brisbane wanted Bennett gone so who knows.

17. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

From what we’ve seen of Seibs so far he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants or would listen to a mentor.

18. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

If the board didn't actively seek out a replacement coach for 2019 (Bellamy) when Bennett had a contract, none of this would have happened.

Cult3 likes this.
  19. heartly87

heartly87 QCup Player

JD did not improve anything while he was here. Our defense got worse and our attack also was bland. 2015 was our best year for both attack and defence.