Demetriou gone

I think JD (like Walters) has been treated pretty contemptuously by the club. It may have been an inevitable consequence of this whole mess but at the very least this guy deserved to know sooner his job was gone a lot earlier than what has been said.
His departure would be understandable except they interviewed for the head job, knowing the whole interview process was a joke at his expense. Ive gotten the impression his job was forfeit the moment they lost that final. He should have been told then.

Bennett did hint at part of the reason he wanted to stay was because of the support staff.
Apparently Souths told Bennett he can't bring anyone with him as they're happy with who they have (or have left...).

As a Broncos fan, I couldn't care less if JD is gone, he's shown nothing to suggest he's worth keeping, but I do feel sorry for the guy.

Then again, he would have got a full payout and if he's as good as the word around says he is, he'll surely land a gig somewhere else as an assistant. Green fell apart without him, so maybe the Cows want him back.

He'll get a job somewhere else. Being Wayne's number 2 is probably a good thing to have on your resume.

JD played it pretty bad at the Broncos. Probably moved there to get the gig after Bennett. Has gone a bit belly up for him. A miscalculation after a rapid rise in recent years.

Last edited:
Didn’t Wayne come out saying he was sad and disappointed his henchmen have no jobs now? Why can’t he take JD with him to Souths?

Didn’t Wayne come out saying he was sad and disappointed his henchmen have no jobs now? Why can’t he take JD with him to Souths?

I think it's because the Souths hierarchy just don't want him. They are happy with who they have there.

I think Bennett has screwed over his staff.

Yeah they got paid, but if he just swallowed his pride and kept his ego out of it and just finished his contract then his staff would have had a lot more time to try and secure jobs. Now they are unemployed.

I think Bennett has screwed over his staff.

Yeah they got paid, but if he just swallowed his pride and kept his ego out of it and just finished his contract then his staff would have had a lot more time to try and secure jobs. Now they are unemployed.
But it was untenable. Everyone said he should leave now. He seriously can't win.

But it was untenable. Everyone said he should leave now. He seriously can't win.

Yep , some people just love pointing the finger. Must make em feel better about themselves.

There is a reason it became untenable. It has something to do with what I said in my previous comment.

The Broncos were more than happy to let him see out his contract.

There is a reason it became untenable. It has something to do with what I said in my previous comment.

The Broncos were more than happy to let him see out his contract.

Do you honestly believe that ?

Do you honestly believe that ?

Yes. Why wouldn't they? If Bennett could have acted like a grown up it would have been the best case scenario. They wouldn't have had to worry about putting certain players offside, and having him here for his last season as a Bronco would have been a licence to print money. "Be there to see the last time Bennett faces Bellemy as a Broncos coach" etc. etc.

So how does the "see out his final year" offer align with the "untenable" meme?
I can't see how people believe Bennett is the devil, the club has acted honorably in all things. All us plebs don't know the full facts but I can't believe both sides aren't responsible in part.

Yeah, that's pretty well known now..

The board's plan to begin with was for Bennett to see out his contract but he wanted it his way.

Sorry but I don't believe that they did, it was just a games played between all parties to get what they wanted. Which I believe was souths wanted Bennett, Broncos wanted seibold , I think Bennett wanted to stay but push came to shove and in the end he wanted money and to be sacked so he didn't have to walk and seibold obviously wanted to be a Bronco all for 2019.

Sorry but I don't believe that they did, it was just a games played between all parties to get what they wanted. Which I believe was souths wanted Bennett, Broncos wanted seibold , I think Bennett wanted to stay but push came to shove and in the end he wanted money and to be sacked so he didn't have to walk and seibold obviously wanted to be a Bronco all for 2019.

It is certainly possible.

It also wouldn't be silly to think the Broncs did want Bennett as coach for 19 to maximise on what they could from a Bennett swansong year. They could then have had the most promising young coach in the business come in for 20 which was when his original contract expired and have Bennett in a mentoring role for Siebs and the players. If I was in the management position at the Broncs, this is CERTAINLY the outcome I would have been looking for.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.