Denan Kemp - what a loss

They have lost a shitload of talent for not a whole lot of gain. Unfortunately I reckon the boys may struggle next year.

There are players who when they take the ball up you cringe that they will knock on

and their are player who look like they are going to break the line almost every time they take it up Kemp played the season as that player. He will end up being a great attacking weapon, one that exist the crowd

I was having a chat with Kemp a little while ago and these are his words:

"You tell me mate, is losing 5 players really worth 1."

he was pretty shattered when we spoke. He also hinted that there are a few players at the club who are not happy about it, and Izzy will really have to step up straight away when he gets here and really make an impression.

Imagine if he blows a knee first game...might as well just flush the 1.6 mill they paid for him.

Aeetee said:

he was pretty shattered when we spoke. He also hinted that there are a few players at the club who are not happy about it, and Izzy will really have to step up straight away when he gets here and really make an impression.

Imagine if he blows a knee first game...might as well just flush the 1.6 mill they paid for him.

I really hope people don't direct their anger towards Izzy over all the players leaving.

The club made the decision to pay for him, not Izzy.

FWIW, i agree with whomever said Kemp will be back after his contract expires at the Warriors.

Chances are he'll be a superstar by then.

ningnangnong said:
Aeetee said:

I really hope people don't direct their anger towards Izzy over all the players leaving.

The club made the decision to pay for him, not Izzy.

FWIW, i agree with whomever said Kemp will be back after his contract expires at the Warriors.

Chances are he'll be a superstar by then.

I hope they don't take it out on him too, players and supporters alike. And although i'm feeling sceptical at this stage, i'm still giving all concerned the benefit of the doubt until next year. It still could turn out to be one of the best pruchases we've made, we'll just have to wait and see.

And on the possibility of Kemp returning - I may be mistaken but wasn't he quoted just after doing the deal with the Warriors saying that he'll seriously consider appraoching Brisbane after a stint in NZ? Saying something like given the situation at the club (cap squeeze), he'd be silly not to take this opportunity to play overseas while he can, but he'd love to return after that.

A lot can happen in that time and apart from the possibility of us not needing him or his form dropping away, he may end up perfectly happy over there.

All irrelevant at this time though, we have to move on and hopefully bring in a fitting replacement. A few people are backing Yow Yeh, so hopefully we won't lose out too much.

I don't think he meant they would take there frustrations out on him, seeing as he is probably good friends with a few of them anyway through Origin etc.. more like the hype better be worth the price or they let him know.

It won't JUST be Folau I'm sure, (well that will be the main reason anyway) certain other players will be getting their contracts upgraded also.

I'd love to see him come back but who knows where we'll be in terms of players in two years time..

I have almost no doubt some kind of stupid injury will happen to Izzy and we will be left looking like idiots for letting Kemp go.

kyle93 said:
Yep, massive loss. What did we offer him, and what $ will he be getting at the Warriors?

I heard we barely offered much more than the $60k base contract.

At the end of the day the club dudded Moon, Kemp and Boyd. I believe Bennet when he says that none of these guys wanted to leave, they were just told they werent required or offered shit money.

Doesnt make much sense to me considering last year boyd, michaels, moon, and eastwood were all re-signed only for half of them to be let go a year later? Our recruitment and retention going into next season has been shocking.

badav said:
kyle93 said:
Yep, massive loss. What did we offer him, and what $ will he be getting at the Warriors?

At the end of the day the club dudded Moon, Kemp and Boyd. I believe Bennet when he says that none of these guys wanted to leave, they were just told they werent required or offered shit money.

Doesnt make much sense to me considering last year boyd, michaels, moon, and eastwood were all re-signed only for half of them to be let go a year later? Our recruitment and retention going into next season has been shocking.

Agreed. I am firmly convinced Folau, talent as he is, was a very poor move.

badav said:
kyle93 said:

Honestly, if that's the case i don't blame 'em.

On another note, would Bennett leaving have much to do with it?? As in, him thinking, "well im not gonna be here next year so who cares if we let em go".

Just a thought...

bob the Smasher said:
badav said:
kyle93 said:

Agreed. I am firmly convinced Folau, talent as he is, was a very poor move.

It's easy to say that now with the benefit of hindsight.

kyle93 said:
badav said:
kyle93 said:

Honestly, if that's the case i don't blame 'em.

On another note, would Bennett leaving have much to do with it?? As in, him thinking, "well im not gonna be here next year so who cares if we let em go".

Just a thought...
\\

The club didnt dud kemp they made a decision remember the warriors deal was done a while ago now, Kemp got 250k at the warriors if we matched that we would all of gone of our head at that time for paying that much. He is much more a player now that he was then. Right decision made

I'd trade Kemp for Michaels right now in an instant.

Hell, I'd rather Kemp than Hodges. Justin has been woeful this year.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.