Denan Kemp - what a loss

60k for a bloke who is playing first grade every week. great move there.

he probably got 250k from the warriors, but over 2 - 3 seasons.

badav said:
60k for a bloke who is playing first grade every week. great move there.

he probably got 250k from the warriors, but over 2 - 3 seasons.
They signed him for 2 seasons.

Wasn't he signed for 3 years?

Well that's good, we can get him back in 2 years :)

Big, big loss. Hopefully he'll be back in two years.

I don't see as much of the reserve teams as some here do ... but surely Bennett has to take some of the blame for losing Kemp ... wasn't he looking the goods 2 full years ago ? ... so what if he was raw at that point ... Boyd was complete garbage at that stage and we had Tupou running about also

Speed is such a rare commodity these days in an era of hulking athletes ... somebody like him needs to be groomed early and you have to wear his mistakes for the greater good in the long term

he's exciting to watch ... thats for sure

Hannant, Eastwood and Kemp ... bad losses all 3 of them

Oink !

Kemp - sad to see him go cos he is an attacking weapon but I think his loss is somewhat compensated by buying FALOU

Hannant - had an awesome start to the season, played Origin and then was so-so

Ennis - organising the forwards is something PJ can do. You'll see he is a more aggressive and quicker hooker than Ennis, but lacks Ennis' kicking game. Plus Ennis, really, now that he is a Bulldog, is a bit of an onfield stirrer/grub.

Carroll - His defence and experience is what we will miss. Really worried about the forwards for 2009. No leader.

BUT at the back end of 08 we have seen the style of football that Henjak wants to play and it is moving away from the old school Broncos steamroller approach. We've got a pretty mobile forward pack next year and if we can get them going forward we will be right.

very sorry to see him go and at least he can stand in good company, 4 tries in a game, The Pearl, Sailor and Kemp. (I'm sure I missed one...)

subsbligh said:
organising the forwards is something PJ can do.
Unless he suddenly learns it during the off-season I highly doubt it. He has never really shown any ability in this area. He's more of a "service to the halfback" type of hooker.

Burg said:
very sorry to see him go and at least he can stand in good company, 4 tries in a game, The Pearl, Sailor and Kemp. (I'm sure I missed one...)
Hodges icon_thumbs_u

Yeah, hurry up and score 5 tries someone. The record list is too long!

When did Karmichael score 4 tries in a game?

Correct Rock. It was a "baby broncos" game in 2004 too. No Origin players available. Broncos won 48-24 or something ridiculous.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.