Denan Kemp - what a loss

Kemp has been my favorite player this year - Yes - even just nudging out Locky [icon_ee

I'm very very sad to see him go. I would love to see him back here one day. Good luck to him - he deserves it.

Seems like such a nice guy too. Our Dads are good mates and he is from a lovely family.

He'll be in a maroon jersey in a year or two anyway

I doubt it somehow. I don't think Queensland likes picking small wingers.

Coxy said:
I doubt it somehow. I don't think Queensland likes picking small wingers.

He's brilliant in the air though, so i'm sure they'll pick him, Hodges, he's tall, but what a **** he is under the high ball.

Hodges has always been pathetic under the high ball. Right back to his debut season when he filled in at fullback when Locky was on Origin duty. He'd let the ball bounce half the time.

He's a cat.

And yet some people want to move him to fullback next season...

Not I said the fly!

If we move Hunt from fullback, then Josh Hoffman comes in.

/discussion

Coxy said:
Not I said the fly!

/discussion

Agreed. But why would we move Hodges from the centres anyway?

bronco_babe77 said:
Coxy said:
Not I said the fly!

/discussion

Agreed. But why would we move Hodges from the centres anyway?

To accommodate Hunt at lock, which i don't think is the right thing to do anyway.

I'll miss Kemp but Folau is a great buy. Has the potential to be one of the best backs in the game. Folau is also great from a marketing viewpoint. The club has had a shocking week and I think many supporters are disillusioned with all of the antics. Folau is talented, clean cut, respectful and someone the young kids can look up to. I exect he'll be on the cover of all season memberships for next season - and why wouldn't he be?

I reckon Folau would be a bit spooked by the carry on in the last week to be honest. I bet he's wondering what culture he's walking into.

Coxy said:
I reckon Folau would be a bit spooked by the carry on in the last week to be honest. I bet he's wondering what culture he's walking into.
Ivan will be giving him a call and letting him know the culture is about to change.

Kemp for Michaels for sure.

Kemp's gone, we have to just cop it on the chin.

The salary cap rewards mediocre sides. Look at the Sharks and Manly.
They have a solid group of average players, with little or few genuine stars. That means that they can keep them all together as a group and build that way.

I'm very excited about Folau coming over, but I'd rather have kept Eastwood, Kemp, Boyd and Moon for the money we're giving Izzy.

kyle93 said:
badav said:
kyle93 said:
Yep, massive loss. What did we offer him, and what $ will he be getting at the Warriors?

I heard we barely offered much more than the $60k base contract.

At the end of the day the club dudded Moon, Kemp and Boyd. I believe Bennet when he says that none of these guys wanted to leave, they were just told they werent required or offered shit money.

Doesnt make much sense to me considering last year boyd, michaels, moon, and eastwood were all re-signed only for half of them to be let go a year later? Our recruitment and retention going into next season has been shocking.
Honestly, if that's the case i don't blame 'em.

On another note, would Bennett leaving have much to do with it?? As in, him thinking, "well im not gonna be here next year so who cares if we let em go".

Just a thought...

I don't think that was the case. I don't think any of these blokes (moon, kemp, boyd) wanted to leave the Broncos. Its obvious that the club was under huge salary cap pressure after signing Isreal Folau.

And i don't believe for a minute that Kemp got $250K from the warriors. Exxagerated media reports.

I have never posted on these forums but i am a long time lurker. But thought i'd let you guys know a few things.
A mate of mine knows Denan very very well, and it is true, they only offered him 60k a year that's it - apparently it came from bruno as Ivan is a huge fan of denans - believing in him before even wayne. The warriors offered nowhere near what it is rumored he is getting, if you guys knew how cheaply they got him you would be storming broncos admin hq.
I gotta tell ya, it does get to me a little when i see you guys saying "how improved he is" as if he never really showed that he was capable of this. I know you guys mean it as a compliment, but those who know denan and have watched him, know that he always showed that kind of talent but just needed a shot.
To add a bit of insult to injury a few stats on him: he is the fastest over forty meters in the history of the broncos. They also believe if he wanted he could run at the Aussie titles 100m. I have heard that it is rumored he could right now run about a 10.5-10.6 in a 100m, and if he trained at it, well who knows.
also: he used to run an even meaner 400m, being the state champ years in a row, and the year he decided to concentrate on the 800m he was the australian champ.
Also my friend heard from his brother that Denan was the first kid ever to win the 100m 200m 800m and cross-country at state titles in a single year.
Trust me according to his bro (they are really close), the sky is the limit for this kid.
I just thought i'd let you guys know some inside fact, 'cause you have been real good to him on these forums.
Oh, and broncosbabe is right, he is just a humble kid, that just says it feels like he hasn't woken up from a dream yet.

Nice post, thanks. I've always rated him. A player like Boyd is an 'improver', where Kemp is, as you say, pure talent.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.