Depressed Seymour may have tried to take his own life: wife

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/seymour-car-crash-could-been-attempted-suicide/1783446/

A CAR crash involving former Broncos, Cronulla and Warriors player Brett Seymour may have been an attempted suicide.

Now playing for Hull in the English Super League, the 28-year-old was taken to hospital after his BMW hit two parked cars and flipped onto its roof on Sunday night.

He escaped serious injury and was released from hopsital the following day.

But on a Facebook page set up to allow well wishers to send their messages of support, his wife Roseanne posted that her husband had been suffering from depression.

"I'm suffering from severe shock that my husband was so desperate and could attempt such a horrific thing," she wrote.

"He is getting the help he needs and your support has helped greatly.

"Depression is a silent killer - I want each and every one of you to know that we feel so grateful to you."

Seymour was sacked by Brisbane Broncos in 2006 and the Cronulla Sharks in 2009 for alcohol-related incidents.

He received a seven-month driving ban in November 2011 at the end of his time with the Warriors after being convicted of drink-driving and failing to stop for police.

So sad.

He has a lot of natural talent as a footballer.

It'd be great to see him get back to playing the game as we all know he can.

I wonder if it stems from him being a complete fuckwit and blowing all his chances?

Crashing your shiny BMW because of depression (and not the more likely scenario of just being drunk). I'll send him some flowers.

Feel sorry for the guy, I hope he can recover :)

If you really need to kill yourself do it properly 1st time and dont involve other people and there property . What a complete idiot , lock him up in jail:sleep:

Last edited:
If you really need to kill yourself do it properly 1st time and dont involve other people and there property . What a complete idiot , lock him up in jail:sleep:

Fredie, grow up.

This is just stupid dude and normally I love posting stupid shit just for a bite.

Did you have to much to drink Fredie

I stand by what i meant , he should be locked up until he wakes up and grows up from his stupid suicide trip , he could have killed innocent people so f99k him , he is a danger to the public , his proved that , if he was man enough he would seek help

Locking someone up won't help them 'grow up' from a suicide trip as you put it, If anything it would make the matter worse. He obviously needs help and you're right he is a danger to other people but sometimes seeking helping isn't a matter of being man enough. So many guys are raised with the idea that a real man doesn't need help, that by seeking helps and admitting failure he isn't really a man. It's not a good way to think however it's what some people have grown up believing.

Instead of saying "Hey, Man up" or "Act like a man" it should be "You're not alone and I wanna help you."

Fredie, should we lock up the returned serviceman so they can sort their issues out?

I know/knew a couple of the lads who suicided from PTSD/Depression.

My better half had depression for a while and she had similar thoughts. Medication and counselling are the cures not locking them up.

Lock up the DANGEROUS one's , untill meds and therapy works , chill out you depressed psycho's

Lock up the DANGEROUS one's , untill meds and therapy works , chill out you depressed psycho's

Go home Fredie youre drunk.

Okay mate I'll go into a little more detail about my personal life just so you might understand.

My wife during her depression appeared perfectly normal however when she was driving the car she would have thoughts of just driving into a pole. What stopped her were the kids in the car.

I had no idea until she called me at work and told me.

Was she dangerous? Fucken oath! But how would you know?

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.