NEWS Dodgy Deal: Broncos accused of deception by Schoolboys captain

I was really surprised to read this. One would have thought, manager interference or not, that this kid would have learned something from the Hass situation. Broncos need to stand strong, and reinforce the stance that was taken with Payne. Standing strong - short term pain for long term gain.

It's incredible how dumb some are, and it's more incredible how Dumb people like Karl and Payne are for doing the shit they have done. What goes on in their heads?

homer brain GIF

If he will never play for us I guess he will be bored for the next few years?
If it is shown that we havent done anything wrong (which is atm still not confirmed by the NRL) then he honours the contract or we release him on terms that for the duration he won't be released to the Dolphins. Just like the Warriors did with Walsh

we release him on terms that for the duration he won't be released to the Dolphins. Just like the Warriors did with Walsh
That's actually a pretty genius suggestion. He's cooked his goose with us, but there's no way Wayne should benefit from it.

Or, he can go to another club - not the Dolphins - but the contract amount remains. Even better, it has to be the Warriors. We owe them one.

I was really surprised to read this. One would have thought, manager interference or not, that this kid would have learned something from the Hass situation. Broncos need to stand strong, and reinforce the stance that was taken with Payne. Standing strong - short term pain for long term gain.
I think this is an intentional strategy to remove a negotiated option of him seeing out the contract.Trying to convice NRL or anyone else that it is untenable and that a return to the club isnt going work for either party.

It's incredible how dumb some are, and it's more incredible how Dumb people like Karl and Payne are for doing the shit they have done. What goes on in their heads?

Judging by that wording, he is clearly trying to place himself in the market to represent young, impressionable Polynesian kids. I'm sure he says everything they want to hear in terms of the family being most important (so therefore make the most money you can quickly to "pay your parents and family bacK", support them with the rare gift you've been given etc). Obviously those values aren't isolated to certain demographics, but they are definitely the things you say to appeal to them.

Only allow a release to the warriors. They’re the only club in recent history who have been reasonable to deal with. If he doesn’t want to go to nz then he can rot in reserve grade for three years.

If it is shown that we havent done anything wrong (which is atm still not confirmed by the NRL) then he honours the contract or we release him on terms that for the duration he won't be released to the Dolphins. Just like the Warriors did with Walsh
Problem is with that is we need the Dolphins onside so we have to stay in their good books or they won't take the next Jamayne Isaako ( Tesi Niu ) off our hands when we want to offload him.

Pretty strong position here. His managers set the tone asking for changes in June/July. He can join in and play as a broncos, or sit out his contract length.

They sacked the former manager 2 days before he signed the current contract, clearly they know best.....

I have to ask why any manager would agree to represent him.

He let his previous manager do all the work to negotiate a contract he was happy with (at the time of signing), only to sack him just before it was signed in a bid to deny the manager his pay day

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.