NEWS Dodgy Deal: Broncos accused of deception by Schoolboys captain

"I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live."

Whoever advised the kid that making such a definitive statement was OK needs to be seriously questioned. If the kid came out with that statement off his own bat the club should be rightly concerned as to his mental stability.

Thing that's a bit odd in all this is we are saying the NRL said we did nothing wrong but him, his management and the NRL auditor are saying the investigation isn't even finished yet. Why as a club would we lie about it.

He's been in the Academy since he was 13yrs old ... talk about biting the hand that feeds you .. kick the ungrateful prat out of the nest and see how he flies out there, we'll be sure to give him a hearty welcome when he comes back with whichever mob gives him his thirty pieces of silver.
He's a Redcliffe Junior so I can see why he would want to play there, but there are ways to go about things and acting like a toddler who can't get his own way isn't one of them.

This is where DD and Benny Ikin really earn their corn. Resolving the issue with Haas was admirable. This one seems intractable.

The NRL hasn't turned a blind eye. It's backed the Broncos. But it does look like the onus has been placed on the Broncos as to what to do next: they can destroy this kid's life (or next three years in rugby league) or they can draw a line through him. I don't think there's a lot to be gained by appeasing the more vindictive nature of fans wanting revenge, but a precedent does need to be set. In that sense, it should be up to the NRL to be the tough guy.

I'm not sure they have the teeth to punish the Dolphins given at this point they are denying everything and the kid is making it about the Broncos. But they certainly could prevent him from playing in the NRL.
The nrl need to make the example, not the broncos.
I’m very keen on the “vindictive” route however.

The drama this kid brings “I will never play for the broncos” 😂 ok champ, you shall not play for three years…eat a bag of sand!

Definitely stick to our guns.

Don't let the **** play any sport professionally for the next 3 years ... and if we can stop him playing for a QLD Cup club, then we should do that too.

The only way we should consider a release is if we get a quality NRL hooker in return.

Oh and a side note, we should blacklist Matt Adamson

"I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live."

Whoever advised the kid that making such a definitive statement was OK needs to be seriously questioned. If the kid came out with that statement off his own bat the club should be rightly concerned as to his mental stability.

Totally agree......another case of a shit **** player manager, doing a piss poor job of looking after his client.

Saying such things like this ....."I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live." .....is inflammatory.....totally unnecessary and only sets up the opposition (Broncos) to dig their heals in further.

You know what Karl.........for as long as we live, we aint releasing you from your contract, so you'll have to sit it out for 3 yrs unless you change your tune.....you insolent twat.

Name him at prop and give him 80 minutes in the trials. If he doesn’t step up he can wait until next year where we name him at prop and give him 80 minutes in the trial again. If he doesn’t step up that year he can wait until the next year and play prop for 80 minutes in the trial.

Maybe after that he can finally join The and get his starting 6 spot from Milf.

Thing that's a bit odd in all this is we are saying the NRL said we did nothing wrong but him, his management and the NRL auditor are saying the investigation isn't even finished yet. Why as a club would we lie about it.
The IU don’t know their arse from their elbow since V’landys gutted it along with the rest of the administration.

Would he have dumped his previous manger the day before signing the contract to avoid paying agent fees? If so, the irony is delicious 🤤

As much as a part of me wants to kick this kid to the curb, I still reckon the Broncos should do everything they can to repair the relationship..

He's a Redcliffe Junior so I can see why he would want to play there, but there are ways to go about things and acting like a toddler who can't get his own way isn't one of them.
Has little to do with wanting to play for his junior club when he was happy to stay if the broncos upgraded his contract.

It’s entirely about money and the only thing that could’ve changed between him happy to sign the 3 year deal and now is a rival offer, which we all know has likely come from the phins. And the NRL won’t do a thing about it, because the game is run like a bush league.

Has little to do with wanting to play for his junior club when he was happy to stay if the broncos upgraded his contract.

It’s entirely about money and the only thing that could’ve changed between him happy to sign the 3 year deal and now is a rival offer, which we all know has likely come from the phins. And the NRL won’t do a thing about it, because the game is run like a bush league.
We will see. I think it's certainly part of it. If we get found guilty though it will legitimise his case. If not, then he's going to look more of an idiot.

Here's the thing ... if we really did what he claims,

why did he wait until now to lodge a complaint?
why did he wait until we denied him a release so he could earn more money?

he supposedly had his new manager months ago, he could have lodged his complaint then

We will see. I think it's certainly part of it. If we get found guilty though it will legitimise his case. If not, then he's going to look more of an idiot.

the problem for him is this is literally a case of he said/he said. I'm not sure there is any way for the NRL to prove one way or the other (unless DD turns whistle blower maybe).

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • rj9
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Adammacca
... and 54 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.