Drugs in sport - government investigation

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Begging who?

I can't help but think about how awesome Origin will be if they are banned.

That's the main reason. I really enjoy watching both of them play though

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Carney can eat my balls. He shouldn't be playing NRL after the chances he was given. Douche.

And Gallen, yeah, he's got heart, but he's a thug.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Cronulla Sharks chairman Damian Irvine claims players were injected with horse drugs.

The Cronulla Sharks rugby league club sacked four coaching staff members and suspended their coach Shane Flanagan because they did not reveal allegations some players were injected with drugs used on horses.
The club's chairman Damian Irvine alleged his football club staff had not notified the board about the allegations of drug use which date back to 2011.

One of the drugs is believed to be TV-500, a substance used on horses to increase muscle growth, strength and endurance.

The stunning claims were made as the club prepared to open the season tonight against the Gold Coast Titans.
Irvine broke his silence on the scandal that has rocked the club and the NRL. He spoke exclusively to The Sunday Telegraph Sports Editor-at-Large Phil Rothfield.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...with-horse-drugs/story-fndujljl-1226593894057

You would think the players would be thinking something was wrong, when they started grazing on the paddock & eating hay at half time.

Last edited:
Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I like how Slothfield starts the interview with "This is your fault". What a turd.

Anyway, if they were injected with TV-500 then the players should pony up to ASDA.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I like how Slothfield starts the interview with "This is your fault". What a turd.

Anyway, if they were injected with TV-500 then the players should pony up to ASDA.

I agree, no more horsing around

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe they need some carrots so the players will come forward.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hay, no one wants to see the players with a long face

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
All I want is our players to be back in a stable state of mind.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Strange that Sharks players were injected with drugs but all looked short of a gallop on the field.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This news has given Sharks fans the trots.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

He's the biggest sharks fan boy around. Also a massive wanker.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He would have at least kept the fans more informed. However, the new dude is probably wanting to focus attention on the first round.

He's asked for names, ASADA have none, the should be sued by all clubs and the administration for the gross handling of this. Defamation anyone?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I like how Dave Smith isn't going nuts publicly. Simply asked them to name names so they could issue an infraction. They said they have no names, so he's said no players will be stood down.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
He would have at least kept the fans more informed. However, the new dude is probably wanting to focus attention on the first round.

He's asked for names, ASADA have none, the should be sued by all clubs and the administration for the gross handling of this. Defamation anyone?

I was continuing on with the horse pun hahaha, but good points. Smith is doing al he can

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I was continuing on with the horse pun hahaha, but good points. Smith is doing al he can
Haha, I noticed how that one totally flew past Nashy. :laugh:

But yeah, I'm glad Smith is pulling the reigns on this whole thing and focussing on the footy!

Active Now

• mrslong
  • BroncoFan94
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Aldo
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • Mustafur
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.