Eels Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
Who cares about all that crap?

What about Fui Fui's hit on Brett White! GOLD!

yeah that was a highlight of the match, whites face was as if he just got hit by a truck haha. love it

also, on the penalty at the end, it wasnt for the ball coming free

The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold", but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball.

Ah yes. We're not allowed to tackle around the legs. Silly me.

QUEENSLANDER said:
yeah that was a highlight of the match, whites face was as if he just got hit by a truck haha. love it

The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold", but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball.

Then why did he do the stripping or hand on the ball motion when signalling the penalty

Scotty said:
OXY-351 said:
[quote="Captain Staros":103v8moz]Humble Bellamy calling Eels disrespectful for saying the Storm are grubs. He uses the example that none of their players have been charged with kneeing people in the head when they score tries.

Is this bloke serious? Is he forgetting this?

Was it actually illegal when Slater was doing that though?

No but it was still dangerous and **** stupid. If there wasn't any rule specified about punching someone in the head until they dropped the ball would that make it ok?[/quote:103v8moz]

Exactly and not only that, it was because of Slater's "tactics" that made those moves illegal to begin with. Bellamy should be the last person calling another team disrespectful, especially when Melbourne are deadset grubs.

It's crap that most Melbourne don't know about the storm. They would have to be blind. When I was in Melbourne there were Trams with Melbourne Storm all over them, there were flags, flyers everywhere you go in the city, and they were in the news papers...also, plenty of Melbourne Storm beanies to be bought in every sports store...

Also, the ratings are just in, Melbourne had more viewers of the GF than Brisbane.

The largest audiences for the Storm and Eels showdown were in Sydney, where just over 1.16 million watched, followed by Melbourne (682,000) and Brisbane (563,000).
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26 ... 77,00.html

Browny said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Then why did he do the stripping or hand on the ball motion when signalling the penalty

And would he have penalised had Slater not dropped the ball? At that stage of the game, I suspect not

Scotty said:
If there wasn't any rule specified about punching someone in the head until they dropped the ball would that make it ok?

If it was within the rules, then yeah, I see no issue with it

broncosil said:
Exactly and not only that, it was because of Slater's "tactics" that made those moves illegal to begin with.

The best compliment you can make to someone is when they change the rules to try and nullify that players tactics.

Why should Slater be criticized when all he was trying to do was stop tries (which is his job), and he was doing that within the rules of the game.

Winning sometimes isn't about who has the most skill as such, it's about who "interprets" the rules the best.

mrslong said:
It's crap that most Melbourne don't know about the storm. They would have to be blind. When I was in Melbourne there were Trams with Melbourne Storm all over them, there were flags, flyers everywhere you go in the city, and they were in the news papers...also, plenty of Melbourne Storm beanies to be bought in every sports store...

Also, the ratings are just in, Melbourne had more viewers of the GF than Brisbane.

The largest audiences for the Storm and Eels showdown were in Sydney, where just over 1.16 million watched, followed by Melbourne (682,000) and Brisbane (563,000).
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26 ... 77,00.html

What's Melbourne's population, 3 million? Brisbane's is what, 1.5 million?

I wish they wouldn't quote the numbers as much as the percentages.

The Gymp said:
I thought that too, which should be a knock on for the poor ball security.
no it would be a penalty for an offside player making contact with the ball carrier.

the call was no worse than any number of line-ball calls in the game. the 'high shot' penalty against melbourne in the opening few minutes was a doozy - never even came close to hitting his neck or head.

Captain Staros said:
Humble Bellamy calling Eels disrespectful for saying the Storm are grubs. He uses the example that none of their players have been charged with kneeing people in the head when they score tries.

Is this bloke serious? Is he forgetting this?

0,,6321072,00.jpg

0,5001,6284489,00.jpg
are you forgetting that that was 100% legal when billy slater did that? there was nothing wrong with it, and OTHER players had also been doing it for years. i remember way back in like 95 when matthew ridge literally kicked the ball out of a broncos players hands as he was reaching out for a try. not just slide in, he literally pulled the leg back and swung it - and it was fine, no try, no penalty. it was a good tactic and quite frankly i think its ridiculous that the NRL has outlawed it.

its also ridiculous that they let Hayne off for kneeing someone in the head, but hey, NSW fans wouldve whinged for the next 6 months if he got suspended so it was never going to happen.

i also thought the eels were incredibly disrespectful for doing their lap while Smith was giving his speech and the storm were going to receive their medals. i dont care what their reason was for doing it then, its disrespectful.

and as good as fui fuis hit looks, i thought it shouldve been a penalty. he lead with his arms and smacked him square in the head with his arm.

oh and did anyone else notice that Moimois try was basically a carbon copy of Carl Webbs epic SOO try in 2001?

AP, your team won, no need to be so bitter about the ref.

didnt Berro get charged for trying to kick the ball out of fitlers hands?

Probably. Who cares though?

Berro was sh*t. icon_thumbs_u

Silence said:

Shit? Berrigan wasn't the flashiest player but calling him shit is just stupid dude. He was outstanding for us and for Queensland on many occasions.

Browny said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

That wasn't the signal I saw ...

Scotty said:
Silence said:

Shit? Berrigan wasn't the flashiest player but calling him shit is just stupid dude. He was outstanding for us and for Queensland on many occasions.

Yeah fair call. He was a solid player. Nothing flashy but he got the hard metres.

Just one particular member used to talk him up a little too much. It was like "meh he ain't THAT good". It got very tiresome. I think I got used to reading it so much on here that my thought process towards him became tarnished forever. [icon_lol1.

That tattoo.. [icon_non

I didn't realise Hammo had a tattoo devoted to Berro?

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.