Elimination Final - Cowboys vs Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

Yeah, you tell em love. Watching your side put up a valiant effort is so invigorating, it really tells you a lot. It tells you how pathetic their earlier efforts were. Oh, that's right, you'd only just seen their earlier effort......how's this for an idea...? Have your valiant effort in the first half.

pns3t_zps60f2c836.gif

I think Kahu deserves a spot in the team for next year. He provides some spark and speed to our backline. He always was a gun player coming through the grades but has been unlucky with injuries.

The more he plays, the better he'll get, and the better we'll be. He has lost a fair bit of speed, agility and elusiveness, however I feel he can regain that.

I feel he would of been a regular first grader if it weren't for injuries, perhaps our fullback, but it wasn't to be. Hopefully he can gain a spot in the side.

I think he can be a long term option at right centre in the future once Hodges retires, with Copley on the left.

I'd like to see a backline of:

1. Barba/Milford
2. Vidot/Kahu
3. Copely
4. Hodges
5. Kahu/Vidot
6. Barba/Milford
7. Hunt

*If Hoffman is not with us, otherwise he needs to be somewhere in the side.

the best part of the game was Hodges laying on that length of field try for kahu on the kick return. that was 2006 stuff, Hodges to berrigan... I had goosebumps and thought we were back in it. Sims dog shot pretty much sabotaged Hodges mojo

Typical dumb footy from the Broncos. They were all over the place in the first half. Defence was a disgrace as it has been all year. We have terrible Captains, had a terrible coach and a rubbish 1,6,7 and 9.

Why is it we can look good for most games for about 60 minutes but bog ordinary the other twenty?
I thought Corvo was the man to fix that?

He's job was to fix our fitness, which he has.

It's not his fault we have no structures in attack or defence

He's job was to fix our fitness, which he has.

It's not his fault we have no structures in attack or defence

And the poor/non-existent structures ruin any improvement in our fitness, which can make it look like nothing's changed

Great 2nd half comeback

......the pea hearts that stopped watching at half time, suck shit .....you missed seeing your side put up a valiant effort.

Yeah, hated being held hostage watching that second half performance.

Shots fired!

Haha, **** off.

In my years as a Broncos supporter, I've put watching their games ahead of many things, many more important things. People used to think I was crazy, or some obsessed weirdo. I'm more than entitled to tune out for one night of my life for the sake of my sanity.

Get fucked.

Last edited:
I really hope Bennett doesnt run with Hodges at fullback. He can certainly set a try up, but far out his defence is just non-existence. Each time a player got through to face him, he basically just chucked an arm out and hope for the best. Hoffman's, and barbas (to a degree) defence was great. Hoffman stopped at least a handful of certain tries this year and i just cannot see hodges ever doing that. Hes all about attack. Seems to think theres no glory in defending

I went to bed after the first half, but kept watching, half asleep.

The thing is, the Broncos did what I thought they probably would. They got back into the game with some great attacking flare and brutal middle defence and got my hopes up, then they switched off and broke my heart all over again.

If Parker didn't miss those 2 shots at goal, we would have been one converted try behind at 18-24 with all the momentum in our favour. But he didn't kick them and it was 14-24, then the Cows scored again and that was the game.

It's just the story of our season.

Haha, **** off.

In my years as a Broncos supporter, I've put watching their games ahead of many things, many more important things. People used to think I was crazy, or some obsessed weirdo. I'm more than entitled to tune out for one night of my life for the sake of my sanity.

Get fucked.
That second half really made the difference for me. I was completely deflated after the first half, but perked up with the fight back and beauty stuff from Hodgo, Kahu's re-birth, etc... makes me feel confident about the years to come, with Milford added and a coaching team with a clue!

The last image of the Broncos you have until 2015 is the first half against the Cows... **** that!

Maranta is a much better choice at fullback, certainly in the defensive side of things. I have come to the realisation that Hodges is a liability in any position ,at least in a defensive sense. The Broncos cannot really afford carrying such a poor defender even one who provides so much in attack. Of the footy I did watch ( my pea heart condition, you understand ) Hodges singlehandedly gifted the Cows at least three opportunities. The most unforgivable was the one 2 metres out from the goal posts. As a senior player ,when the teams already two converted tries down, it's a knockout semi and the game is only 15 minutes old he should have only been concerned with keeping possession and not thought that that was a good time to be gambling by throwing the possession away. Disgraceful.

For the first time in a long time Thaiday was a benefit for the team. We didn't seem as though we had been playing together all year, it looked so disjointed and that is down to three things. No real on field general, no game plan and poor selection. The individual players do not seem to know their roles like Melbourne. How is that so few players seem to be aware of Parkers off loads except the swarming defence ? I'm not sure that we will a premiership under WB with one starting frontrower, the pint sized McGuire although there have been quite a few small front rowers who were great.

I don't expect McGuire to be a starting frontrower next year. Hunt will be okay next year I think as will Barba. How he is used is another thing and I'd guess off the bench. McCullough will struggle to hold onto his spot. As for the other forwards, none are certain except Parker. I hope he has a very restful off season. Very disappointed with the loss but proud of the broncos who gave their best.

Welcome home WB, here's the broom, do your best.

Haha, **** off.

Get fucked.

Agree with this guy 100%.

You live and die with your team every weekend for your entire life. Probably stayed at home on a Friday/Saturday night countless times instead of hanging out with friends/girlfriends/wives etc to support your team and watch the game.

If you want to come on and here say "**** Player A" and "I went to bed at halftime" or something like that you should be able to and not have people jump down your throat.

I haven't been here very much this year since Griffin pretty much dulled and almost killed my interest in the Broncos and the NRL in general (the NRL administrators with their stupid salary cap that robs from the great e.g. Broncos to give to the undeserving mediocre e.g. Souths to elevate them to hollow glory have helped to do that over many years too).

Worth coming here though on the occasion of the seson's end to say good riddance to Griffin and hope for a return to proper Broncos culture (winning culture!) under the club's godfather Bennett next year. Welcome home from the wilderness Wayne, why did you ever go on your sorry sad southern misadventure? Sounds like last night's game, like the whole season, was the ultimate in frustration to watch.

Finishing 8th is nowhere near a pass mark by Broncos standards. It should never be seen as such, by any Broncos player, member of coaching staff or admin staff, or by any fan. Leave that to clubs where it belongs like Cronulla. Speaking of which, that match against Cronulla was the lowest point, and most embarrassing match, in the entire Broncos history, right from 1988 onwards. Hook deserved to go for that performance alone.

Sounds like we largely have the right players to go forward with a coach that has a clue. The performances of Barba alone here compared to at the Dogs should say all that needs to be said about Hook. Once again, welcome back Wayne and please give the Broncos brand back the respect that it earned over it's glorious history.

Hodges was great in the 2nd half, but not even QLD Cup standard in the first. All those stupid errors and "sticking his arm out" tackles when we let all those tries in.

Certainly Hodges had some great touches in the second half to get them close. That said, our captains plus Hunts inability to rise to the challenge killed us dead. I know Parker gets a lot of love but his stupid penalty followed by his kick off which led to two tries just buried us. Combine that with endless flailing arm tackles by Hodges and you pretty much give up a huge amount of points early on.

Also for Hunt to be considered as a real number 7, he has to be able to play in big games when the game is on the line. I give him the benefit of the doubt and believe with some time he will develop.

Last, how the hell does a coach with sound mind put Hodges in the back on defense? Just makes zero sense. Good guy, bad coach.

All that said, I still will cheer the squad on next year.

Certainly Hodges had some great touches in the second half to get them close. That said, our captains plus Hunts inability to rise to the challenge killed us dead. I know Parker gets a lot of love but his stupid penalty followed by his kick off which led to two tries just buried us. Combine that with endless flailing arm tackles by Hodges and you pretty much give up a huge amount of points early on.

Also for Hunt to be considered as a real number 7, he has to be able to play in big games when the game is on the line. I give him the benefit of the doubt and believe with some time he will develop.

Last, how the hell does a coach with sound mind put Hodges in the back on defense? Just makes zero sense. Good guy, bad coach.

All that said, I still will cheer the squad on next year.

This is the same coach that named a one armed Gillett as a starter. A lot of questionable decisions from Griffin but it's been that way all year tbh.

Agree with this guy 100%.

You live and die with your team every weekend for your entire life. Probably stayed at home on a Friday/Saturday night countless times instead of hanging out with friends/girlfriends/wives etc to support your team and watch the game.

If you want to come on and here say "**** Player A" and "I went to bed at halftime" or something like that you should be able to and not have people jump down your throat.

TBF, Ningers likes us down his throat.....especially Port.

Glad this season is over, bring on 2015.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Culhwch
  • mystico
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.